Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He's going to continue the fight.

Fight as in keep sending gaslighting marketing emails to his supporters to squeeze another few dollars off them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

everlast75 wrote: »

Someone else took the phone off him and wrote that out. Nobody got insulted, nobody got shouted at and it barely even mentions that he's still contesting the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

For the only time in my life this will ever be true, I suddenly wish I had a Parler account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

robinph wrote: »
    Someone else took the phone off him and wrote that out. Nobody got insulted, nobody got shouted at and it barely even mentions that he's still contesting the election.

True, if he had the phone, she'd be sacked already. :pac:

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He's going to continue the fight.

Fight as in keep sending gaslighting marketing emails to his supporters to squeeze another few dollars off them.

This is it really. A long con. Keep up the illusion of a fight do he can continue selling his snake oil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

the donald is in complete meltdown if anyone wants a good laugh. it's all hate threads about republicans who didn't help trump steal the election and very confused qanon people who think trump conceding is more 4D chess.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,809 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Biden is appointing old age pensioners, wtf. Not a good look for change that's for sure.

If Trump can managed to get it it the Supreme Court it will be interesting what happens. He is clearly talking behind closed doors to his hand picked judges he appointed.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Biden is appointing old age pensioners, wtf. Not a good look for change that's for sure.

If Trump can managed to get it it the Supreme Court it will be interesting what happens. He is clearly talking behind closed doors to his hand picked judges he appointed.

He'll neither get to the Supreme Court nor will it be interesting.

He has NOTHING - He lost and he now knows he lost.

Once Michigan certified the results the pretense of the scam was over and he knows it.

He'll keep fumbling around the back of every ones couches for another few weeks to hoover up as much cash as he can from this scam before he launches his next one.

.....Trump 2024!!!

So that he can scam the same people out of even more money.

Like everything Trump has ever done in his entire life he starts out with a big bang and a flash and then flitters away with a whimper.

The only thing he's ever actually been any good at is pretending to be a successful business man on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He'll neither get to the Supreme Court nor will it be interesting.

He has NOTHING - He lost and he now knows he lost.

Once Michigan certified the results the pretense of the scam was over and he knows it.

He'll keep fumbling around the back of every ones couches for another few weeks to hoover up as much cash as he can from this scam before he launches his next one.

.....Trump 2024!!!

So that he can scam the same people out of even more money.

Like everything Trump has ever done in his entire life he starts out with a big bang and a flash and then flitters away with a whimper.

The only thing he's ever actually been any good at is pretending to be a successful business man on TV.

He seems to be happy about getting thrown out of the smaller courts.

'' thank God for fast decisions, they could of played the clock down''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

What was he expected to say? "Our case was bullsh1t so that's why we lost". It's all about keeping the illusion going that this is all going the way he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

you seem a little confused and lost.

You do realise that all those justices, would be telling him to go f. himself. They don't need him anymore, they have tenure and he can't touch them and will be around for many years after we've all blocked his memory out of our consiousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

You just know that is spin too. I guess Murphy finally couldn't hold out any longer, grew a pair and told Trump.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You just know that is spin too. I guess Murphy finally couldn't hold out any longer, grew a pair and told Trump.

The Michigan certification removed her last excuse, hence the announcement.

She has said that she was adhering to precedents set in 2000 for not beginning the transition.

Once Michigan certified , Trump doesn't have enough contested States left tp get past 270 , so she had no choice.

There were reports earlier that a good number of gop donor CEOs have made it quietly known that the stalled transition is not in their - or their pocketbooks' - interest. Between that and the Q Anon mess breaking out in Georgia I think McConnell or someone with an eye on the big picture intervened.

There were reports earlier that a good number of gop donor CEOs have made it quietly known that the stalled transition is not in their - or their pocketbooks' - interest. Between that and the Q Anon mess breaking out in Georgia I think McConnell or someone with an eye on the big picture intervened.

Makes sense.

I always imagine that somebody like McConnell must really despise Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

We have potential problems on the horizon now

https://amp.independent.ie/business/irish/irish-corporate-tax-take-could-be-negatively-affected-by-a-biden-presidency-39777128.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,027 ✭✭✭✭briany

drunk monkey right now

EcstaticShockingHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, Pascalie wascalie.....

I'm sure that wasn't a private event where he was being paid to make a speech to suit someones agenda.

So, out of morbid fascination I dipped a toe in the crackpot corner of Twitter to see how they're taking today's developments, and it's as disturbing as it might be amusing under other circumstances.

There's a genuine emotional investment in all this Q stuff from these folks I find quite upsetting. They all seem so completely reliant on it as a kind of "community" substitute and it makes me wonder how many people in their real lives they've alienated in the process of sinking all the way into it.

But the doomsday cult thing of always moving the big day back is starting to feel really strained, even to them, after the Sidney Powell stuff. I don't think I really grasped just how entirely, unshakeably confident they were in "the Plan" to that point, and now aren't. It's all a bit weird and subdued after the GSA letter, and they're asking each other to come up with fanfiction about how it's secretly a positive next step for them. Others are snapping at each other for "losing faith" and talking big about how this is where the fake Trump followers will be exposed blah blah blah.

It just feels a bit brittle. Doesn't really feel like they can keep it going much longer even for their own benefit, and it's hard not to wonder what kind of effect it'll have on folks like this when they actually see Biden in the WH and there’s no more playing Let's Pretend. I don't think they'll suddenly quietly come back to Earth - I think a lot of them are beyond that point - but psychologically that's got to be a fairly major injury to the whole identity you've walled yourself into?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

You actually feel sad for a second for the deluded, but then realise some won’t get to reality anytime soon

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1331052500355600391?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

So, out of morbid fascination I dipped a toe in the crackpot corner of Twitter to see how they're taking today's developments, and it's as disturbing as it might be amusing under other circumstances.

There's a genuine emotional investment in all this Q stuff from these folks I find quite upsetting. They all seem so completely reliant on it as a kind of "community" substitute and it makes me wonder how many people in their real lives they've alienated in the process of sinking all the way into it.

But the doomsday cult thing of always moving the big day back is starting to feel really strained, even to them, after the Sidney Powell stuff. I don't think I really grasped just how entirely, unshakeably confident they were in "the Plan" to that point, and now aren't. It's all a bit weird and subdued after the GSA letter, and they're asking each other to come up with fanfiction about how it's secretly a positive next step for them. Others are snapping at each other for "losing faith" and talking big about how this is where the fake Trump followers will be exposed blah blah blah.

It just feels a bit brittle. Doesn't really feel like they can keep it going much longer even for their own benefit, and it's hard not to wonder what kind of effect it'll have on folks like this when they actually see Biden in the WH and there’s no more playing Let's Pretend. I don't think they'll suddenly quietly come back to Earth - I think a lot of them are beyond that point - but psychologically that's got to be a fairly major injury to the whole identity you've walled yourself into?

The Donald.win is still as confident as ever. Granted they see admitting the possibility of defeat as being as bad as being a democrat (or a f******, they are big into their homophobia which I guess is unsurprising).

I feel like a lot of papers could be written on the dillusions on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

EnjEbdYXMAAY46p?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

drogon. wrote: »
    You actually feel sad for a second for the deluded, but then realise some won’t get to reality anytime soon

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1331052500355600391?s=21

Grifters gotta grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Excellent post!
    These people have invested so heavily that they'll need to be debriefed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Excellent post!
    These people have invested so heavily that they'll need to be debriefed

Deprogrammed tbf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement