Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

astrofool wrote: »
    It's not a discussion if it's just "Here's a question", "Here's the answer", but it's fine (that's what Google does), everyone knows how to answer your questions now, or can just ignore and move on with discussion.

Discussion is debate with both sides making points and asking questions.

That is not what's happening.

But if that's what you want then no problem. Put me on your ignore list and carry on. All good

You are saying it's a discussion forum but at the same time are saying you don't want to talk about anything because I'm asking questions that in your opinion I should already know the answer to.

Not that you should already know, but that you should use Google to answer.

For example, why ask "Will the Biden administration tackle drug pricing?" on a discussion forum instead of using Google? Google will take you directly to Joe Biden's page where it is described in detail, rather than give you a one or two sentence reply that you would get here eventually rather than instantly.

A discussion forum would instead be used to debate whether we think his policies are good or bad, not what they are in the first place.

Not that you should already know, but that you should use Google to answer.

For example, why ask "Will the Biden administration tackle drug pricing?" on a discussion forum instead of using Google? Google will take you directly to Joe Biden's page where it is described in detail, rather than give you a one or two sentence reply that you would get here eventually rather than instantly.

A discussion forum would instead be used to debate whether we think his policies are good or bad, not what they are in the first place.

So don't ask questions because Google can answer them.
    Instead just post comments.

I disagree but if that's your line of thought so be it. You can also add me to the ignore list if you wish

So don't ask questions because Google can answer them.
    Instead just post comments.

That's not what I said at all. Did you read my last sentence?

What is the benefit to you of someone on a discussion forum, who might be lying, telling you what Biden's drug pricing policies are, rather than reading about them directly from the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It is a reasonable assessment and should be levelled at him from all quarters.

It should be, but all it will do is make Trump double down even harder. The man feeds off of hatred and attention. The best way of dealing with him is to nudge him and his supporters into political isolation and irrelevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Discussion is debate with both sides making points and asking questions.

That is not what's happening.

But if that's what you want then no problem. Put me on your ignore list and carry on. All good

But you're lacking the "making points" bit because you don't know the answer to any question.

As I said, it's fine, it was really to understand what angle you were coming at, now everybody knows, they can answer appropriately, no need for ignore lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is Rudi holding another presser later?

Fingers crossed :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1330148622898515969?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There is no path for him and he knows it.

His Russian handlers must be telling him to create as much chaos as possible on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

There is no path for him and he knows it.

His Russian handlers must be telling him to create as much chaos as possible on the way out.
    He's cr@pping himself..come January he knows he has no protection and is fair game for all the DA's to gun for him.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

DubInMeath wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PascrellforNJ/status/1329875147067625474?s=20

Be interesting to see how this might pan out.

To put it frankly, it's about bloody time.

I was wondering whether there was some sort of sanction for filing tons of useless, time wasting, fraudulent lawsuits.

• Advertisement

He's cr@pping himself..come January he knows he has no protection and is fair game for all the DA's to gun for him.

If he's so worried about that, he can try to resign and have Pence pardon him.

If that's not a goer, he can always try to get to a country without an extradition treaty with the U.S.

But even more than all that, I'm not sure of the wisdom in prosecuting Trump immediately after, or soon after, leaving office. In case anyone hadn't noticed, the political atmosphere in the U.S. is incredibly tense at the moment and prosecuting the god-emperor of one side mightn't be the best way to cool things down. This is not to say that Trump is undeserving of prosecution, but prosecutors have to seriously ask the question of whether it would be worth it no matter what.

briany wrote: »

If that's not a goer, he can always try to get to a country without an extradition treaty with the U.S.

But even more than all that, I'm not sure of the wisdom in prosecuting Trump immediately after, or soon after, leaving office. In case anyone hadn't noticed, the political atmosphere in the U.S. is incredibly tense at the moment and prosecuting the god-emperor of one side mightn't be the best way to cool things down. This is not to say that Trump is undeserving of prosecution, but prosecutors have to seriously ask the question of whether it would be worth it no matter what.
    Yeah I think they will hold off before starting anything.

Think he can only get pardoned for Federal crimes ? (open to correction on that)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

briany wrote:
    I never thought of that side of things. Best wait a year and see how things are then.

Thoe responsible for state prosecution might wait a short while, but don't think that the banks he owes money to will, if he can't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I have seen something recently that as a former president you do not go back to your former life of freedoms as such. you are assigned a permanent Secret Service detail (you can opt-out of that). But as a former president, you are still read into a lot of the security briefings etc and as such your travel is restricted so it's not like he can just jump on trump air and fly to a non-extradition country without being tagged (not to say he won't try it).

Is Rudi holding another presser later?

Fingers crossed :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1330148622898515969?s=19

It would make you wonder if they actually believe it themselves anymore or they are just going for broke because they cant turn back now.

Trump, Trump jr and Rudi need to follow their own words and stand back and stand down (instead of stand by)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

gmisk wrote: »
    John Oliver fantastic as usual
    https://youtu.be/cMz_sTgoydQ
    It really shows how ridiculous the voter fraud claims are.

Also Oliver, but on voting machines 2019

John Oliver on exploitable voting machines: 'We must fix this'
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/nov/04/john-oliver-exploitable-voting-machines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It would make you wonder if they actually believe it themselves anymore or they are just going for broke because they cant turn back now.

Trump, Trump jr and Rudi need to follow their own words and stand back and stand down (instead of stand by)

Nah, they're only concerned with destabilising Biden's presidency as much as possible now, and this will continue for the next 4 years. That's the type of people that you're dealing with here. Zero interest in the well-being of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’ve been fascinated by the lack of comment on Trump’s antics by various right wing commentators who live to stick the boot into “lefties”. But I didn’t expect Douglas Murray to be so goddamn brazen when he eventually did write about this fiasco. Plenty of evidence of fraud but Trump hasn’t produced any yet? Mmmkay, Douglas.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/donald-trump-wont-leave-me-alone

0-CAD92-AF-5-A7-F-4-E39-BFCE-286593-E2-A7-A9.jpg?dl=1

EDC67-E92-B3-FB-4-DEB-8013-5-B44-F9-C4-C632.jpg?dl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It is a reasonable assessment and should be levelled at him from all quarters.

She is not wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Inquitus wrote: »
    To be fair the Drug Pricing initiative is one of the better things Trump has done as president!

The thing is about Trump whenever his admin does anything remotely good he claims it's historic and that no other president has ever done anything like it before so even giving him credit for it is difficult because it might sound like you are endorsing the usual Trump bluster.

And then there are those who believe everything he says so genuinely think he is the second coming of Lincoln, Washington and Jesus all rolled into one.

wes wrote: »
    Its becoming clearer and clearer, that those on the right are a threat to democracy.
    They celebrate stupity and ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I’ve been fascinated by the lack of comment on Trump’s antics by various right wing commentators who live to stick the boot into “lefties”. But I didn’t expect Douglas Murray to be so goddamn brazen when he eventually did write about this fiasco. Plenty of evidence of fraud but Trump hasn’t produced any yet? Mmmkay, Douglas.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/donald-trump-wont-leave-me-alone

0-CAD92-AF-5-A7-F-4-E39-BFCE-286593-E2-A7-A9.jpg?dl=1

EDC67-E92-B3-FB-4-DEB-8013-5-B44-F9-C4-C632.jpg?dl=1

I think Sam Harris is the only one of these "Intellectual Dark Web" that has dismissed the voter fraud claims as nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

wes wrote:
    Its becoming clearer and clearer, that those on the right are a threat to democracy.
    Those on the far right and far left are always a threat to democracy. Thankfully there's not enough of them.

wes wrote: »

I don't think it's fair to tar 'those on the right' with the same brush. You can be right of centre and still respect the democratic process above all, just as left of centre people can. Extremism of any hue is more the problem because extremists tend to be uncompromising and prioritise their values above all else. There's no value placed in consensus with these people.

Right-wing extremism, especially in the U.S., has been fuelled by a lot of conspiracy theory. It's not the only factor - we can also talk about economic and social problems which make the ground fertile in the first place - but the conspiracy element appears to be what gives voice to proceedings. This has historical precedent - the rise of the Nazis had a strongly conspiratorial element where the problems of Germany were blamed on the Jews.

But it's a little heartening to see that at least when the current conspiratorial thinking emerges into the cold light of day and actually tries to mount a legal challenge to prove itself, it's shown for what it is, i.e. hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I see Jim Corr is fully on board the fraud train. I'm not surprised by that at all, but it's far and away the most bogus of his pet causes and totally undermines the very minute, little credibility he has.

Jim Corr had credibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I think Sam Harris is the only one of these "Intellectual Dark Web" that has dismissed the voter fraud claims as nonsense.

It’s mad because there was some of these commentators that I did expect more from and I thought Murray would be one of them, perhaps naively. I don’t always disagree with him and sometimes he can be sensible but he has lost a lot of credibility with that article, IMO. He and others have spent four years admonishing lefties for not accepting the result of the 2016 election. Some of the points they made were fair. But Trump and his more devoted supporters are threatening democracy more egregiously and it has ruined their theory completely that lefties are the real totalitarians. So they’re doubling down and whatabouting in an attempt to save face. Very brazen and frankly undignified.

biko wrote: »

John Oliver on exploitable voting machines: 'We must fix this'
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/nov/04/john-oliver-exploitable-voting-machines
    And yet you and the other Trumpists can't come up with any evidence:o

And neither can Trump......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    Those on the far right and far left are always a threat to democracy. Thankfully there's not enough of them.

the only extant threat to democracy in the US is from trump and his far right base. There is no thread to democracy from the far left in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

It’s mad because there was some of these commentators that I did expect more from and I thought Murray would be one of them, perhaps naively. I don’t always disagree with him and sometimes he can be sensible but he has lost a lot of credibility with that article, IMO. He and others have spent four years admonishing lefties for not accepting the result of the 2016 election. Some of the points they made were fair. But Trump and his more devoted supporters are threatening democracy more egregiously and it has ruined their theory completely that lefties are the real totalitarians. So they’re doubling down and whatabouting in an attempt to save face. Very brazen and frankly undignified.

To be honest I think a lot of them are relying on views/revenue from the right and don't want to antagonize their base. Tucker Carlson, Leland Vittert and Kristen Fisher, all from Fox News, have questioned the voter fraud claims and are been hammered on social media by Trump supporters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement