Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭threeball

2021 is going to be weird (in a nice way) having an older gentle quietly spoken Gentleman in the Whitehouse.

No more finger pointing, no more crazy rants, no more accusations of fake news, indeed in some ways it will be an anticlimax after the last four years of being on the Trump rollercoaster. I just hope President Biden goes the distance, such is his age (he'll be straddling 80 mid-term)!

I know Trump was crackers, but he was box office crackers, all mouth and no trousers, and the US did not get involved in any new wars under his presidency, this even though he seemed like the most aggressive and assertive President I can ever remember in the last five decades......

Looking forward to a quiet "normal" four years of Mr Biden gently and purposefully steering the USA through the next term.

I guess Putin will miss being able to bounce off another silverback "Alpha Male" leaving him alone to strut the world stage as the Big Man.

Putin doesn't see Trump as an Alpha male or his equal. Trump is Putins useful idiot and no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I don't know much about the "Detroit Free Press" but I have not seen this reported in any of the larger media outlets... From a quick check they seem legit anyhow.

Its no biggie really, just thought it would be interesting to some here... Antrim County, Michigan mistakenly gave Biden 3000 extra votes. The error has been corrected.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/06/antrim-county-results-election-2020/6185031002/

"The county is reporting Republican President Donald Trump beat Democrat Joe Biden by about 2,500 votes, with Trump receiving 56% of the slightly more than 17,000 votes cast for president and Biden receiving 42%."

"Political observers had expressed shock early Wednesday when the county transferred numbers to the state showing Biden beating Trump by about 3,000 votes."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It's funny how we automatically think now of the presidential office as a joke, due to Trump, when it's literally the most powerful job in the world.

Hopefully Joe will bring some respect back to the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    That's a very optimistic take on things. I think it's going to take a lot more than a normal politician being in office to stem the tide of polarisation and breakdown of meaningful discourse on both sides of the political divide in the U.S. (and increasingly, across the world).

There has got to be some really strong action to reach out to those that went all in on Trump. A lot if voters voted him because well, republican- but a lot never. I imagine they really believed he represented something that was missing in politics. He was there for the little guy, the alienated or forgotten or those that maybe felt left behind. This phenomenon needs to be understood. Can't continue down the path of two sides screaming

'you are wrong/stupid because of xxx'

(And I mean both sides, because all those calling Trump names have a point too)

This is going to take a lot of hard work (and in a pandemic too..)

What I think will actually happen. Biden will come in for a quiet single term, a sort of a palate cleanser, before the crazy starts again in 22 or 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

I don't know much about the "Detroit Free Press" but I have not seen this reported in any of the larger media outlets... From a quick check they seem legit anyhow.

Its no biggie really, just thought it would be interesting to some here... Antrim County, Michigan mistakenly gave Biden 3000 extra votes. The error has been corrected.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/06/antrim-county-results-election-2020/6185031002/

"The county is reporting Republican President Donald Trump beat Democrat Joe Biden by about 2,500 votes, with Trump receiving 56% of the slightly more than 17,000 votes cast for president and Biden receiving 42%."

"Political observers had expressed shock early Wednesday when the county transferred numbers to the state showing Biden beating Trump by about 3,000 votes."

We’ve been through this “news” before on these threads. It was noticed and rectified straight away.
    It doesn’t make it “breaking news” - no matter how often it gets posted on here.
    Or is it still doing the rounds on the Trump propaganda news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Is trump still going to win?

threeball wrote: »
    Putin doesn't see Trump as an Alpha male or his equal. Trump is Putins useful idiot and no more.

Lol, I didn't read that to the end.

A silverback alpha male.. wtf :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭francois

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    That's a very optimistic take on things. I think it's going to take a lot more than a normal politician being in office to stem the tide of polarisation and breakdown of meaningful discourse on both sides of the political divide in the U.S. (and increasingly, across the world).

I have to agree, more partisan gridlock from Moscow Mitch and the Q touting Republicans, meanwhile 1000's more dying of covid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Some Trump supporters just aren’t grasping the fact that he effectively stopped republicans using mail in ballots and that state legislatures (including republicans states) enforced mail in ballot counting post Election Day counting. They’re not “miraculously adding Biden ballots over night”!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

km991148 wrote: »
    Lol, I didn't read that to the end.

A silverback alpha male.. wtf :pac:

... how Trump sees himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

threeball wrote: »

I think you can probably drop the 'useful' part given the election results so far.

omega man wrote: »
    Some Trump supporters just aren’t grasping the fact that he effectively stopped republicans using mail in ballots and that state legislatures (including republicans states) enforced mail in ballot counting post Election Day counting. They’re not “miraculously adding Biden ballots over night”!

While at the same time calling it dodgy shenanigans.. in the face of this dodgy practice.

If Trump put as much effort into being a leader as he did into concocting these elaborate schemes (i.e. putting the groundwork in for this narrative of fraud, stoping the postal vote etc), then he wouldn't be in this mess and would probably be looking forward to another 4 more years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

joe40 wrote: »
    That's amazing, I thought the military vote would have went Republican. Trump messed up there.

Eh no, it makes sense. Trump has said some awful things in the last year about people in the military, whether it's those that died or were taken prisoner. A lot of soldiers would have lost friends or family in this way, and as much as those guys are known for being gun toting republicans, it's important to never underestimate just how serious those guys take their army and brotherhood.

... how Trump sees himself.

I've spent too much time on American politics recently.. hard to tell the reality, it's making the psychosis and delusions as real as Trumps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Eh no, it makes sense. Trump has said some awful things in the last year about people in the military, whether it's those that died or were taken prisoner. A lot of soldiers would have lost friends or family in this way, and as much as those guys are known for being gun toting republicans, it's important to never underestimate just how serious those guys take their army and brotherhood.

This is a perfect example of Trump's dumbass mouth. There's no forethought or consideration in play. It's just endless yap, rattled off from his gob as soon as it enters his brain.

Inane gibberish thrown about with abandon, just cos he needs to be saying something, anything, all of the time.

It's partly why he was such a dangerous figure to have in that position.

Is trump still going to win?

Counting is ongoing, there is no way he will lose to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Do you genuinely belive that?

Honestly?

Cos there is nothing I'm seeing here to convince me of anything other than a significant Biden victory.

Tony EH wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of Trump's dumbass mouth. There's no forethought or consideration in play. It's just endless yap, rattled off from his gob as soon as it enters his brain.

Inane gibberish thrown about with abandon, just cos he needs to be saying something, anything, all of the time.

It's partly why he was such a dangerous figure to have in that position.

For sure.

Someone refered to him as decicive earlier.. what a joke, he could ramble on for half an hour of verbal diarrhoea and provide there different answers.

That's why people believe him.. he gives them what they want to hear, wrapped up in enough fud and word salad to also give him an out.

But he will cause all sorts of collateral damage in the process (in this case the military).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Still not willing to accept reality I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

No way? Can you explain this, he IS losing at the moment, some states are getting close to the point of no return.. Will there be a sudden rush of votes for Donnie..

That would be suspicious, wouldn't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

You're joking or bring sarcastic, right.

TRUMP is obviously beaten, and beaten by a very big margin which is getting bigger by the hour.

Joe Biden IS the President in waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Kid, I love your conviction for your candidate. But when people in the presidents own circle are again coming down with Covid and the party are distancing themselves from his comments the past couple days and reports coming out of the WH are saying that they are trying to break all this too him as best they can, you have to figure that the writing is on the wall. He's been his own worst enemy in this. He started pushing this narrative of the vote being stolen from him months ago. And that has had people laser focused on it. An outlying case or two have popped up so far and have been dealt with. It's really getting a bit sad overall.

KEY RACE ALERT
    Yeah no.

https://ftx.com/en/trade/TRUMP

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/politics/event/28009878/multi-market?marketIds=1.128151441

It seems like quite a lonely position to take.

I mean it is technically possible I guess.. but I think you should start preparing for the possibility of disappointment..

If there is "no way" he is going to lose, I assume you have a large bet on? Why waste the potential to increase your savings six fold?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,242 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Charity bet?

DrumSteve wrote: »

Honestly?

Cos there is nothing I'm seeing here to convince me of anything other than a significant Biden victory.

This poster pushed Biden having dementia for months.
    Said Joe wouldn’t turn up to the debates.
    And still thinks Trump will win.

It’s over.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Honestly?

I do indeed, my feelings on the matter have not changed for well over a year. Also, I am not part of the voter fraud brigade, as far as I can see, everything has been transparent (although I was a little concerned a few weeks ago about reports coming out of Minnesota). The counting is ongoing, I find it strange that so many people are declaring victory when not 72 hours ago they were harshly critical of President Trump for alluding to victory in a Tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,242 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I find it strange that so many people are declaring victory when not 72 hours ago they were harshly critical of President Trump for [I]alluding[/I] to victory in a Tweet.

Nope. He declared live on television he won it.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1323892402822746117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1323892402822746117%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconversation.com%2Fdonald-trump-takes-leaf-out-of-autocrat-playbook-by-falsely-declaring-victory-before-all-votes-counted-149472

Try harder.

Charity bet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Still not willing to accept reality I see.

After what happened 4 years ago, Trumpists believe anything is possible.

The main stream networks are still in shock from what happened 4 years ago and are still slower than normal to call states.

Anyway.. senate looks good. And will only get stronger in Georgia elections next year.

attachment.php?attachmentid=532054&d=1604741827

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement