Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭dasdog

Overheal wrote: »
    So how about this "Hearing" in Arizona?
    Another Rudy press conference. The brazen cheek to infer it was some sort of official inquiry and timed to take place around the same time AZ certified today. Fox didn't even bother with it. It's was desperate stuff - when Hugo Chavez started being mentioned I turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Been hearing alot of about some kind of third act via a mate (big Trump fan), whereby something big is gonna happen that enables Trump to be inaugurated in January.

I don't think this is likely, but have not been following this stuff that closely since about a week after the election date.

I met him last week for an outdoor pint and he's so convinced, he's even put cold hard cash down on it and said he knows others who have done the same!

Can anyone hear shed any light, and where he might be getting his info from (be it nonsense or otherwise) ? He claims he's not too deep into conspiracy theories, but I have my doubts.

The only thing I can think of is that Trump convinces some of the swing stage electoral colleges to overturn their results, based on some apparent fraudulent basis, and give their votes to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Selik wrote: »
    Been hearing alot of about some kind of third act via a mate (big Trump fan), whereby something big is gonna happen that enables Trump to be inaugurated in January.

I don't think this is likely, but have not been following this stuff that closely since about a week after the election date.

I met him last week for an outdoor pint and he's so convinced, he's even put cold hard cash down on it and said he knows others who have done the same!

Can anyone hear shed any light, and where he might be getting his info from (be it nonsense or otherwise) ? He claims he's not too deep into conspiracy theories, but I have my doubts.

The only thing I can think of is that Trump convinces some of the swing stage electoral colleges to overturn their results, based on some apparent fraudulent basis, and give their votes to Trump.

Ask them if they fancy doubling or tripling their bet, easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If electoral colleges overturned their results then and went against democracy then we'd have election fraud and proper court cases brought by the Democrats.

It's not going to happen regardless of how hard Trump tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This lady on this hearing has been going on a lot of hearsay and taking guesses about what she saw, a lot of hedging language. Stuff that would never hold up in court, and a farce that any legislator in attendance doesn't want on the record, clearly, if its held in a ballroom and not a legislative hearing room.

Tell him to bet the house and the car. Can't lose! :pac:

There's nothing he can do. All the swing states have certified, the electors will be picked by Democrats. They will convene in 2 weeks, on the 14th of December. He will continue to beg electors to vote for him, it won't work. Your friend is probably of the persuasion that Trump can somehow stop the casting of votes by electors on December 14, if he miraculously did that, the election would go to the House of Representatives where each state would have 2 delegates, and they think they can win there. The odds of that outcome are astronomical.

Trump also thought that by failing in the courts and constantly amending and appealing motions he will somehow get the SCOTUS to take in all their "evidence" but that's not how SCOTUS works, there is the trial court level, the appeals circuit, and the supreme court. The trial court process, accepts and rejects evidence. He's made it up to the appeals level with no evidence of fraud, and has been struck down "with prejudice," meaning they can no longer further amend or try to trickle-in hearsay. His hope is that SCOTUS would somehow ignore stare decisis (judicial precedent) to block state certification of the election. Fantasy.

Here's a great rundown:

They hope with this "hearing" today they will throw up enough dirt that *something* will stick, but the election in AZ is already out the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i'd say they are getting their information from the current home of thedonald. it's literally the only place where people still think he's going to somehow overturn the election. i'd ask your friends what the hell are they doing hanging out on that bat**** crazy website.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The theory on "Team Trump" is that if they get to the Supreme Court then "Trumps guys" on the court will do him a solid and award the election to him.

A few problems with that though.
    • That's not how the Supreme Court works
    • It's also not how the entire system of Law works in the US

To get to the Supreme court , they have to have a legal argument about a decision made by a lower court . So , for example they might be able to appeal the recent Federal court hearing that slapped them down really hard (a judgment delivered by 3 Republican Judges and authored by a Trump appointee), but it can only be about where they think that the lower court made an error in Law.

However , the Appeal would only be to rescind the rejection of the Court case , it wouldn't change the decision - At the absolute best the SCOTUS could overrule the Federal court decision , which would only send the case back down to the lower court for review again.

Trump keeps saying that they have all this evidence that they want to bring to the Supreme court - Which displays a truly staggering level of total ignorance of how the entire Judicial system in the US works.

They cannot introduce new evidence in the SCOTUS - They can only argue legal technicalities and interpretations of the evidence already submitted.

They have submitted ZERO evidence of Fraud and even if they had it (they don't) they can't bring it up in the Supreme court.

TL;DR

Trump has lost , he has NOTHING and knows it , but he's building a media narrative that says "We have all this evidence to prove the massive fraud , but we are being denied our day in Court by the *Deep State*".

That narrative gives him two things - A way to keep grifting cash off his gullible supporters for "the fight" and a way to allow his narcissistic mind to never have to accept that he got beaten like a drum by a 78 year old journey-man politician that barely campaigned..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That narrative gives him two things - A way to keep grifting cash off his gullible supporters for "the fight" and a way to allow his narcissistic mind to never have to accept that he got beaten like a drum by a 78 year old journey-man politician that barely campaigned..

And that's the central plot right there. The Trump 2020 campaign is overspent and in debt.

So for weeks they've been badgering supporters for more money, claiming that it was for the election legal fight. However:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1326661417349623808?s=20

The whole thing is a literal grift to balance their chequebooks. Not to mention Trump has personal debts of over $400M. It is fully expected he will announce his run for re-election virtually immediately, even perhaps during his inauguration day remarks on January 20th (IMO). He's going to do so both for the money and the empty rhetorical argument that you shouldn't indict a presidential candidate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Arizona certified.
    Wisconsin set to follow within the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Not actually trying to be funny here, but is your mate also into QAnon?

There's a very common trend between QAnon and Trump which is that something "huge" is always "right around the corner".

It tends to work very well on people prone to being scammed or gifted. Which doesn't automatically mean dumb people so it's not a shot at your friend, as much as pointing out a common theme.

Ultimately your friends bet is going to land him out of pocket. You should ask if he put on a bet or donated to some "effort" because if the latter, he someone somewhere is openly laughing at him while taking his money.

Every single swing state to the best of my knowledge has now certified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Any sign of JFK Jnr showing up yet? He'd want to hurry up if hes going to save big daddy D.

Have the Q-tips mentioned it at all or is it the usual thing of once all the mileage has been gotten from a piece of nonsense it gets dropped, added to the long list of stuff that didnt happen and never spoken about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any sign of JFK Jnr showing up yet?

He's only 27, not sure he'll enter politics at all.
    Joe Kennedy III is a potential candidate in '24 but more likely '28.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There's a very common trend between QAnon and Trump which is that something "huge" is always "right around the corner".

"Yuuuge" :pac::pac::pac:

"Yuuuge" :pac::pac::pac:
    It was either that or bigly. :D

Any sign of JFK Jnr showing up yet?

It's been over 20 years, they probably stopped the search ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's been over 20 years, they probably stopped the search ages ago.

not sure if serious but he was supposed to be Trumps running mate in 2020 according to QAnon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Apparently for every vote Biden got in Arizona he actually got 1 and 3/10ths of a vote.

The mathematics being used to come to that conclusion is absolutely farcical.

Saganist wrote: »
    Apparently for every vote Biden got in Arizona he actually got 1 and 3/10ths of a vote.

The mathematics being used to come to that conclusion is absolutely farcical.

Say what?

not sure if serious but he was supposed to be Trumps running mate in 2020 according to QAnon.

Ah Christ. I was, but missed that guy incognito was indeed talking about that jfk Jnr. From eagle eyes response I thought there was another that had slipped by me. :o

duploelabs wrote: »
    Say what?

Just a load of nonsense being spouted at the Arizona State Legislature Hearing on Election Fraud... Their 'experts' are doing their best to cast more doubt over the vote.

• Advertisement

Just a load of nonsense being spouted at the Arizona State Legislature Hearing on Election Fraud... Their 'experts' are doing their best to cast more doubt over the vote.

Isn't this just a Rudi press conference and nothing official as before where trump rang it in?

Isn't this just a Rudi press conference and nothing official as before where trump rang it in?

Basically. Loud clapping every time some lie is spouted in favour of Fuhrer Trump. No objective questioning. All Pro Trump.

Basically. Loud clapping every time some lie is spouted in favour of Fuhrer Trump. No objective questioning. All Pro Trump.

Are they trying to establish some kind of alternative court for their alternative facts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The other Q conspiracy doing the rounds on Twitter is that Biden didn't hurt his ankle.

The boot is to hide the electronic tag he is now wearing after he handed himself in to avoid execution at a military court overseen by Trump.

Trump is rounding up the global baby eating cabal and he has not been seen as he at a secret base in Greenland overseeing trials.

Like him loosing in court, it is all part of the "plan".

Are they trying to establish some kind of alternative court for their alternative facts?

Yes. In their alternative universe. :pac:

prinzeugen wrote: »
    The other Q conspiracy doing the rounds on Twitter is that Biden didn't hurt his ankle.

The boot is to hide the electronic tag he is now wearing after he handed himself in to avoid execution at a military court overseen by Trump.

Trump is rounding up the global baby eating cabal and he has not been seen as he at a secret base in Greenland overseeing trials.

Like him loosing in court, it is all part of the "plan".

Meth is obviously a hell of a drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Wisconsin certifies Biden's win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The theory on "Team Trump" is that if they get to the Supreme Court then "Trumps guys" on the court will do him a solid and award the election to him.

A few problems with that though.
    • That's not how the Supreme Court works
    • It's also not how the entire system of Law works in the US

To get to the Supreme court , they have to have a legal argument about a decision made by a lower court . So , for example they might be able to appeal the recent Federal court hearing that slapped them down really hard (a judgment delivered by 3 Republican Judges and authored by a Trump appointee), but it can only be about where they think that the lower court made an error in Law.

However , the Appeal would only be to rescind the rejection of the Court case , it wouldn't change the decision - At the absolute best the SCOTUS could overrule the Federal court decision , which would only send the case back down to the lower court for review again.

Trump keeps saying that they have all this evidence that they want to bring to the Supreme court - Which displays a truly staggering level of total ignorance of how the entire Judicial system in the US works.

They cannot introduce new evidence in the SCOTUS - They can only argue legal technicalities and interpretations of the evidence already submitted.

They have submitted ZERO evidence of Fraud and even if they had it (they don't) they can't bring it up in the Supreme court.

TL;DR

Trump has lost , he has NOTHING and knows it , but he's building a media narrative that says "We have all this evidence to prove the massive fraud , but we are being denied our day in Court by the *Deep State*".

also their idea that the SC judges will rule anything in trump's favour simply because he's trump is ridiculous. yes they are majority right leaning, and some of them nominated by trump, but they are very qualified and intelligent legal minds with reputations of themselves and the SC to uphold. they also can't be fired by trump or any of his ghouls. they have nothing to gain by giving him a stupid decision, and everything to lose.

Wisconsin certifies Biden's win

As expected noise from trump includes going to court to have it overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

froog wrote: »
    also their idea that the SC judges will rule anything in trump's favour simply because he's trump is ridiculous. yes they are majority right leaning, and some of them nominated by trump, but they are very qualified and intelligent legal minds with reputations of themselves and the SC to uphold. they also can't be fired by trump or any of his ghouls. they have nothing to gain by giving him a stupid decision, and everything to lose.

Unless they were specifically picked, because of secret dirt on them ...

4th dimension chess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement