Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

https://www.google.com/amp/s/legalinsurrection.com/2020/11/pennsylvania-state-judge-halts-certification-finds-likelihood-mail-in-balloting-procedures-violate-pa-constitution/amp/

And it looks like mail in ballots admitted after 8pm on election day may be tossed as unconstitutional in Pennsylvania giving Trump that state.

In WI about 100000 mail in ballots may be tossed because no requests were made for them as per the rules giving Trump that state too.

Meanwhile GOP legislature in PA is already seeking to win back the power to appoint electors which means they will appoint pro Trump electors.

This may trigger a domino effect as fraud allegations cause the count to be tossed in other swing states.

Remember the only for the corruption in Detriot Milwaukee Philadelphia and Atlanta which gave him ridiculously implausible victories in their respective counties Biden would not have been called the winner of those states and declared President Elect by the AP.

He is not President Elect until the electors give him at least 270 votes in December.

If no candidate gets 270 the States get 1 vote each under the 12th Amendment. Most are GOP controlled so they will vote Trump and he WINS!

So much of the above is completely wrong and easily disproven. I have no idea what ruling your link is talking about. The actual story is that Trump's efforts to stop or rescind certification (talk is about "delay" which is wrong) was laughed out of court yesterday in a particularly scathing fashion. Moreover, even if they appealed and were somehow successful in that appeal they just end up in the same court making the same arguments in front of the same judge.

I don't know what the point of this new account is or the posts within it? Who is even behind it. This thing is not in play, and not with this audience. Garbage misinformation like the above achieves nothing. So very weird.
    Even in defeat Trump is living rent free in millions of heads.

Well there seems to be lots of people living rent free in Trump's defeated head right now. I'd love to opine on the tenancy status of Outlaw Pete, RIGOLO, et al's heads but they're MIA after Trump's defeat.

Yes, some scalps are being taken as was always the case. But make no mistake: there is only one winner here, and it isn't anybody or anything to do with Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

https://www.google.com/amp/s/legalinsurrection.com/2020/11/pennsylvania-state-judge-halts-certification-finds-likelihood-mail-in-balloting-procedures-violate-pa-constitution/amp/

And it looks like mail in ballots admitted after 8pm on election day may be tossed as unconstitutional in Pennsylvania giving Trump that state.

In WI about 100000 mail in ballots may be tossed because no requests were made for them as per the rules giving Trump that state too.

Meanwhile GOP legislature in PA is already seeking to win back the power to appoint electors which means they will appoint pro Trump electors.

This may trigger a domino effect as fraud allegations cause the count to be tossed in other swing states.

Remember the only for the corruption in Detriot Milwaukee Philadelphia and Atlanta which gave him ridiculously implausible victories in their respective counties Biden would not have been called the winner of those states and declared President Elect by the AP.

He is not President Elect until the electors give him at least 270 votes in December.

If no candidate gets 270 the States get 1 vote each under the 12th Amendment. Most are GOP controlled so they will vote Trump and he WINS!

Do you think trump is going to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So much of the above is completely wrong and easily disproven. I have no idea what ruling your link is talking about. The actual story is that Trump's efforts to stop or rescind certification (talk is about "delay" which is wrong) was laughed out of court yesterday in a particularly scathing fashion. Moreover, even if they appealed and were somehow successful in that appeal they just end up in the same court making the same arguments in front of the same judge.

There is actually a separate case that has flown under the radar a bit, it took me a while to find a less biased piece of reporting on it.

But obviously it is nowhere as clear cut as that poster is implying

https://www.jurist.org/news/2020/11/pennsylvania-appeals-court-blocks-further-certification-of-election-results-pending-hearing/

not only did the plaintiffs lack standing to bring the suit, but also that it was not timely filed. Act 77 provided that a challenge to the Act should have been brought within 180 days of its passage. The defendants’ lawyers also called attention to the lateness of the lawsuit itself, pointing out that there have been two elections between Act 77’s passage and the plaintiffs’ complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Isn't this the type of corruption that Trump says he is trying to save the country from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Something I hope doesn't happen is trump's pic doesn't get taken down, it should be used as a source of what can happen in a democracy, use it as a poster child to what can happen. As much as "draining the swamp" is a good thing, be careful of the person that is used to drain that swamp..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,558 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

More devastating news for Biden which could hand Trump back Nevada...
    Stop posting fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

More devastating news for Biden which could hand Trump back Nevada...

Meanwhile SCOTUS looks increasingly likely to throw out the mail in ballots admitted after 8pm on election day in Pennsylvania as unconstitutional while 100000 mail in ballots with no proof of request in Wisconsin could be tossed and give the President yet another win.

Yeah I'm sure Joe Biden is devastated :rolleyes:

As of yesterday, the Supreme Court was not looking at this. Trump's team said they would lodge an appeal "Trump’s lawyers vowed to appeal to the Supreme Court despite the judges’ assessment that the “campaign’s claims have no merit.”"

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-pennsylvania-elections-philadelphia-d9c96c4593ec278f3b1d4bc564068df6

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

Quit your crying even the Americans that supported trump like rats on a sinking ship are leaving and trying to get on bidens good side

At one point he expressed concern that Biden would get the glory from pending coronavirus vaccines. “Don't let him take credit for the vaccines,” Trump said, “because the vaccines were me, and I pushed people harder than they've ever been pushed before.Trump's administration has already given the green light for a formal transition to get underway. Yet Trump took issue with Biden moving forward.

“I think it's not right that he's trying to pick a Cabinet,” Trump said, even though officials from both teams are already working together to get Biden's team up to speed.

Asked if he'll attend the inauguration, Trump said he knows the answer but doesn't want to say.One of the reasons Republicans have stood by Trump and his baseless claims of fraud has been to keep his loyal base energized for those Jan. 5 runoffs. But Trump, in his remarks, openly questioned whether that election would be fair, casting suspicions that could dampen Republican turnout.

“I think you're dealing with a very fraudulent system,” he said. “I'm very worried about that.” He said: “People are very disappointed that we were robbed.”

Trump made clear that he will probably never formally concede, even if he said he would leave the White House.

“It's gonna be a very hard thing to concede,” he said. “Because we know there was massive fraud.”

Electors “will have made a mistake” by affirming Biden's win, he said.

Yet “time isn't on our side.”

Will he run again in 2024? Trump said he doesn't “want to talk about 2024 yet.”

“This has a long way to go,” Trump said,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I feel like an intervention is required here....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Something I hope doesn't happen is trump's pic doesn't get taken down, it should be used as a source of what can happen in a democracy, use it as a poster child to what can happen. As much as "draining the swamp" is a good thing, be careful of the person that is used to drain that swamp..

You should be more worried of who is refilling it, as seen by Trump shoving sycophants into positions of power that answer to him, not his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

everlast75 wrote: »
    I feel like an intervention is required here....

Comrade Anatoly's on the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh...are these the sequestered votes that the PA state voting body kept away from the main ballots, counted but never added to the total? Those votes? Because unless they had about 200000 for Trump, they wouldnt have made a difference anyways.

Or do you think this ruling is applying to all the votes that were counted in the days after Nov 3rd? The ones that were posted, post marked and are entirely legal and valid ballots! Those ones? Because if the Republican heavy SCOTUS is ruling to throw legally valid ballots in the bin because they arent for their candidate....then that exactly the kind of "destruction of democracy", rigged election, voter fraud ****e Trump has been spouting for weeks now.

As for the bolded part...yeah, as others have pointed out, thats flat out stamping on the democratic system...why even bother with an election if some group will just pick their candidate anyways? Imagine if a Dem legislator decided to ignore the majority Trump votes and put Biden in anyways....the Republicans would be ****ting kittens in righteous anger.

But lets not forget...the Democrats are the ones doing the evil vote rigging and fraud (with no evidence to back any of the claims up) and not the pure innocent Republicans as they are flat out admitting to election rigging and vote suppression :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

"He hasn't won until all the votes have been counted."

"He hasn't won until Fox News calls it."

"He hasn't won until the courts look at these mail-in ballots."

"He hasn't won until the states certify the results"

"He hasn't won until the Electoral College meets"

"He won, but he didn't win. I've decided the vote was a big fraud based on evidence credible to no-one but me and everyone else in my bubble."

"He won't be president because he'll probably die before January 20th"

"He'll never be my president"

This has been the progression in logic. There are some people who will never accept that Biden won. They're not really worth talking to because they have no interest in hearing an opinion to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

briany wrote: »

"He won, but he didn't win. I've decided the vote was a big fraud based on evidence credible to no-one but me and everyone else in my bubble."

This has been the progression in logic. There are some people who will never accept that Biden won. They're not really worth talking to because they have no interest in hearing an opinion to the contrary.

You forgot

"He hasn't won because Paddy Power haven't paid out yet."

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    You should be more worried of who is refilling it, as seen by Trump shoving sycophants into positions of power that answer to him, not his position.

I came into this thread with the explicit position that I'm not a Biden fan, trump though takes things to a whole other level..

I'll happily be critical of Biden and the decisions of his cabinet over the next four years. I'll hold no shame for that, unlike the others of the previous one who had the importance of defending his cnutish behaviour to the fcukin hilt with zero shame, even when the fcuk bag has been trounced by the "worst candidate" that could be put forward..

I'm off to sleep in my bunker, catch me in maybe 4 years time when I awaken from my slumber..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

briany wrote: »

https://youtu.be/VBgw-eEK30w

Listen to Fareed Zakaria of CNN and read his op ed based on his take in the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-could-stay-in-power-even-if-he-doesnt-win-the-election-the-constitution-allows-it/2020/09/24/d9371bb0-fe97-11ea-9ceb-061d646d9c67_story.html

"Now, imagine the scenario during election week: Trump is leading on Nov. 3, but Democratic nominee Joe Biden gains ground in the days following. Republicans file objections to tens of thousands of mail-in ballots. Democrats file countersuits. Taking account of the confusion, legislatures decide to choose the electors themselves."

"Here’s the worry. Of the nine swing states, eight have Republican legislatures. If one or more decide that balloting is chaotic and marred by irregularities, they could send what they regard as the legitimate slate of electors, which would be Republican."

"Democrats may object and file lawsuits. In some of those states, Democratic governors or secretaries of state could send their own slates of electors to Washington. That would add to the confusion, but that might well be part of the Republican plan. When Congress convenes on Jan. 6 to tally the electors’ votes, there would be challenges to the legitimacy of some electors. Congressional Republicans would agree that disputed states should not be counted. That would ensure that neither candidate would get to 270 electoral votes."

"At that point, the Constitution directs that the House of Representatives vote to determine the presidential election. But it does so with each state casting a single vote. If the current numbers hold, there would be 26 state delegations that are Republican and 23 Democratic (with one tied), so the outcome would be to reelect Trump. Trump does not need to do anything other than accept this outcome, which is constitutional."

:-D

Listen to Fareed Zakaria of CNN and read his op ed based on his take in the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-could-stay-in-power-even-if-he-doesnt-win-the-election-the-constitution-allows-it/2020/09/24/d9371bb0-fe97-11ea-9ceb-061d646d9c67_story.html

"Now, imagine the scenario during election week: Trump is leading on Nov. 3, but Democratic nominee Joe Biden gains ground in the days following. Republicans file objections to tens of thousands of mail-in ballots. Democrats file countersuits. Taking account of the confusion, legislatures decide to choose the electors themselves."

"Here’s the worry. Of the nine swing states, eight have Republican legislatures. If one or more decide that balloting is chaotic and marred by irregularities, they could send what they regard as the legitimate slate of electors, which would be Republican."

"Democrats may object and file lawsuits. In some of those states, Democratic governors or secretaries of state could send their own slates of electors to Washington. That would add to the confusion, but that might well be part of the Republican plan. When Congress convenes on Jan. 6 to tally the electors’ votes, there would be challenges to the legitimacy of some electors. Congressional Republicans would agree that disputed states should not be counted. That would ensure that neither candidate would get to 270 electoral votes."

"At that point, the Constitution directs that the House of Representatives vote to determine the presidential election. But it does so with each state casting a single vote. If the current numbers hold, there would be 26 state delegations that are Republican and 23 Democratic (with one tied), so the outcome would be to reelect Trump. Trump does not need to do anything other than accept this outcome, which is constitutional."

:-D

The thing is that scenario is only really applicable if it wasn't such a clear victory. It's incredibly clear now.

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."
    Or if you prefer "If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike"

You can come up with all the theories you like, but that doesn't make this likely.
    This will be worked out in the courts, but so far the courts overwhelmingly agree that the vote was legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Copium - not even once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hey guys! :pac:

Still finding the thread amusing that the trumpdroids are still hard at it, and the new wach a moles are popping up with their "new" angles of things..

The thread is lasting way beyond what I was expecting, the syndrome is very very strong..

It lays into what I said, that POS should be used to its full extent as to what NOT to do with regards draining swamps.

If that cnut is the fore barore to draining swamps, I pity the cnuts that are having to clear things up after that. I've just witnessed a cnut turn "his" people against his own people because they didn't agree with him..

His words when he trollied himself out and about with covid-19 was the people out on the streets greeting him were "true Americans" or words to that effect.. he has been the most divisive POTUS that could be imagined, I hope the last that I witness in my life time.. a seriously dangerous cnut imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Still finding the thread amusing that the trumpdroids are still hard at it, and the new wach a moles are popping up with their "new" angles of things..

The thread is lasting way beyond what I was expecting, the syndrome is very very strong..

It lays into what I said, that POS should be used to its full extent as to what NOT to do with regards draining swamps.

If that cnut is the fore barore to draining swamps, I pity the cnuts that are having to clear things up after that. I've just witnessed a cnut turn "his" people against his own people because they didn't agree with him..

His words when he trollied himself out and about with covid-19 was the people out on the streets greeting him were "true Americans" or words to that effect.. he has been the most divisive POTUS that could be imagined, I hope the last that I witness in my life time.. a seriously dangerous cnut imo.

i'm confused. you want trump gone but have replaced by someone who has made 10's millions of dollars from being a senator.

biden is on record as saying he is against gay marriage. that should be a red line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

i'm confused. you want trump gone but have replaced by someone who has made 10's millions of dollars from being a senator.

biden is on record as saying he is against gay marriage. that should be a red line.
    He pushed Obama to support gay marriage:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Was that before or after he went on NBC's Meet the Press in 2012 and declared publicly that he supported gay marriage, forcing then President Obama to declare the same shortly afterwards (and making Obama the first president to do so)?

Here he is 8 years ago in support of gay marriage.

https://youtu.be/vyjYg3ZYFfQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Interested to know, what's the appeal in spreading blatant lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Have you ever, in your life, ever held an opinion, which you later changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Presumably, you got your talking point from the latest gop online strategy, deployed here by Ted Cruz.

Note the devastating counter...

https://twitter.com/VisibleSoul/status/1332849014065287172?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement