Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

What were his ratings like prior to the pandemic hitting? I always thought if the economy is doing well, chances are you'll get that second term. Maybe not applicable to Trump, though.

Yeah he always had the economy to ride on, if it wasn't for the pandemic he would have easily won. It is crazy how many people that have no stock or any benefits from the current stock market high, yet they claim this being one of his achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Lol that was about as tragic a press conference you can get. He is absolutely reeling that he lost and he is desperate to try and create a legacy. He is in bits.

Before it all I thought I wanted to see Biden win by a complete washout but this has been epic. Trump has really put the rubber stamp on the complete shambles of his presidency. Embarrassed daily in courts all over the country by even Republican judges. Super serial squad solicitors holding pressers outside sex shops. His knight in shining armor leaking oil.

Just glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Do you have any idea how much Trump won by?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Do you have any idea how much Trump won by?

Yes. A non positive number. A massively non positive number.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It is clearly really bugging him that this pandemic robbed him of a second term.

It robbed him of nothing. If anything it could have won him a 2nd term. He went for the conspiracy angle from the start, despite knowing the grim reality of it and how serious it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

It robbed him of nothing. If anything it could have won him a 2nd term. He went for the conspiracy angle from the start, despite knowing the grim reality of it and how serious it is.

Yes, it was his cack-handed handling of the pandemic which was the most injurious thing to his chances of re-election. He tried to blame it all on China, but this doesn't really stand up because it's a bit like saying that you wouldn't have been in a car accident if the driver in front hadn't braked so suddenly. You have to accept your own part of the fault of not giving enough room to allow for that, and Trump never fully accepted his own part in not overseeing a cogent response to the pandemic. A man so openly divisive during a time of need like that is not a man fit to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Yes, if he had followed up sealing the borders with lockdowns like Australia had, he'd be president now.

Or even sealed the borders and ineffectively faffed about like Coumo did, he'd be president now.

He really f'd up the pandemic which actually if treated spun like a war would have as you said secured victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,806 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

A number of them are just attention seekers, like John Lydon.

Yup, Lydon still straining to be shocking in his dotage, bless him. :)

everlast75 wrote: »

Doesn't pay to call some people losers and blame their families for giving you covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,806 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Happy 3 year anniversary to this tweet....

https://twitter.com/feministabulous/status/933704661021937664?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I finally got paid on Biden. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

everlast75 wrote: »

The Guardian headline "Lame Duck pardons turkey"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He made a balls of it.

What could have been a Churchill moment for him, turning a crisis into a galvanising and unifying force whereby he could encourage everyone to do their bit in the face of adversity and bring everyone together, turned into a Hitler one instead, with him bunkering down, spouting falsehoods and refusing to face the reality of the situation.

Covid could have be his "falklands" if he'd played his cards right. But instead he chose to talk bollocks instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Lol that was about as tragic a press conference you can get. He is absolutely reeling that he lost and he is desperate to try and create a legacy. He is in bits.

Before it all I thought I wanted to see Biden win by a complete washout but this has been epic. Trump has really put the rubber stamp on the complete shambles of his presidency. Embarrassed daily in courts all over the country by even Republican judges. Super serial squad solicitors holding pressers outside sex shops. His knight in shining armor leaking oil.

Just glorious.

Don't be too harsh for the guy.... specially now he is getting you pardoned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anyone seen KidChameleon lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Or outlaw pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

duploelabs wrote: »
    Or outlaw pete

Or Rigilo(sp?)

How are the mainstream right wingers handling Trump losing?

Charlie Kirk seems deluded....even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tony EH wrote: »
    He made a balls of it.

What could have been a Churchill moment for him, turning a crisis into a galvanising and unifying force whereby he could encourage everyone to do their bit in the face of adversity and bring everyone together, turned into a Hitler one instead, with him bunkering down, spouting falsehoods and refusing to face the reality of the situation.

Covid could have be his "falklands" if he'd played his cards right. But instead he chose to talk bollocks instead.

I don't think this point is made enough; despite being an absolutely odious individual who's done a lot of real dodgy **** and who genuinely couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery; in addition to being around some really scummy people; I reckon if he had of just treated this thing seriously he would won this race handily.

Isn't that a chameleons whole gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Constant salty tears, they probably can't see the screen through them to post anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Constant salty tears, they probably can't see the screen through them to post anymore.

This is the type of stuff where you're just being as bad as the other side. Rise above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Or Rigilo(sp?)

How are the mainstream right wingers handling Trump losing?

Charlie Kirk seems deluded....even more so.

I'm sure they're all over on parler, or will pop in a while after being "very busy" in real life :) At least one of them is still Walter Mittying things over on the shares threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

I miss Sweet Science....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

He is definitely lurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Newsmax calls Joe Biden winner in Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania - based on certifications

Trump supporters already calling for a boycott of their newest favourite news channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This is the type of stuff where you're just being as bad as the other side. Rise above it.

After four years of seeing them post it i think we are allowed a low dig back now and then. And seeing as they have all mysteriously disappeared sure whats the harm? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

After four years of seeing them post it i think we are allowed a low dig back now and then. And seeing as they have all mysteriously disappeared sure whats the harm? ;)

I give a poster like kid chameleon his due in that he didn’t constantly change his name and admitted quite often when he made mistakes. The ones who kept re regging and the laughable one who pretended to be a democrat then slowly came round to be a trump supporter or the same poster who just pretended to be a Biden supporter and when he was outed posted MAGA 2020 I’ll be back in November to gloat, now they are deserving of any digs they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

Newsmax calls Joe Biden winner in Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania - based on certifications

Trump supporters already calling for a boycott of their newest favourite news channel.

At what point do they stop believing this is all part of the plan and Donald didn't plan to lose all these lower court cases and lose the vote?

I mean they will never believe the election was legitimate. That seems obvious but when do they stop thinking it is 4 more years? I mean surely after a year or 2 of Biden they will see he has lost whether or not they believe it legitimate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Biden has now gone way over 80 million in the popular vote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

salmocab wrote: »
    I give a poster like kid chameleon his due in that he didn’t constantly change his name and admitted quite often when he made mistakes. The ones who kept re regging and the laughable one who pretended to be a democrat then slowly came round to be a trump supporter or the same poster who just pretended to be a Biden supporter and when he was outed posted MAGA 2020 I’ll be back in November to gloat, now they are deserving of any digs they get.

It wouldn't do it for me. It's football team supporter politics. Why bother lowering yourself to their level?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement