Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Jaysus. He went a bit mental there tbh.
    It's interesting that this was your takeaway. Not that it's disgraceful that elected officials are trying to discount legitimate votes while been cheered on by the President. But just that the guy trying to argue against it went a bit emotional stating his case against them.

Some people bend over backwards to appear neutral but their true feelings are transparent (That means non-opaque if you are reading this Rudy ;) )

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1328830050293215233

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Overheal wrote: »

Must be BLM people in disguise. I keep reading on here about how Trump supporters don't do that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Must be BLM people in disguise. I keep reading on here about how Trump supporters don't do that kind of thing.

I'm sure Trumps supporters who claimed it was only Antifa/BLM that did that sort of thing will be along to condemn them.

Either that or we will get the usual posts spouting the usual words, rioting, looting, cities burning, anarchy, etc etc.

I'm sure Trumps supporters who claimed it was only Antifa/BLM that did that sort of thing will be along to condemn them.

Either that or we will get the usual posts spouting the usual words, rioting, looting, cities burning, anarchy, etc etc.

About the same chance as the Biden supporters condemning the blm /antifa riots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I'd support Biden over Trump any day of the week, but the absolute carry on from ANTIFA and BLM in some areas is disgraceful. There is absolutely no need for rioting or violence from either side and it does not help their cause at all.

All that should be done is nothing. Sit back, let the cases get thrown out of court, let them do a re-count and watch Trump lose for a second time. BLM/ANTIFA are only serving to bolster Trump and give his side a legitimate reason to complain about the left rioting etc. The same goes for the Proud Boys shouting out the n-word and attacking women; they are only giving the left a reason to call Trump supporters misogynists and violent racists etc.

Biden publicly called for no violence which always seems to be conveniently ignored. Meanwhile Trump encouraged militias.

Biden publicly called for no violence which always seems to be conveniently ignored. Meanwhile Trump encouraged militias.

Are you calling out and condemning blm /anita rioting and violence ?

I'm sure he can answer the question himself. No helpers needed for a yes or no question

He is calling out Trump. There are stupid people on both sides, and such people often look to their president for guidance. And if your leader isn't doing basic presidential things like calling an end to violence, then perhaps find a new leader.

I'm sure he can answer the question himself. No helpers needed for a yes or no question

I don't approve of the violence however the protests were largely peaceful. I also support the goals of BLM as they very much so have legitimate grievances. You seem to think you're making hard hitting points when you're really not...

• Advertisement

I don't approve of the violence however the protests were largely peaceful. I also support the goals of BLM as they very much so have legitimate grievances. You seem to think you're making hard hitting points when you're really not...

So you condemn the violence and rioting. Good to hear

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is it not more appropriate to be calling out the political leaders who are churning up the social unrest???

I don't think anyone here would condone violence of any type.... But we certainly will condemn those in power that instigate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So you condemn the violence and rioting. Good to hear

And yet you can't bring yourself to do the same because there are on 'your' side.

Is supporting Trump really worrh giving up any sense of rationality or common decency?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And yet you can't bring yourself to do the same because there are on 'your' side.

Is supporting Trump really worrh giving up any sense of rationality or common decency?

I blame the political leaders like sydthebeat said

• Registered Users Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think you have a bigger problem with the BLM movement because you either don't acknowledge or don't care that there is systemic racism in the U.S., and you have a lesser/no issue with the Proud Boys ideology because you can relate to them/it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's interesting that this was your takeaway. Not that it's disgraceful that elected officials are trying to discount legitimate votes while been cheered on by the President. But just that the guy trying to argue against it went a bit emotional stating his case against them.

Some people bend over backwards to appear neutral but their true feelings are transparent (That means non-opaque if you are reading this Rudy ;) )

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1328830050293215233

I knew Rudy was stupid but I didn't think he was THAT stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Rudy is dangerously stupid, that has been long established.

I don't see what is in it for him, he had a pretty good reputation built up and a decent legacy he could have retired on before getting entangled with the artificially tanned one.

He claims he isn't getting paid, and Trump didn't think enough of him to give him any role in his impossible to fill administration.

Just simply lost his fúcking mind I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boggles wrote: »
    Rudy is dangerously stupid, that has been long established.

I don't see what is in it for him, he had a pretty good reputation built up and a decent legacy he could have retired on before getting entangled with the artificially tanned one.

He claims he isn't getting paid, and Trump didn't think enough of him to give him any role in his impossible to fill administration.

Just simply lost his fúcking mind I guess.

Isn't he getting 20k a day?

Also, if it was easy enough for him to get entrapped by Sasha Baron Cohen; you don't think the FSB hasn't done something similar?

DrumSteve wrote: »

Is he? I just remember him saying several he wasn't getting paid, like he was a noble law professor fighting injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boggles wrote: »
    Is he? I just remember him saying several he wasn't getting paid, like he was a noble law professor fighting injustice.

Trickle down grifting.

Link

• Advertisement

Trickle down grifting.

Link

That article is behind the NYT paywall but rudy denies he asked for $20,000 a day

https://thehill.com/homenews/526360-giuliani-denies-asking-for-20000-a-day-to-do-legal-work-for-trump

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Which leaders, for what? Do they each share the blame or some more than others?

As POTUS is the ultimate political leader, what specifically do you blame him for, what should he do differently to start to cure these problems.

So you are saying that Trump is responsible for the proud boys violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

"Rioting"

And have you condemned the violence on Trump's side? You were mad keen to get condemnation for the BLM stuff by way of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That article is behind the NYT paywall but rudy denies he asked for $20,000 a day

https://thehill.com/homenews/526360-giuliani-denies-asking-for-20000-a-day-to-do-legal-work-for-trump

Yup even though multiple people who would know are saying he did ask for 20k hes now saying

“I never asked for $20,000,” he said. “The arrangement is, we’ll work it out at the end.”

Which means its definitely gonna be 20k

In fairness to the man, if you had to deal with Trump and his antics on Twitter etc. wouldn't you want the same amount of compensation, if not more?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    In fairness to the man, if you had to deal with Trump and his antics on Twitter etc. wouldn't you want the same amount of compensation, if not more?

Not if your Rudy and just as responsible for the current situation due to being complicit in everything trumps done the past 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Aleece2020 wrote: »

If he has a deal with trump , he ain't getting paid at the end

Poor Rudy thinking he will get paid at the end.

Hate to have explain that to his wife / cousin.

:pac:

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not if your Rudy and just as responsible for the current situation due to being complicit in everything trumps done the past 4 years

I'm sure Rudy is up to his neck in it much like how the rest of the people close to Trump are. The way he gets rid of people for seemingly just disagreeing him must be really ****ing hard to cope with. His office is like a goddamn airport with people leaving and arriving constantly. I imagine that working for someone like that must be like being in a Cult of some sort.

Must be awful to be one of his children too. I'd love to see them posting on reddit on the 'raised by narcissists board' and give us the real story of what it's been like for them once this is all over and they get out of his sphere of influence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement