Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

Putting smilies at the end of your posts does nothing to add to your credibility

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Reading that, it looks like a nothingburger.

They will still claim it as a win

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They will still claim it as a win

when you have been losing as much as they have a temporary delay is a massive win. By way of analogy it is like a guy getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts declaring a punch in the face as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What do you think this will mean? What result are you expecting from it that has you so excited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

“to the extent that there remains any further action to perfect the certification of the results of the 2020 General Election.”
    Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar certified President-elect Joe Biden’s 80,555-vote Pennsylvania victory yesterday, and Governor Tom Wolf appointed electors for the state.
    “This order does not impact yesterday’s appointment of electors,” Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, also a Democrat, said in an earlier statement.

Doesn't seem like a lot has actually been achieved. The state election is certified, the EC electors have been appointed and with them the votes for the EC.

Seems nothing more than the minimum 'stay' type ruling. Just wait a few days before doing anything else just to give the plaintiffs a bit more time. It makes no judgment on the evidence or the likelihood of any success.

However, given that many of their cases have been thrown out in short order, I suppose not being instantly thrown out is a victory of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Fox news's legal guy Andy McCarthy just explained well there the farce going on in gettysburg with Rudy Guiliani
    Class tv
    Hes meeting the states Republican lawmakers and Trump addressed them by phone saying the usual, massive fraud, I won etc etc

Fox's legal guy says that the pennsylvania judge will eventually throw out the latest challenge and also said the pennsylvania certification was finished yesterday
    It cannot by law be undone and cannot be over ruled by the state legislature either

Little wonder Trump has moved to OAN for his news

when you have been losing as much as they have a temporary delay is a massive win. By way of analogy it is like a guy getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts declaring a punch in the face as a win.

True cling on to anything. It will be sweet when Friday comes and then get disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

He spoke by phone
    One of the lawyers held it up on speaker to a microphone

• Advertisement

True cling on to anything. It will be sweet when Friday comes and then get disappointed

It is also needs to be noted that this case is specific to PA. Nothing decided in this case will have an effect on any other state. so even an actual win here will have no effect on the outcome of the election.

Nobotty wrote: »
    He spoke by phone
    One of the lawyers held it up on speaker to a microphone

Ah right, I'm just catching up on todays circus, sad I missed the clown show.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Fox news's legal guy Andy McCarthy just explained well there the farce going on in gettysburg with Rudy Guiliani
    Class tv
    Hes meeting the states Republican lawmakers and Trump addressed them by phone saying the usual, massive fraud, I won etc etc

Fox's legal guy says that the pennsylvania judge will eventually throw out the latest challenge and also said the pennsylvania certification was finished yesterday
    It cannot by law be undone and cannot be over ruled by the state legislature either

Little wonder Trump has moved to OAN for his news

I mean when even Fox News is not trying to spinning it positive you know something is not happening. I have a bet that Trump will quit before his term is up to get a retrospective pardon

How many times does it need to be pointed out that PA have already certified the presidential election?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I mean when even Fox News is not trying to spinning it positive you know something is not happening. I have a bet that Trump will quit before his term is up to get a retrospective pardon

In order to be pardoned he needs to be charged with / have confessed to crimes.

In order to be pardoned he needs to be charged with / have confessed to crimes.

he doesn't. Pence could issue a blanket pardon for any and all federal crimes committed while president.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

I just thought it was newsworthy mentioning breaking news, given the title of the thread

I just thought it was newsworthy mentioning breaking news, given the title of the thread

This ruling only affects down ballot candidates. It has no bearing on the presidential election itself. So, given the thread title, it shouldn't even be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He rang in to that sham of a "hearing" in Pennsylvania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It is my Great Honor to announce that General Michael T. Flynn has been granted a Full Pardon. Congratulations to
    @GenFlynn
    and his wonderful family, I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!

Pardoning the criminals before he gets thrown out.

It is my Great Honor to announce that General Michael T. Flynn has been granted a Full Pardon. Congratulations to
    @GenFlynn
    and his wonderful family, I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!

Criminals pardoning criminals, Thankfully Trump can't be pardoned for some of his crimes, hopefully he is charged and is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

@GenFlynn

He fired Flynn for lying to the FBI.

These ****ers can't get their lies straight

And the Trumpists will still support him. Pardoning his buddy who is a convicted criminal. He'll try to wrangle a preemptive pardon for himself before January 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bewareofthedog

I genuinely believe Flynn was maliciously targeted and entrapped by certain heads in the FBI like Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok.

Roger Stone, Cohen and other cohorts are obviously guilty of criminal behavior but I would not tar General Flynn with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He'll try to wrangle a preemptive pardon for himself before January 20th.

Is he legally allowed to do that ?

everlast75 wrote: »
    He fired Flynn for lying to the FBI.

These ****ers can't get their lies straight

That's not true, he fired Flynn for misleading Pence.

That's not true, he fired Flynn for misleading Pence.

Wrong. From the man himself. (BTW isn't it amazing with Trump that there's ALWAYS a tweet!)

I genuinely believe Flynn was maliciously targeted and entrapped by certain heads in the FBI like Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok.

He pled guilty. Twice!

Then he pretended to cooperate, then tried to weasel out of his plea, then hired that lunatic Powell to try scorch the earth with bizarre conspiracy theories.

The judge asked the Prosecution why they didn't charge him with treason.

Think what you like, but try base it all on facts

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Wrong. From the man himself. (BTW isn't it amazing with trump that there's ALWAYS a tweet!)

We're dealing in semantics, but Trump changed his story later.

https://apnews.com/article/f5ab3e3c75304b9bbe1e4b32322b3faf

"Trump alters story on why he fired Flynn"

"President Donald Trump changed his story Saturday on why he fired Michael Flynn as his national security adviser, now suggesting he knew at the time that Flynn had lied to the FBI as well as to Vice President Mike Pence about his contacts with Russians during the presidential transition.

That was a turnabout from his initial explanations that Flynn had to go because he hadn’t been straight with Pence about those contacts."

Amid questions raised by the tweet( the one you posted ), Trump associates tried to put distance Saturday evening between the president himself and the tweet. One person familiar with the situation said the tweet was actually crafted by John Dowd, one of the president’s personal attorneys. Dowd declined to comment when reached by The Associated Press on Saturday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement