Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    To be honest I think a lot of them are relying on views/revenue from the right and don't want to antagonize their base. Tucker Carlson, Leland Vittert and Kristen Fisher, all from Fox News, have questioned the voter fraud claims and are been hammered on social media by Trump supporters

Aye, indeed. I think some commentators from this side of the pond are trying to make a name for themselves in the US too, the preening Murray being a good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jim Corr had credibility?

Very minute, little credibility, as I said. I was trying to stipulate the faintest amount possible, or right next to it. Normally, Jim Corr trades in the kind of unfalsifiable hogwash that others of his kind do, with 'unfalsifiable' being a kind of shield for conspiracy theorists. It's all really just loose talk being bandied about. The voting fraud conspiracy is maybe not totally unique but certainly uncommon in that it's actually going to court to try to prove itself, and coming up as utterly baseless. So Corr's insistence on the conspiracy in spite of that is a very cut-and-dried exposure of what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

briany wrote: »
    Very minute, little credibility, as I said. I was trying to stipulate the faintest amount possible, or right next to it. Normally, Jim Corr trades in the kind of unfalsifiable hogwash that others of his kind do, with 'unfalsifiable' being a kind of shield for conspiracy theorists. It's all really just loose talk being bandied about. The voting fraud conspiracy is maybe not totally unique but certainly uncommon in that it's actually going to court to try to prove itself, and coming up as utterly baseless. So Corr's insistence on the conspiracy in spite of that is a very cut-and-dried exposure of what he is.

Jim has been a loon for a very long time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    Those on the far right and far left are always a threat to democracy. Thankfully there's not enough of them.

"fine people on both sides"

Yes, I agree. The point was that the court findings underline this. Normally, grand conspiratorial claims such as this are not brought to court, and those promoting such claims probably know deep down that they wouldn't stand up. It just emphasises what a lunatic someone like Corr is to continue on with it even after one such claim of his has been found out under logical, scientific and legally-binding review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

A Michigan voting rights group are suing the Trump campaign citing disenfranchisement of Black voters. Love it. Play them at their own game.

briany wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. The point was that the court findings underline this. Normally, grand conspiratorial claims such as this are not brought to court, and those promoting such claims probably know deep down that they wouldn't stand up. It just emphasises what a lunatic someone like Corr is to continue on with it even after one such claim of his has been found out under logical, scientific and legally-binding review.

Aye, whilst I think Trump and his acolytes are being hugely undignified, on the other hand, I’m okay with these challenges taking place. If they didn’t, conspiracy theories would proliferate. The solid rejection of all the challenges makes the fraud believers look like even bigger loons than they would have without the challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yeah but sometimes he still leaves you breathless.

Yeah but sometimes he still leaves you breathless.

no, it is his sisters that do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

omega man wrote: »
    A Michigan voting rights group are suing the Trump campaign citing disenfranchisement of Black voters. Love it. Play them at their own game.

Terrible lawsuit v terrible lawsuit.

What a great time to be a lawyer in America.

• Advertisement

Aye, whilst I think Trump and his acolytes are being hugely undignified, on the other hand, I’m okay with these challenges taking place. If they didn’t, conspiracy theories would proliferate. The solid rejection of all the challenges makes the fraud believers look like even bigger loons than they would have without the challenges.

If you think that a court finding there is no evidence of election fraud will convince them that they are wrong then you don't know conspiracy theorists.

If you think that a court finding there is no evidence of election fraud will convince them that they are wrong then you don't know conspiracy theorists.

Don't think you're wrong, there, but it always helps to retard the spread of their toxic ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

briany wrote:
    Don't think you're wrong, there, but it always helps to retard the spread of their toxic ideas.
    Just don't give Trump any air time when this is over and all he'll have in a couple of months are the real hardcore followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

surely what trump is trying to do in michigan is highly illegal? pressuring state legislature, meetings in the white house etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

froog wrote: »
    surely what trump is trying to do in michigan is highly illegal? pressuring state legislature, meetings in the white house etc

It's a blatant assault on the democratic process. Won't make a blind bit of difference to the Trump apologists though. We haven't seen an assault on democracy like this since Europe in the 1930s.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's a blatant assault on the democratic process. Won't make a blind bit of difference to the Trump apologists though. We haven't seen an assault on democracy like this since Europe in the 1930s.

Is it any surprise given how donny looks up to the regime in North Korea? Dictators seem themselves as saviors of their country and use it to justify keeping themselves in power by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

yeah ok. lets not overdo it there capt hyperbole. ffs.

I know they won’t change their minds. They’ll just look more ridiculous than they already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When you've lost the wall street journal...

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1330149359435001857?s=19

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

That the case Rudy was arguing?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    That the case Rudy was arguing?

Yes.

And the ruling is brutal!!!

https://twitter.com/rossgarber/status/1330294962597097473?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »

Basically Rudy and co your full of sh1t, sling your hook, but in legalese.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

DubInMeath wrote: »

He's so full of ****, it's leaking out from the side of his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DubInMeath wrote:
    Dismissed with prejudice means it's over and don't dare attempt to bring such a foundless case to this court again.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Dismissed with prejudice means it's over and don't dare attempt to bring such a foundless case to this court again.

As I said, full of sh1t and sling your hook, but in legalese.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Just wanted to share this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EnYeRL8W4AEBrjo?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Democrats have divided American public opinion, trying, at every turn to destroy the Trump presidency for the 4 years he had. Trump will not leave office quietly as he knows democrats will not take the win gracefully and Trump leaving gives the democrat party room to still come after him? Even though that's event unlikely as it will harm the reputation of the office further.. They're people on the democrat side talking about setting up a truth commission like South Africa had, which is ridiculous and only further adds to the political tension here.

The reality forgotten here is near 70 million American preferred Trump. This stat is being overlooked here by democrat supported media channels in their constant battle with Trump. They don't every address why did these people still want Trump to be their president? His the devil according to the democrats! Is Trump challenging the democratic process on his own? Who's enabling him?

Trump i believe can very easily make things scary if he chooses to, plenty of people would follow him into actual real time takeover battle. I not sure Trump has the actual motivation or the elite support to overthrow democracy in America? Trump end game by the January is definitely unknown right now.

We know he's legal team trying to find any evidence, however small, the democrats rigged the election, but the evidence presented so far is not convincing or likely to change the media point of view. There is no doubt there was some election fraud here be realistic, but to overturn this election hundreds of thousands of mail in votes had to be tampered with somewhere in the process? Trump side hasn't provided anything concrete yet to show that. Biden and Harris won the election until we see actual hard evidence disputing their win.

I do see why Trump not willing to go quietly here as he feels the democrats had a witch-hunt for 4 years and he feels he can't now concede gracefully? Sad but true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement