Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Don Jr getting the virus talking makes them look like complete idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

roughly 870 people per million of population have desmied, 10th in the world per capita.

how much of the worlds travel go via the US?

if you allow for that fact, what happens the stats?

So, if there were no travel there would be no numbers.

And if your uncle had no testicles he would be your aunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

what about this POV?

All this reflects is what a backwards country America is. Wildly religious in many parts, and deeply conservative, and the point of these debates is to recruit as many voters as possible. They already had all the liberal and city votes, you don't gain anything by going out and appealing to them, and you don't lose much (evidently, considering they won by a landslide) by appealing to the rednecks.

Much like Bill Clinton before him they had to appeal to the conservatives and now 25 years later Clinton is attacked by Trump and co for signing in the three strikes law and tougher sentencing on drugs that was only done to appease conservatives in the first place.

A big part of where America's current malaise has come from is that the Democrats are never conservative enough for the Republican leaning swing voters despite these efforts in the long run and at the same time they are never progressive enough for the younger generation of the party, while the Republicans are reliably conservative, although not right wing enough for the hardcore who want walls built, immigrants thrown in cages and people left to die on the street outside hospitals if they can't afford health insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

feargale wrote: »
    So, if there were no travel there would be no numbers.

And if your uncle had no testicles he would be your aunt.

no. i'm saying the US are, on a per capita basis, within the norm.

added to that, the fact that most international travel is via the US they should have a higher % of infections per capita.

that's just common sense i would think?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,707 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Another slice in Donalds death by a 1000 cuts fall from grace.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1329975318719856640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

no. i'm saying the US are, on a per capita basis, within the norm.

added to that, the fact that most international travel is via the US they should have a higher % of infections per capita.

that's just common sense i would think?

They are not within the norm, they are roughly 190th out of 200 the norm would surely have to be roughly in the middle, 90 places above.
    You’re going to have to back up your most international travel is via the us as that at best sounds unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

No pun intended, but can we give the Sleepy Joe posts a rest. It is still an active rule as per OP.

Post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

roughly 870 people per million of population have desmied, 10th in the world per capita.

how much of the worlds travel go via the US?

if you allow for that fact, what happens the stats?

Not much international travel through the Dakotas, North Dakota currently has the world’s highest death rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

No pun intended, but can we give the Sleepy Joe posts a rest. It is still an active rule as per OP.

Post deleted

Great pun though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another slice in Donalds death by a 1000 cuts fall from grace.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1329975318719856640

And here comes the Michigan kick to the balls

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1329941375928897540?s=19

And the lies keep on coming...

https://twitter.com/jadedcreative/status/1329903952272482305?s=19

I have to say, hats off to 45 - he started with a pretty much despicable Sean Spicer as first press Secretary, yet somehow managed to select an even worse person for each successor.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was appalling, then there was Stephanie Grisham, and here we are with Kayleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It has come out that before rallies. His audience is coached and told to appear enthusiastic before the cameras. And if people don't look suitably enthused they are removed if they are in the frame.

I don't think his supporters love is as ardent as he says. I think he will disappear from public view soon after leaving office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »

I have to say, hats off to 45 - he started with a pretty much despicable Sean Spicer as first press Secretary, yet somehow managed to select an even worse person for each successor.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was appalling, then there was Stephanie Grisham, and here we are with Kayleigh

And the mooch was so fantastic he became a unit of time

https://twitter.com/PascrellforNJ/status/1329875147067625474?s=20

Be interesting to see how this might pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

I know she and the gang likes to boast about being a Christian, but they must be reading a completely different Bible

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Celebrating anybody contracting the Coronavirus sounds like something Trump and his cohorts would do.
    I hope you guys doing that are Trump haters and don't call yourselves Democrat supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

My take from that clip is they are now fighting against the perception that they are not doing a proper transfer of power.

That they are even talking about it marks a step change. They know they are beaten, know there is only one outcome. All of this is just a tantrum and sore losers

eagle eye wrote: »
    Celebrating anybody contracting the Coronavirus sounds like something Trump and his cohorts would do.
    I hope you guys doing that are Trump haters and don't call yourselves Democrat supporters.

People can be supporters of anything they want and be over the moon with someone catching covid. It’s irrelevant what party they support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

I think people are enjoying the irony of someone who has actively contributed to the spread of Covid actually becoming infected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

salmocab wrote:
    People can be supporters of anything they want and be over the moon with someone catching covid. It’s irrelevant what party they support.
    Well it's not something I'd expect from a Democrat having lived, worked and been friends with many over the last 30 years.
    Red neck Republicans is who I'd expect to see taking delight in things like that.

Well it's not something I'd expect from a Democrat having lived, worked and been friends with many over the last 30 years.
    Red neck Republicans is who I'd expect to see taking delight in things like that.

Nobody ever steps in when you're provoked.

They only step in when you retaliate.

Trump junior "wrote" a book called Triggered, poking fun at the libs, how easily wound up they are. In short, he's a bitter and twisted litte upstart. I've zero empathy for him catching something he and his dad have sought to downplay, causing nothing but grief.

Political leanings and delight in others issues aren’t particularly linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Theres a difference in celebrating the irony of him catching it and actually celebrating him catching it, imo the vast majority are doing the former not the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

It's karma.... And luckily it has no red or blue preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Attempts at justification are hilarious and telling

Do you want to answer the question I asked about immigration? You seemed quite animated about it at the time.

Have we moved on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

There is something seriously weird that the anti PC brigade are now all PC, thinking they have the moral high with regards people poking fun and laughing at the trump's or anyone in their sphere for catching covid-19 when they've down played, lied about the virus..

Can we take out the red hat wearers, maybe the numbers won't be so bad?

All of your posts seem to be efforts to be judgmental of everyone else. It's a bit dull and predictable at this stage. Particularly since we regularly respond to your posts and you tend to ignore the answers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Do you want to answer the question I asked about immigration? You seemed quite animated about it at the time.

Have we moved on?

I think if answered it twice already but happy to answer it again for you if you want to ask

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement