Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

VinLieger wrote: »
    His own agencies responsible for overseeing the election has declared everything above board.

Anyone thinking Trump has any hope whatsoever of staying in office clearly hasn't "done their research".

Its an astonishing unwillingness to look facts in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

A quick Google would tell you you are wrong. There is not a mask mandate in every state. Please have a quick google before posting nonsense.

https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-living/info-2020/states-mask-mandates-coronavirus.html
    Exactly each governor dictates the policy of the state. We as individuals know what to do wash our hands, wear a mask, limit contact, protect the old and vulnerable. That is personal responsibility.
    Don't be so nasty maybe try to be nice sometimes and not so dismissive it is very condescending.

normakelle wrote: »
    Exactly each governor dictates the policy of the state. We as individuals know what to do wash our hands, wear a mask, limit contact, protect the old and vulnerable. That is personal responsibility.
    Don't be so nasty maybe try to be nice sometimes and not so dismissive it is very condescending.
    They have to wear masks in schools, supermarkets, gyms etc the same as here

This statement is a lie. They do not have to wear masks in schools, supermarkets, gyms etc. everywhere in America. I have no problem posting in a condescending tone if you are going to continue to post nonsense and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Mass deaths what hyperbole.

adjective
    pertaining to, involving, or affecting a large number of people:
    mass unemployment;
    mass migrations.

affecting a number of people, but more than two and typically a large number:
    mass murder;
    a mass shooting.

participated in or performed by a large number of people, especially together in a group:
    mass demonstrations;
    mass suicide.

Fecking hyperbolic English language.

I don't think anyone with half a seashell between their ears can say it was a fair election when you had such blatant manipulation of the narrative by the media. There's people here that think Trump is a dictator, they did not form that opinion by themselves.

He's correct not to concede when the stakes are so high, if it turns out everything was above board well then he should concede were not at that point yet though.

I agree. When you have Mark zucckerberg meddling in elections helping 4.4 million people to register to vote you question what's in it for him. If it turns out everything was above board then of course Biden should be president 100 per cent

• Advertisement

I agree. When you have Mark zucckerberg meddling in elections helping 4.4 million people to register to vote you question what's in it for him. If it turns out everything was above board then of course Biden should be president 100 per cent

They did the exact same thing four years ago, except it was two million people. Why were you not concerned then?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what aspect of it do you think is not above board? do you have any evidence to suggest that it is not above board? you are doing exactly what trump is doing. throwing out nonsense and hoping that something sticks.

They did the exact same thing four years ago, except it was two million people. Why were you not concerned then?

He shouldn't get involved in any election. If you want to vote you don't need mark zuccherberg to help you

He shouldn't get involved in any election. If you want to vote you don't need mark zuccherberg to help you

So should we therefore remove Trump from office right now since you've just admitted that there was what you believe to be meddling in the election four years ago too? Or are you OK with it as your guy won in the end that time?

So should we therefore remove Trump from office right now since you've just admitted that there was what you believe to be meddling in the election four years ago too? Or are you OK with it as your guy won in the end that time?

There should be a fair and honest election without interference from him whether 2016 or 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is apparent and obvious nonsense.

If you look at the top ten political FB pages in the US, Hannity and the rest of them dominate.

While you're at it, look at the platform Twitter is giving Trump, refusing to delete his lies.

Every accusation is an admission, yet again.

PS - if you want to now drop the social media claim, look at the *evidence* Trump et al are submitting in Court. There are NO claims of fraud. They have been defeated in every case bar one, and that one was over turned.

They have Rudy in there making a show of himself.

The sooner the world faces the reality that Trump was beaten and moves on, the better.

I am so scared lol . Yes I said they wear masks. It is individual resposibility
    They have to wear masks in schools, supermarkets, gyms etc the same as here

So, you lied then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Getting people to register to vote is not meddling in elections. Its encouraging people to use their rights.

what aspect of it do you think is not above board? do you have any evidence to suggest that it is not above board? you are doing exactly what trump is doing. throwing out nonsense and hoping that something sticks.

Follow the money or is that too much trouble for you

There should be a fair and honest election without interference from him whether 2016 or 2020

So, what is your answer to my question? Should we therefore remove Trump from office right now because you also believe that there was meddling in the election four years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I presume therefore you have a problem with Trump looking for assistance from Russia in 2016 and the Ukraine this time around and believe that he was rightfully impeached as a result.

Oh, and that you believe him asking for help from China the day after the impeachment vote was wrong too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

That b*stard helping people exercise their democratic rights! :D:D
    If the Republicans encouraged people to vote, instead of telling them not to fill out postal votes, then maybe they would have won.

Does Donny understand how elections work?
    Probably not, seeing as how the Russians had to explain it to him in 2016

Follow the money or is that too much trouble for you

follow it where, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

ronald reagan would have not have sat with his thumb up his ass while 1700 people die every day.

Reagan sat with his thumb up his ass through a pandemic until 50,000 Americans were infected with something that had a 100% mortality rate at the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't think anyone with half a seashell between their ears can say it was a fair election when you had such blatant manipulation of the narrative by the media. There's people here that think Trump is a dictator, they did not form that opinion by themselves.

He's correct not to concede when the stakes are so high, if it turns out everything was above board well then he should concede were not at that point yet though.
    Doesn't need the media to twist anything to form the opinion of Trump acting like a dictator when you have him using Twitter as he does and claiming to have won states that he clearly lost with zero evidence.

All very dictatorish language, and straight from the capitalised Twitter feed of the man himself. No media spin needed, he's doing it all himself and it is there for all to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

did you see the mass rallies that trump held? not much in the way of mask wearing there.
    In all fairness you can only partially blame Trump for that. The information is out there to wear masks, wash your hands and maintain social distance for months. You have a personal responsibility to look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That all sounds great, but falls apart when there are no supports for staying home. When employers are free to demand workers continue to work, don't have to provide PPE etc.

When landlords are free to evict for non payment of rent. Peer pressure means many people feel they are treated as libtards and anti Trump for wearing a mask.

When governors are slow to act in case they displease Trump, so delay putting in place measures that could save lives.

All that comes from the tone and action of Trump. He effectively called out anyone that disagreed with his view that it was nothing to worry about. Calling Biden out for trying to protect himself and those around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

robinph wrote: »
    Doesn't need the media to twist anything to form the opinion of Trump acting like a dictator when you have him using Twitter as he does and claiming to have won states that he clearly lost with zero evidence.

All very dictatorish language, and straight from the capitalised Twitter feed of the man himself. No media spin needed, he's doing it all himself and it is there for all to see.

How anyone can defend Trump still is beyond me. The man is very vocally an awful Human Being. He has time and again proven how terrible he is, and quite frankly he revels in, and so does his supporters. They have made it very clear they hate everyone who isn't them. How people can deny this after all these years is beyond me.

eagle eye wrote: »
    In all fairness you can only partially blame Trump for that. The information is out there to wear masks, wash your hands and maintain social distance for months. You have a personal responsibility to look after yourself.

I will reiterate my previous post on that matter. Many Americans look to their president for guidance and advice. How do you expect such people to act when that president:
    • said in the past on wearing masks that he "won't be doing it personally" (source)
    • said that Americans who wear face coverings are doing so just to show their disapproval of him rather than as a preventive measure (source)
    • didn't wear a mask when he was legally required to wear one (source)
    • wasn't wearing a mask because he thought he would look ridiculous (source)
    • mocks people for wearing masks (source)

no, you can blame him for that. he held the rallies. he didnt insist that people wore masks and socially distance while at the rallies. his rallies were directly responsible for 700 deaths.

This Trump is a dictator line is awful crap.
    Can you please move away from it.

There is plenty of things he is, narcissist, liar, cheat etc. etc.

It's not possible to be a dictator of the USA. He was elected POTUS, it'll be over soon thankfully.

no, you can blame him for that. he held the rallies. he didnt insist that people wore masks and socially distance while at the rallies. his rallies were directly responsible for 700 deaths.
    As I said the advice has been out there for months. If these people are too stupid to follow good advice then they are responsible for what happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Trump (edit: if not constrained by US political system) would be an all-American sort of dictator with one hand on the bible and the other on a gun (to give all those "Antifa"/BLM traitors what's for!) so it is all good!

Not like those foreign speakey bow to the easty autocrats they have in lesser countries.

As I said the advice has been out there for months. If these people are too stupid to follow good advice then they are responsible for what happens to them.

no, the person who holds the event and encourages that behaviour is responsible.

• Advertisement

I will reiterate my previous post on that matter. Many Americans look to their president for guidance and advice. How do you expect such people to act when that president: said in the past on wearing masks that he "won't be doing it personally" (

Aa said in my other post, the advice has been out there for months. If you are too stupid or ignorant to follow it then you are to blame for what happens to you.
    Trump isn't a doctor or scientist. Go back through all the threads here since covid-19 came to the fore and you'll see many, many posters criticising what Trump said on the subject and that's been going on all around the world and in the media too.
    There's no good excuse for attending a really nevermind not wearing masks, washing your hands and maintaining social distance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement