Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    In fairness to the man, if you had to deal with Trump and his antics on Twitter etc. wouldn't you want the same amount of compensation, if not more?

Lets be real, Rudy is gonna get stiffed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lets be real, Rudy is gonna get stiffed here.

Can't wait for the tweets when he does; from him and from Trump. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm sure Rudy is up to his neck in it much like how the rest of the people close to Trump are. The way he gets rid of people for seemingly just disagreeing him must be really ****ing hard to cope with. His office is like a goddamn airport with people leaving and arriving constantly. I imagine that working for someone like that must be like being in a Cult of some sort.

Must be awful to be one of his children too. I'd love to see them posting on reddit on the 'raised by narcissists board' and give us the real story of what it's been like for them once this is all over and they get out of his sphere of influence.

I can picture Don Jr re-enacting this scene from the Fresh Prince

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Trump fired Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency who had previously stated the election was one of the safest ever.

The man is insane and people are sitting back watching it happen before their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Orange Man Bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

omega man wrote: »
    Trump fired Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency who had previously stated the election was one of the safest ever.

The man is insane and people are sitting back watching it happen before their eyes.

Leave the white house as flaming dumpster and blame the fallout on Dems for the entire 4 years. Smart move

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

omega man wrote:
    Is he insane? If that's the case he won't be fit to stand trial for any charges against him.

I said this a few weeks ago and it was dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Orange Man Bad!
    Tourettes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is he insane? If that's the case he won't be fit to stand trial for any charges against him.

I said this a few weeks ago and it was dismissed.

he is not insane. He will be fit to stand trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Must be awful to be one of his children too. I'd love to see them posting on reddit on the 'raised by narcissists board' and give us the real story of what it's been like for them once this is all over and they get out of his sphere of influence.

I dont think we will ever see anything like this unless it were to come from Tiffany or has her father refers to her "whats her name?", or maybe Barron.

Ivanka, Don Jr and Eric deserve no sympathy they are as up to their necks in everything as their father and should never be absolved of the responsibility for their actions. If they didnt like the situation they were in they had ample chances to leave over the years.

• Advertisement

he is not insane. He will be fit to stand trial.
    As the days go by I'm becoming more and more suspicious of his motives. I don't believe for one second that Trump believes he can change the result of this election.
    There's an ulterior motive in play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As the days go by I'm becoming more and more suspicious of his motives. I don't believe for one second that Trump believes he can change the result of this election.

Of course he doesn't think he can change the result. He will burn down everything around him and then blame Biden for not fixing his ****ups for the next 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What we know from past experience is that Trump is not playing some kind of long game. Everything he does is purely reactionary, whatever he can do to protect his ego and satisfy the narcissist inside.

He will not alow himself to be declared unfit to stand trial because his ego wouldn't allow him to. He would insist that all of the charges against him are false, and like Guiliani might even go as far as to represent himself if nobody else is doing a good enough job.

From Trump's point of view, the appropriate move when an underling argues with you is to fire them and replace them with someone who will obey without question.

What he misses is the long game - firing highly competent and highly respected top members of any organisation and replacing them with a limp patsy is a sure fire way to turn the whole organisation against you. Trump will now find it much slower and more difficult to get CISA and the DoHS to co-operate with him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Of course he doesn't think he can change the result. He will burn down everything around him and then blame Biden for not fixing his ****ups for the next 4 years.

And his base will swallow it hook, line, and sinker

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

He is doing his masters bidding, the golden shower must remain a stain under the mattress

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't think he really has an opinion one way or the other about if he can get the result changed or not. He doesn't care.

It's just what he does. Attempt to do something. Blame everyone else for cheating. Make a balls up of whatever simple task it was that he had to do. Blame everyone else for hating on him. Scream a bit. Blame people for cheating a bit more. Move onto the next thing whilst claiming that it was someone else's fault and everyone has told him how great he is and he knows more about "thing" than probably anyone ever before so it clearly wasn't his fault if other people cheated.

The winning or losing isn't a concern for him. It's just the taking part and people adoring him before he moves onto something new he can claim to be great at.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭timetogo1

For Trump, I think it's just his personality, he will never concede the election. If he does, in his brain, he's a loser.

The ulterior motive is in the Republican Party I think. Trump is no use to them anymore. Their leaders know that this will lead to nothing. What will they gain by dragging this out? It seems it's just to frustrate the opposing party at all costs even if it harms the country.

robinph wrote:
    The winning or losing isn't a concern for him. It's just the taking part and people adoring him before he moves onto something new he can claim to be great at.
    I think you are grossly underestimating him.
    Many years ago he did a stint with the WWE and his actions were eerily similar to how he's acted as President.
    He started out as the bad guy but by the end they were shouting his name. The majority of people that go to wrestling events are type that would vote for him. I think he found out how to appeal to those people there. I think getting those people to the polls was his biggest achievement.
    Now if he was planning this n running for President back then it means he's well capable of planning long term.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Ulterior motive is absolutely clear.

If he had conceded like a normal person a large segment of his base would have deserted him, they certainly would have stopped giving him money.

Look at how badly QAnon were flailing as Biden was called the winner. Their whole house of cards had tumbled, the Trump "fight" has given them a lifeline.

Trump keeping up this utterly ridiculous fight is aimed at solely at one thing , keeping his base active and willing to continue to fund him.

He will keep this charade up all the way through - The day after Biden is officially confirmed - Not sure if that is December 14th when the EC vote or January 6th when the results of the vote are "announced" in Congress , he will "officially announce his candidacy for 2024.

Again , not because he will actually run , but because it allows him to keep his PAC open and grab up cash to pay off his debts and spend as he sees fit.

How much money do you think is going to flow in that PAC from Big Oil/Gas as he raffles off Alaska in his final few weeks in office?

It's a Grift , just like everything else he has ever done in his entire life.

Many years ago he did a stint with the WWE and his actions were eerily similar to how he's acted as President.
    He started out as the bad guy but by the end they were shouting his name. The majority of people that go to wrestling events are type that would vote for him. I think he found out how to appeal to those people there. I think getting those people to the polls was his biggest achievement.
    Now if he was planning this n running for President back then it means he's well capable of planning long term.

The majority of wrestling fans are actually democrat. However, wrestling fans also have the lowest vote turnout of any of the sports analysed in the below study.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sports-viewers-skew-republican-but-nba-fans-lean-blue/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

His administration have effectively abandoned any federal Covid response.
    Their figures are rapidly deteriorating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yes because WWE is a true reflection of reality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Trump is such a child, getting rid of highly competent people because they disagree with him and trying to hand over a destabilised Afghanistan and Iraq to Biden who will be forced to increase troop numbers and be attacked for doing it.

Disgusted with Trump and those who voted for him who are his primary enablers.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yes because WWE is a true reflection of reality

I could give many responses to this.

Like it's not that much different to what we've seen from the White House for the last four years.
    I could ask you who said it was a true reflection of reality?
    I suggested it might have been a trial run with that level of person to see what they liked and didn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

His administration have effectively abandoned any federal Covid response.
    Their figures are rapidly deteriorating.

America deserves what it gets.

Voting for Biden of Trump is one thing. Listening to Trump or Biden is one thing.

But having your own conscience is another. Virtually everyone doesn't want to wear a mask. But you suck it up for the half hour you're in a shop, not for yourself but to do the decent thing for others. Not being a ignorant cu*t is going to cost you nothing.

But when you go out of your way and ignore completely even basic human dignity, you deserve what you get. Just under half of America voted for a man who wilfully put children in cages to keep them from their parents, and a huge volume of people have no interest in wearing masks, washing hands.

If you're going to be pig ignorant or support pig ignorance, you can't be surprised if you pay the price.

So America deserves what it gets. If that means half a million dead, a million dead, two million dead, then so be it, let them die for their ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think you have a bigger problem with the BLM movement because you either don't acknowledge or don't care that there is systemic racism in the U.S., and you have a lesser/no issue with the Proud Boys ideology because you can relate to them/it.

I take offense to that tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

So you are saying that Trump is responsible for the proud boys violence?

Yes. He did nothing to calm the situation.

The Michigan leader of blm has been arrested as part of a sexual assault investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I take offense to that tbh

Chin up snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

randd1 wrote: »
    America deserves what it gets.

Voting for Biden of Trump is one thing. Listening to Trump or Biden is one thing.

But having your own conscience is another. Virtually everyone doesn't want to wear a mask. But you suck it up for the half hour you're in a shop, not for yourself but to do the decent thing for others. Not being a ignorant cu*t is going to cost you nothing.

But when you go out of your way and ignore completely even basic human dignity, you deserve what you get. Just under half of America voted for a man who wilfully put children in cages to keep them from their parents, and a huge volume of people have no interest in wearing masks, washing hands.

If you're going to be pig ignorant or support pig ignorance, you can't be surprised if you pay the price.

So America deserves what it gets. If that means half a million dead, a million dead, two million dead, then so be it, let them die for their ignorance.

the other half voted for an ideology that pits blacks and whites against each other, and bullies people who desagree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yes. He did nothing to calm the situation.

The Michigan leader of blm has been arrested as part of a sexual assault investigation

Can you explain how your first point relates to your second point?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement