Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Inquitus wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense, pardon me!

Tell me more about this duff USB stick, I'm intrigued with your nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

km991148 wrote: »
    Anyone got a handy link? What was that link posted last night for Trump crazy horse speech?

If it happens it'll be on the live stream on cnn.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

py2006 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the difference between upper and lower teeth...

Anyone seen bob Mortimer on would I lie to you (doing his own dentistry)?

He had similar thing going on. Top plate for show, bottom good ol' yellows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Saying on CNN old pumpkin head now wants a new legal team lol- clearly the current ones telling him there’s no case here.

I wonder what kind of budget CNN run on? They create an illusion of affluence but a few days of watching shows they have a very small stable of anchors, analysts and contributors that they recycle day after day after day. I'd be surprised if they have a bigger budget than RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fuji 9.

I'm honestly not even sure anymore what's sarcasm or a serious question around here anymore. They obviously don't have that exact control over what is going on. They can't tell exactly what is enough before any votes are counted and as was pointed out they wanted to make sure they wouldn't be open to recounts.

The margins were pretty slim on what would be just about believable or not and they did a pretty good job in that regard since Biden has won all 4 of the remaining states comfortably without running away with it completely.

And yes, this isn't proof they've cheated, but it's highly suspicious. It will be up to Trump and his lawyers and investigators to prove it.

just to be absolutely clear here: you are explicitly claiming the mail voting numbers as cheating?

no supposing, no hypotheses, no "it's possible that..."- you are stating that hundreds of thousands of votes were fraudulently organised and cast?

that is mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭endainoz

just to be absolutely clear here: you are explicitly claiming the mail voting numbers as cheating?

no supposing, no hypotheses, no "it's possible that..."- you are stating that hundreds of thousands of votes were fraudulently organised and cast?

that is mental.

Not mental from a troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's quite possible there was somewhere along the line, but the mail in ballots are a lot more susceptible to fraud.

This is a strange misconception a lot of right wing commentators have promoted this year, and it's a bit rich because mail in has been a standard of their voting patterns for a very long time, particularly in Arizona.

Mail in ballots are remarkably secure, with multiple checks along the way and a physical paper audit trail, stuff that a lot of states' in-person voting doesn't equal. That's part of the reason admin staff use it. The security of having a paper audit trail vs machine only voting is, you'll recall, why Ireland had to warehouse a load of shiny new voting terminals that never saw use.

Mail in was originally geared towards the military and overseas staff, so it had to be developed with centred security. Every point has checks and traceability, and there are multiple stages to challenge/verify/ cure mail in ballots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm honestly not even sure anymore what's sarcasm or a serious question around here anymore. They obviously don't have that exact control over what is going on. They can't tell exactly what is enough before any votes are counted and as was pointed out they wanted to make sure they wouldn't be open to recounts.

The margins were pretty slim on what would be just about believable or not and they did a pretty good job in that regard since Biden has won all 4 of the remaining states comfortably without running away with it completely.

And yes, this isn't proof they've cheated, but it's highly suspicious. It will be up to Trump and his lawyers and investigators to prove it.

Do you know what the turnout has been in Pennsylvania? Or in any of the counties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Anyone got a handy link? What was that link posted last night for Trump crazy horse speech?

Here's Bloomberg QuickTake cued up on YouTube --

https://youtu.be/Dk7WG0Ovdr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,703 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

py2006 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the difference between upper and lower teeth...

Well when you're a bottom feeder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Fuji 9.

Actually.. here.. for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/kgI3Y7gxMO4

It's absolutely better than any YouTube/Twitter link posted so far on this thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Now you are surprised that the 4 closest states are the 4 which are taking the longest to count because they are actually having to count all of the votes before any network will make a call on it? Plenty of other states at still less than 90% counted. They are still being counted, but nobody is reporting on it because they are now irrelevant other than for the overall popular vote.

It's not suspicious that the states that are being reported on are the ones that are the closest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

It was supposed to be at 1am. Where did you hear its happening soon? It hasn't been mentioned on CNN

I'm just going by this --

https://youtu.be/Dk7WG0Ovdr0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Disappointing some Irish people are sheep believing the fraud storyline. Come on people use your brains. It's a charade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

froog wrote: »
    i know a guy.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fe2%2F46%2F25d669cd4c1b9e41cd82269de11f%2F160902-baker-rudy-brooks.jpg

According to CNN he is already on the team and one of the ones that he’s unhappy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

CNN: Expected that Biden will speak "tonight", but if the count isn't significantly different than it is now, he will not claim victory, only talk about the current state of the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

I wonder what kind of budget CNN run on? They create an illusion of affluence but a few days of watching shows they have a very small stable of anchors, analysts and contributors that they recycle day after day after day. I'd be surprised if they have a bigger budget than RTE.

Their budget would be huge compared to RTE (you have me interested will do some proper investigating tomorrow)
    Their Ad revenue will be huge.
    Just a quick link to their staff https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CNN_personnel

Yea Guiliani is Trumps chief legal advisor- probably one of the ones he’s sacking for not telling him what he wants to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

This is a strange misconception a lot of right wing commentators have promoted this year, and it's a bit rich because mail in has been a standard of their voting patterns for a very long time, particularly in Arizona.

Mail in ballots are remarkably secure, with multiple checks along the way and a physical paper audit trail, stuff that a lot of states' in-person voting doesn't equal. That's part of the reason admin staff use it. The security of having a paper audit trail vs machine only voting is, you'll recall, why Ireland had to warehouse a load of shiny new voting terminals that never saw use.

Mail in was originally geared towards the military and overseas staff, so it had to be developed with centred security. Every point has checks and traceability, and there are multiple stages to challenge/verify/ cure mail in ballots.

There is one big problem though, a voter can make a copy of their ballot before they send it as proof in vote buying/intimidation schemes. I doubt there was organised vote buying in this election but it could happen and nothing in the processes you mentioned can prevent it. A secret ballot is always the most secure, you go in and mark the paper where cameras are forbidden and a penalty is in place if caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Tippex wrote: »
    According to CNN he is already on the team and one of the ones that he’s unhappy with.

Tbf he is one of the worst non-fictional lawyers I've ever seen.

That demented "I hereby claim..." stuff was apparently his idea because "possession is 99% of ownership". Which sounds like he learned law from ****ing Futurama.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

So after the longest, most drawn out election ever, has trump finally lost? Is it finally over? Its about time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,539 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tippex wrote: »

We’ve all known people in our lives, workplaces that when things start going tits up, their reaction instead of “ ok, WE could / should have done better, is to fûck their teammates under the bus.

That’s what old Donald is at here.....

Giuliani though quite frankly should have been a LOT more savvy than to let himself be used in this manner, should have kept the fûck away from Donald and his campaign.... Giuliani has a great legacy, tonnes of love and respect for all he did for NY in 40 plus years in varying offices up to and including mayor... he is loved.... should have let his head rule his heart and not get into bed with this fella....

Course these legal guys are in it for a huge pay cheque so obviously in their interest to tell him to “keep fighting”. Like feeding a drug addict with more heroin

Strumms wrote: »
    We’ve all known people in our lives, workplaces that when things start going tits up, their reaction instead of “ ok, WE could / should have done better, is to fûck their teammates under the bus.

That’s what old Donald is at here.....

Giuliani though quite frankly should have been a LOT more savvy than to let himself be used in this manner, should have kept the fûck away from Donald and his campaign.... Giuliani has a great legacy, tonnes of love and respect for all he did for NY in 40 plus years in varying offices up to and including mayor... he is loved.... should have let his head rule his heart and not get into bed with this fella....

could say the same for many highly respected republican figures tbf

eight years of Obama, the problems inherent in their society and the pressure from the tea party pulled that whole party into madness

trump as much an outcome as a driver

Actually.. here.. for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/kgI3Y7gxMO4

It's absolutely better than any YouTube/Twitter link posted so far on this thread.

Thanks for that. Great to watch it again.

Not sure who else feels the same but for me this thread is like a very refreshing detox from 6 months of covid information overdose.

Sorry for even mentioning it.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Course these legal guys are in it for a huge pay cheque so obviously in their interest to tell him to “keep fighting”. Like feeding a drug addict with more heroin

well and good until you go to trump with the bill....many let down over the years at that point

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement