Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I never realised the trump team we’re going to give us this much comedy gold from their defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I never realised the trump team we’re going to give us this much comedy gold from their defeat.

They'd be dangerous if they're competent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    What was the plan supposed to be?

We want to beat Trump , but we're still going to let McConnell have the Senate so he can neuter every possible piece of Legislation we might ever want to pass.

What exactly is the point of carrying out Massive unprecedented levels of hyper sophisticated Fraud only to forget to tick a few extra boxes such that it prevents you from actually having any influence???

What Trump is refusing to accept is that the American people actually quite like Republican policies. It's still very much a centre-right leaning country overall.

What people generally voted against when voting for Biden was Trump himself. And Trump can't deal with the thought that people voted Republican in local House elections but voted Democrat for President, purely because Trump is such a disgusting and unbearable human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What Trump is refusing to accept is that the American people actually quite like Republican policies. It's still very much a centre-right leaning country overall.

What people generally voted against when voting for Biden was Trump himself. And Trump can't deal with the thought that people voted Republican in local House elections but voted Democrat for President, purely because Trump is such a disgusting and unbearable human being.

I suspect that there are a lot of voters who would be fiscally very conservative but socially quite liberal. These people are less likely to be happy with him than any other conservatives I’d think.

salmocab wrote: »
    I suspect that there are a lot of voters who would be fiscally very conservative but socially quite liberal. These people are less likely to be happy with him than any other conservatives I’d think.

You'd also have to hope that there's still some Republicans out there that value basic common decency and truth in the office of President. Trump is an utterly disgusting, self-serving moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

salmocab wrote: »

In the US? I think you have that the wrong way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You'd also have to hope that there's still some Republicans out there that value basic common decency and truth in the office of President. Trump is an utterly disgusting, self-serving moron.

I’d be absolutely sure there are, I think this presidency has shown a lot of people how fragile their values are. The right left talk is blurring lines when things aren’t as polarising as Trump zealots would like everyone to think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's amazing. I ordered myself a 'Four Seasons Total Landscaping" t-shirt earlier this week. It will make me chuckle every time I wear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The wins for Trump just keep on coming. He must be really tired of all the winning

Michigan

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1334988277946912776

another failure in Nevada. This is separate to one mentioned yesterday by somebody else

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1334989372400209920

Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1335010036519755777

• Advertisement

The wins for Trump just keep on coming. He must be really tired of all the winning

Michigan

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1334988277946912776

another failure in Nevada. This is separate to one mentioned yesterday by somebody else

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1334989372400209920

Wisconsin

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1335010036519755777

Wait until Rudy swings in with his videos!!

You'll see!

So much winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

everlast75 wrote:
    Absolutely ****ing pathetic

He's not President yet. Ask them in January after he's been sworn in.
    This is an agenda driven idiot asking a question and reporting a yes or no answer, I wonder did many say 'no not yet'? You won't be told that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's not President yet. Ask them in January after he's been sworn in.
    This is an agenda driven idiot asking a question and reporting a yes or no answer, I wonder did many say 'no not yet'? You won't be told that though.

He won't be president elect anymore when he's sworn in, he'll just be president

He won't be president elect anymore when he's sworn in, he'll just be president

Did they say no or was it a case they were avoiding the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Did they say no or was it a case they were avoiding the question?

Avoiding an answer is hardly any better than saying no. Only crackpots or the hard of thinking actually think Biden didn't win. By not recognising the winner, they are undermining their own democracy, just to avoid the backlash from the Trumpists - a monster they've helped create by being complicit. Hopefully it bites them in the arse with the run-off in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭dasdog

everlast75 wrote: »
    Absolutely ****ing pathetic

I can only think this is the primary reason and according to politico from a November release they get approx 40%.
    President Donald Trump and the Republican National Committee raised $207.5 million since the November election, his campaign said in an emailed statement Thursday.
    Trump’s solicitations to supporters disclose that 75% of donations first go to the Save America political action committee. The balance goes to the RNC’s general operating fund.

Eoin wrote:
    Avoiding an answer is hardly any better than saying no. Only crackpots or the hard of thinking actually think Biden didn't win. By not recognising the winner, they are undermining their own democracy, just to avoid the backlash from the Trumpists - a monster they've helped create by being complicit. Hopefully it bites them in the arse with the run-off in January.

How about people that don't want any hassle from Trump and his cohorts?

Did you ever think that they might be trying to save their party from splitting up? Looking at the longer term, waiting until Trump is out before voicing any negative stuff about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Did you ever think that they might be trying to save their party from splitting up? Looking at the longer term, waiting until Trump is out before voicing any negative stuff about him?

First off, it's not negative to say that they believe the election was fair. They can even kiss his arse and say how utterly wonderful he's been, what a legacy he leaves, and who really cares about 250K deaths - they are what they are.

Putting party ahead of country by this degree is not nothing to admire. If they really care about their party, and weren't consumed by just being in power, then they should welcome a split and let the lunatics create their own party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So, you're suggesting they are putting Party before country?
    Is that supposed to be a positive thing?

It's like not badmouthing the guy who is abusive to his wife until they actually get a divorce in case you doing so will cause discomfort.

So, you're suggesting they are putting Party before country? Is that supposed to be a positive thing?

How is not giving an opinion a big deal?
    It's like not badmouthing the guy who is abusive to his wife until they actually get a divorce in case you doing so will cause discomfort.
    It's saying nothing, not getting involved. I'm sure you've done it yourself in a work or family situation.
    It's very minor stuff. If they outright said that Biden was not the President elect then we'd have a problem, refusing to answer is not a big deal.
    Of course that twitter link suggests they all said he wasn't. That's what you get on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Because these people are specifically given a job to represent in the best interests of the people who elected them to participate in the governing of the country.

Nobody wants their country to be governed poorly, these people turning a blind eye while that was happening as an abdication of their responsibilities.
    It's saying nothing, not getting involved. I'm sure you've done it yourself in a work or family situation.
    It's very minor stuff. If they outright said that Biden was not the President elect then we'd have a problem, refusing to answer is not a big deal.
    Of course that twitter link suggests they all said he wasn't. That's what you get on Twitter.

It's not so minor given the importance of the office and the need to have faith in the democratic system. Anything to undermine that will chip away at the integrity of the process which could ultimately lead to bad things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Jebus Eagle, I thought you were all about giving it straight and not making stuff up!

They were asked if they considered President-elect Biden to be President-Elect and the vast majority either said no or declined to answer.

That is either straight out denying the outcome of the election or they are so cowered with concern for themselves or their party they are willing to ignore reality.

Neither is a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Jebus Eagle, I thought you were all about giving it straight and not making stuff up!

They were asked if they considered President-elect Biden to be President-Elect and the vast majority either said no or declined to answer.

That is either straight out denying the outcome of the election or they are so cowered with concern for themselves or their party they are willing to ignore reality.

Neither is a good look.
    Not only are they giving up their country for their party, they're giving up their party for one (failed) man

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This isn't a 'work or family situation' lol it's the transfer of presidential power for the country, and they are Congress.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Leroy42 wrote: »

Neither is a good look.

Party politics before country. Cowards every last one of them. Funny thing is they claim to be all about the constitution. Ya.....

It's not so minor given the importance of the office and the need to have faith in the democratic system. Anything to undermine that will chip away at the integrity of the process which could ultimately lead to bad things.
    If Trump didn't break it I think it'll survive a bunch of no comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Michigan

Wisconsin

Shocked

EoUB1Z9XIAIaQN4?format=jpg&name=medium

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement