Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,613 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Counting is ongoing, there is no way he will lose to Biden.

What do you think is goings to happen? What's the scenario where Trump wins and stays in the whitehouse?

Please explain step by step what you think happens next where Trump remains president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Counting is ongoing, there is no way he will lose to Biden.
    Where the votes still to be counted are, disagree with this claim. He might get closer in AZ but PA, NV and quite probably GA are gone. All Biden needs is PA and he's well on his way there to an insurmountable lead, regardless of challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Show one post where I said he had dementia please. I never said he was a rapist either, I may have alluded to these things but as a long time Boards member, I know the rules therefore I am VERY careful with my words.

I made a prediction that Joe would not turn up to the debates and afterwards, I openly admitted to getting it wrong.

Of course I think Trump will win. There are many votes left to count and Joe Biden is an awful candidate.

He never said you said he had dementia. He used the word push, which implies you may have said it but was very careful not to have said it.
    Pushed could also imply that you simply support the theories without committing to stating them. Something you admit to by using the word alluded.

See.. now there was some very Trumptastic word salad. It could be implied that I have said bad things about you, but really I said nothing. Or did I. Some people say I might, that what I hear, but I don't know.

How are people, at 10am on Saturday the 7th of November, still thinking that Trump is going to win?

It's over. Essentially all votes left to count are in areas that favour Biden.

Yes, he is a dreadful candidate but he has won this race.

At 78 Biden might not even last the 4 years.

What happens if he dies before the full term is up, does Harris take over or is there an election called?

Harris. Same if Trump takes the huff and walks off stage (or fakes a medical issue).. pence is president until Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How are people, at 10am on Saturday the 7th of November, still thinking that Trump is going to win?

It's over. Essentially all votes left to count are in areas that favour Biden.

Yes, he is a dreadful candidate but he has won this race.

200.gif

I'd say it's mainly denial, jokes aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No way
    If there is "no way" he is going to lose, I assume you have a large bet on? Why waste the potential to increase your savings six fold?

Biden is going to lose.
    I was late getting up Wednesday morning after watching coverage until 4.30am the night before.
    My wife informs me that her American friends are all upset because Trump is going to win the election. I started laughing and told her Trump hasn't an earthly.
    So I read up a bit and Trump has claimed it already. Then I go do numbers on Pennsylvania and if you go back you'll see that I posted it here then that Biden is looking good for Pennsylvania.
    I then see that somebody has said here that Trump is favourite with the bookies so I log on and put on 50 from my balance and immediately decide to put the other 83 on as well because it's free money.
    At no stage before today have I claimed to have had a bet because I really don't care but seeing as you asked the question the way you did, well here you go.
    Before the election I thought Biden would win Texas or that it would be extremely tight. I got that wrong but I'm showing that bet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Akrasia wrote: »
    Just because you’ve had a belief for a year doesn’t mean you should hold onto that belief when there is practically insurmountable evidence that your belief was wrong

I really believed that the UK could get its act together and hold a 2nd referendum on Brexit. Turns out I was wrong

I really believed that Sanders could put up a better challenge in the Primaries, I was wrong then too. I believed Trumps team would have had a more coherent plan for after the election, turns out his plan was to rant and rave and threaten to sue everyone and lie about the results

In hindsight my belief that Trump might actually have had a long term plan was completely unfounded

The UK government are not required to hold referendums. With the brexiteers in charge why would they want to stop it?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

eagle eye wrote: »
    No way Biden is going to lose.
    I was late getting up Wednesday morning after watching coverage until 4.30am the night before.
    My wife informs me that her American friends are all upset because Trump is going to win the election. I started laughing and told her Trump hasn't an earthly.
    So I read up a bit and Trump has claimed it already. Then I go do numbers on Pennsylvania and if you go back you'll see that I posted it here then that Biden is looking good for Pennsylvania.
    I then see that somebody has said here that Trump is favourite with the bookies so I log on and put on 50 from my balance and immediately decide to put the other 83 on as well because it's free money.
    At no stage before today have I claimed to have had a bet because I really don't care but seeing as you asked the question the way you did, well here you go.
    Before the election I thought Biden would win Texas or that it would be extremely tight. I got that wrong but I'm showing that bet as well.

On the betting side, was that maybe for another poster? I haven't mentioned betting at all in any of my posts to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,081 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think Hannah Arendt spelled it out very well in 1951

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness”

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Search function
    Dementia
    Your username

You’re welcome.

How will trump win, when he’s losing?

In fairness, Kidchameleon has not said Biden has dementia:

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=Dementia&forum=&user=195887&date_from=&date_to=

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,658 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread title changed to something a bit less controversial :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

So Trump is the first ever person to lose the popular vote twice? That will eat away at his ego.

No, both Dewey and Adlai Stevenson lost it twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think Hannah Arendt spelled it out very well in 1951

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness”

So me one leader of any country who has never lied, they all do it even the ones your own side on the left think are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Of course I think Trump will win. There are many votes left to count and Joe Biden is an awful candidate.

Where exactly do you see Trump turning it around? He HAS to win Pennsylvania where he is currently behind by 30k and with about 90k mail in ballots to count the majority of those are in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Can you set out your rationale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Any chance of Biden addressing his beaten opponent and saying 'you're fired'

Would be quite sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Think of the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I’m fascinated by CNN coverage on now

It’s 3/5am in the morning in the US (is anything even happening count wise?), yet they managed to fill hours with talk.

He's president till January..

So me one leader of any country who has never lied, they all do it even the ones your own side on the left think are great.

Ah cool. That makes it ok then?

What is your point? I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise. Of course people like to exaggerate or push their own agenda.

But with Trump, it's a question of scale. He goes off the charts with his bs, his false claims and very active disinformation. He discredits anything that doesn't agree with him and is entirely irresponsible in doing so and has no shame at all.

It really worries me that people are loosing the ability to make these distinctions. It's like we really are in one big collective race to the bottom.

• Advertisement

Quite a nice looking graphic from Le Monde. Much better than those ghastly maps that colour in entire states and dilute all context.

https://twitter.com/chey_cobb/status/1324741908862771201

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

On the betting side, was that maybe for another poster? I haven't mentioned betting at all in any of my posts to be honest.
    Sorry my mistake. Fixed that.

I'd find it funny but I really hope he isn't tempted by such tactics.

That's not the actions of someone trying to heal a nation and bring people together. It will piss off more people and but worth it for the sake of a cheap laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

km991148 wrote: »
    I'd find it funny but I really hope he isn't tempted by such tactics.

That's not the actions of someone trying to heal s nation and bring people together. It will piss off more people and but worth it for the sake of a cheap laugh.

Perhaps if Trump wins he wouldn't be so afraid to say it to Biden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Thread title changed to something a bit less controversial :o

I object! Who objected to what it was originally?

Yeah but we all know trump has no class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Americans literally drunk on democracy, booze sales up 68% on election Day.. Washington DC with 133% increase.. I think they're showing us how to do democracy..

Americans literally drunk on democracy, booze sales up 68% on election Day.. Washington DC with 133% increase.. I think they're showing us how to do democracy..

Nah. Even the longest count in Ireland would be finished by now and we have a much more complex PRSTV system than they do over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That’s quite a big If. Probably more chance of an alien invasion today tbh

• Advertisement

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    A rigged election by the demacorrupts. Desperate for a win. Stalin would be happy with how they won

You've been asked to provide evidence numerous times but you just come into the thread, throw around baseless statements and then slink away without providing any proof of your claims. Shameful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement