Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

duploelabs wrote: »
    Deprogrammed tbf

something like this

a-clockwork-orange-a-clockwork-orange-14752407-965-577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

22 hours since a drunkenmonkey post on this thread, I wonder has he too finally conceded :pac::pac:

22 hours since a drunkenmonkey post on this thread, I wonder has he too finally conceded :pac::pac:

they were threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So, out of morbid fascination I dipped a toe in the crackpot corner of Twitter to see how they're taking today's developments, and it's as disturbing as it might be amusing under other circumstances.

There's a genuine emotional investment in all this Q stuff from these folks I find quite upsetting. They all seem so completely reliant on it as a kind of "community" substitute and it makes me wonder how many people in their real lives they've alienated in the process of sinking all the way into it.

But the doomsday cult thing of always moving the big day back is starting to feel really strained, even to them, after the Sidney Powell stuff. I don't think I really grasped just how entirely, unshakeably confident they were in "the Plan" to that point, and now aren't. It's all a bit weird and subdued after the GSA letter, and they're asking each other to come up with fanfiction about how it's secretly a positive next step for them. Others are snapping at each other for "losing faith" and talking big about how this is where the fake Trump followers will be exposed blah blah blah.

It just feels a bit brittle. Doesn't really feel like they can keep it going much longer even for their own benefit, and it's hard not to wonder what kind of effect it'll have on folks like this when they actually see Biden in the WH and there’s no more playing Let's Pretend. I don't think they'll suddenly quietly come back to Earth - I think a lot of them are beyond that point - but psychologically that's got to be a fairly major injury to the whole identity you've walled yourself into?

The Reply All podcast did a really good episode recently about Qanon, focusing on where it started, whose likely behind it, their goals for it and most importantly how it became so entrenched in a specific subset of people.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhe5nm/166-country-of-liars

Even if youve read and listened to a lot about the madness of Q already, regrettably like myself, id recommend it as it digs into stuff i hadn't been aware of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It just feels a bit brittle. Doesn't really feel like they can keep it going much longer even for their own benefit, and it's hard not to wonder what kind of effect it'll have on folks like this when they actually see Biden in the WH and there’s no more playing Let's Pretend. I don't think they'll suddenly quietly come back to Earth - I think a lot of them are beyond that point - but psychologically that's got to be a fairly major injury to the whole identity you've walled yourself into?
    I happen to have been reading this in the last week or so;
    https://www.thecut.com/2015/10/what-happens-when-the-world-doesnt-end.html

It's the same kind of idea; what happens to Doomsday cult members when things don't come to pass as they were so certain they would.

I expect in the case of QAnon stuff, they'll probably fracture into two. People who put more stock in prophesy and "meant to be", will probably rewrite the narrative so that it doesn't matter when Trump succeeds, they'll just maintain their surity that he will and will recede further into the insane shadows as Trump get silenced on more and more mainstream platforms.

Others, who are merely more confident/hopeful that it must work out - like our local inebriated ape - will probably just kind of slink away from it all, disappointed, but quickly bouncing back as they lie to themselves and say they weren't all that invested in it and they always had doubts. They just thought Trump was a better man than Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see calls for Trump to pardon Assange and Snowden . I hope he does

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's funny, I was literally just looking for an Irish bookseller for When Prophecy Fails, the book they mention there, it seems to be the big iconic work in the field. Just passed this tweet -

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnnynuke/status/1330995663333715971

"What else is there" seems to be an increasingly common sentiment, which is just very sad to think about. They have the self awareness to understand it's not what they expected, but take that to mean they're too deeply committed to turn back now rather than "Huh, guess I shouldn't sink any more of my life into this"

They're never going to come back from where they've gone. You'll never get them to understand they just hurled themselves into a word game of gibberish. The most you'll ever get out of them, maybe, is is "Biden got away with (gibberish)".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

silverharp wrote: »

Snowden definitely. However Trump has previously called for the death penalty for Chelsea Manning so it seems unlikely. Assange is less about informing the people though is the more likely to get a pardon from Trump given how much he helped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Assange, maybe.

Snowden, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

they were threadbanned
    In that case...

22 hours since a random new/dormant account post on this thread, I wonder has he too finally conceded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Snowden, would be great. Reality Winner too. Assange... I'm a lot more dubious of, so naturally I'd say he'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

In that case...

22 hours since a random new/dormant account post on this thread, I wonder has he too finally conceded.

Called back to base to hang up the keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump's main concern is now to make life as difficult for the incoming administration as possible. Besides that, he may try and do some stuff or try and take some credit for stuff that he can build a 2024 platform on. I'm thinking he'll be trying to lean heavy on the vaccine thing. Pardoning the likes of Snowden and Assange will be down the list of priorities. Himself and Steve Bannon would be first in line for pardons.

Snowden, would be great. Reality Winner too. Assange... I'm a lot more dubious of, so naturally I'd say he'll get it.

I cant see him pardoning any of those people, especially reality winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

They're never going to come back from where they've gone. You'll never get them to understand they just hurled themselves into a word game of gibberish. The most you'll ever get out of them, maybe, is is "Biden got away with (gibberish)".

They can't, they have invested so much in the conspiracy lunacy that to back out now woud be an adminssion that they were a) totally conned and b) conned because they weren't smart enough to see through the con.

David Aaronovitch's Voodoo Histories is a great read about conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Does Trump realise that Quaid is reading one of Trump's tweets. He is taking the p out of him and he doesn't even realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

Aw, I miss Randy Quaid. He was brilliant in Kingpin. Now, it seems as though he has turned into Cousin Eddie.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Does Trump realise that Quaid is reading one of Trump's tweets. He is taking the p out of him and he doesn't even realise it.

are you sure he is taking the piss? Randy went off the deep end quite a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Hello boys! I'm baaack!

Last time I heard about him he got arrested or released a sextape(eww).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

are you sure he is taking the piss? Randy went off the deep end quite a while ago.
    Judging by his Twitter page he's completely pro Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He isn't joking, his wife is absolutely batshít too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This seems to be the odds for the control of the Senate after the Jan runoff! Seems the Democrats have a decent enough chance of taking control, really depends on how the Republicans act and vote and what Trump and his supporters do and don't do in light of what has just happened!

VPKekJn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

Excellent post!
    These people have invested so heavily that they'll need to be debriefed

It's akin to a ponzi scheme imploding. People are so invested in it that they will latch onto any shred of legitimate sounding excuses from the local dopes "representing" the schemers, the same one's who gave the initial product presentation which duped them (e.g. Don't worry, the money is pooled in a term deposit account in Nicaragua/there is a server in Germany en route back to the US). It helps them continue believing in the "product". The product itself was merely a hollow one and a money making grift by those at the top. The desperation in such people is sad and tangible yet ultimately there will be that stomach churning realisation that they won't be getting their money back. The more gullible will have "invested" thousands in the scheme and they are likely to be the one's who spend years ahead collectively seeking remuneration (which will never come) instead of accepting they were silly to get taken in by the con initially, that they didn't do their homework and chalk it up as an expensive learning lesson in being so utterly gullible.

Some guy on tv said it, must be true!

Why is sky news australia so partisan? And why are they so invested in us politics?

Don't they have some shrimp to bbq?

Murdoch still owns them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Some guy on tv said it, must be true!

Why is sky news australia so partisan? And why are they so invested in us politics?

Don't they have some shrimp to bbq?

It's shrimp to BARBIE! Strewth, ya dingo!

Murdoch still owns them.

I presume one them is the Aussie Littlejohn. You couldn't make it up, you flaming galah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

well that was a waste of 4 minutes. "Voter fraud denialism : The lefts game". "There was clearly voter fraud".

Another "new" low post account

francois wrote: »
    Another "new" low post account

Strewth, you can't handle the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Former NZ Prime minister, Piggy Muldoon said about kiwis emigrating to Australia; it raises the average IQ in both countries. He wasn't wrong. Australia is the Alabama of the south Pacific.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement