Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

I don't for one second believe or ever thought that guy invented email. You had all lost your minds over my professor typo, I went and changed it to something completely unbelievable. Yet here were are and you think I think he invented email. Fake news hate to break it.

Of course you did. Why else would you post the tweet of someone who you would then instead think has no credibility?

Don't try to lie your way out of it just because you're embarrassed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Right now I think anything is possible, as he says himself never bet against him.

But lots of people bet against him, and already collected their winnings, because he lost and is now a loser.

He lost GA twice already and is going for the hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

DM's antics over the last few pages are fairly indicative of Trump supporters as a whole, even when faced with irrefutable proof of their own lies they refuse to acknowledge them.

For some people there really is no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

robinph wrote: »
    So you made that edit 12 days ago in the hope that it would be brought up now and you could claim to have had some premonition about how the thread would now be going?

that is really playing the long game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Don't think there's any need to keep quoting the poster now, they are not permitted to respond.

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Sometimes I wonder if the real Trump posts here..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

km991148 wrote: »

Not enough CAPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,572 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Trumps camp is trying to defer certification by the looks of things.
    I'm not sure how that can work for him as it's Congress that has to accept any late certifications isn't it?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Not enough CAPS.

SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THE REAL TRUMP POSTS HERE..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

Necro wrote: »
    Mod:

Don't think there's any need to keep quoting the poster now, they are not permitted to respond.

Thanks folks

Great news. The monkey business was absolutely destroying the thread. Thanks Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

It's only just begun.

Any update on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

Any update on that?

Did you not see the Mod's post? It's right above your post. The monkey has been thread banned and won't be answering any more questions posed to him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not sure how that can work for him as it's Congress that has to accept any late certifications isn't it?

I'm not certain which part of the confirmation of the various results it is at (Congress, the EC votes or something else), but saw something that if a state doesn't certify or have their EC votes counted then Trump still loses as the calculations change and the total required becomes less that 270. So Trump basically needs California or New York not to have their votes counted to be in with a chance with the methods he's trying as most other states being excluded would still leave Biden with over 50% of the remaining EC votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

maebee wrote: »
    The monkey has been thread banned and won't be answering any more questions posed to him.

Such a loss to the thread as a whole, sigh, can't convey how gutted I am we won't have to trawl thru his trolling nonsense on a daily, nay hourly basis!

Lol who's posting fake news now.

You as always.

Still standing over your claims that trump doesn't write his tweets for example?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    DM's antics over the last few pages are fairly indicative of Trump supporters as a whole, even when faced with irrefutable proof of their own lies they refuse to acknowledge them.

For some people there really is no hope.

You mean they have a bit of an agricultural odour from them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

eagle eye wrote: »

The "theory" is that if a State fails to certify its results one of two things could happen.

The local leadership - Governor or State Congress would decide the winner themselves and send forward their own slate of Electors. Hence Trumps meeting with the Michigan House and Senate leaders over the week-end. He hopes that the Michigan certification process ends in deadlock , it's 2 GOP and 2 Democrat people on the State certification committee , thereby flipping the decision to the State house controlled by the GOP.

The other scenario is where the State results aren't certified as above , but instead of sending alternative Electors , they just say "we can't decide the winner , so we're going to sit this one out" thereby meaning that neither side gets the votes from that State, potentially preventing either candidate from reaching 270 which is when it would get kicked to Congress to resolve - Senate picking the VP and the House picking the President.

For this to be successful ,Trump would need at least 3 States of the "contested" to do one or other of the above scenarios.

It is HIGHLY unlikely to happen and even if a State legislature were crazy enough to try to pull either of the above strokes the general legal consensus is that it would get over-turned immediately in court because as with all the cases thus far , there isn't any real evidence to support making those decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Has any reputable publication charted a path for any of these cases to end up at least being considered for consideration by the SCOTUS?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

km991148 wrote: »

Equally so of those that don't like Trump. Weeks on from an election, that is over and people still talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,030 ✭✭✭✭briany

Inquitus wrote: »
    Has any reputable publication charted a path for any of these cases to end up at least being considered for consideration by the SCOTUS?

The only thing that bringing any of these cases in front of the SCOTUS would achieve is to try and give an air of legitimacy to the hot air that Trump's legal team is spewing, i.e. that here is this case in front of the very highest court in the land, so it must mean something.

Whether it even can get to the Supreme Court I don't know, but the judges who Trump appointed would want to be loyalists to him to a degree unseen in modern U.S. history to actually turn around and find some merit in cases which have had lower court judges waving the cases off and saying, "getthef*ckouttamyface...", basically.

• Advertisement

Equally so of those that don't like Trump. Weeks on from an election, that is over and people still talking about it.

It is not over until midday on Jan 20th.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It is not over until midday on Jan 20th.

Is it not over on December 14th when the Electoral College vote?

I know Trump will continue to whinge on , but surely all legal avenues are done and dusted at that point?

Once the EC have voted I don't think there is a pathway to overturn that vote.

Although , as we are discovering it's probably just precedent and good manners protecting it and not actual laws!

ye - fair enough - tbh - I personally gave up caring so much - I will happily post a throwaway comment for the likes tho - It's not only trump that has a fragile ego :pac:

There is nothing to be done at this stage. The current situation sucks. It really is screwing over anyone who is suffering (COVID etc), but I don't see it changing anytime before Jan.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I know Trump will continue to whinge on , but surely all legal avenues are done and dusted at that point?

Although , as we are discovering it's probably just precedent and good manners protecting it and not actual laws!

In the normal course of events it would be over already. this is not an ordinary course of events.

In the normal course of events it would be over already. this is not an ordinary course of events.

Oh totally agree , just wondering if there are actual opportunities to continue to litigate the result after the EC has voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Man will be still be posting on Twitter 2 years from now, how he actually won and it was stolen from him!

drogon. wrote: »
    Man will be still be posting on Twitter 2 years from now, how he actually won and it was stolen from him!

Probably won't be on Twitter though , they will kick him to the kerb fairly quickly after January 20th.

Probably Parler or whatever "Free-speech" platform is out there after Parler inevitably either fails or introduces rules around posting after they get sued a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Oh totally agree , just wondering if there are actual opportunities to continue to litigate the result after the EC has voted.

Republicans can object to the actual counting of the EC votes in January which is usually a formality. Where the vote is certified and one slate of electors is approved there should be no issue. But they could in theory drag out the counting process indefinitely to frustrate the final approval of Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

maebee wrote: »
    Did you not see the Mod's post? It's right above your post. The monkey has been thread banned and won't be answering any more questions posed to him.

Ahhh, nó i missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Republicans can object to the actual counting of the EC votes in January which is usually a formality. Where the vote is certified and one slate of electors is approved there should be no issue. But they could in theory drag out the counting process indefinitely to frustrate the final approval of Biden.

Doesn't matter if the EC still hasn't been calculated for whatever reason they might find to ratfvck the situation, by January 20th there must be a new presidential administration and next in line hilariously is Nancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement