Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They only care because Trump or Boris is running the show. Doesn't seem like anyone gives a toss about Italy, Belgium etc. Must be no relations living in these countries.

*Checks thread title*

Umm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

fly_agaric wrote: »
    The leaders you mention got personally "slated" because of the nonsense they came out with during this pandemic & how they behaved [aside from their countries responses & how their leadership damaged them]. The whole shower of them caught the virus too. That didn't help.

Bit of a failure to understand others there.
    I think you are judging them by how you approach everything in politics (zero sum games, team blue wins, team red loses etc).
    As regards Irish people's interest in the US or UK response in particular the reasons for that are fairly obvious.

None of the faux concerned posters have a history of anti Trump posting pre covid. Almost as if it's just a coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eagle eye wrote: »
    Letting skiers home without self-isolating, letting Italian rugby fans come here, Cheltenham, not listening to NPHET when they recommended level 5 the first time?

That's a long way from ridiculing people for wearing masks, denying covid is an issue at all (despite knowing early on that it was a major one) , claiming hoax, abusing the head of the medical team on Twitter and in press conferences because he doesn't play down the pandemic and toe the line among a catalog of other **** blaming everyone and refusing to entertain any motion of responsibility himself.

Making mistakes is not even in the same conversation as that ****.

The whole system of American presidents not having to attend any level of government outside of their own cabinet of potential yes men they surround themselves with is stupid imo. They should be a +1 in the senate or the house and have to attend and be part of it, being subject to be questioned at times mo.

None of the faux concerned posters have a history of anti Trump posting pre covid. Almost as if it's just a coincidence

So he didn't have a good reputation prior to it? If anything his handling of the virus is a culmination of the actions during his presidency... He continued to make everything about himself.

I've called him a despicable racist a$$hole since before he announced his presidency, so personally I can't relate to that statement.

For others however, his gross incompetence brought him into sharp focus and has made him the poster boy of "how not to handle a pandemic".

Btw - do you solely come on here to slate people who criticise Trump? You don't defend him. Other than that, all I see is whataboutery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anyone who knows about trump, knows he's an idiot since at least the 80's, his exploits at dwindling his daddy's money knows no bounds, and this is just his latest scheme to keep it going. The man is a moron.

But again, what is your point? That now more people know how much of a moron he is due to his inept handling of a pandemic, or that they're just using the pandemic to bash him needlessly, because otherwise he's great?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LOL

Crying because Trump and Johnson get criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

None? Check my posting history and admit you completely over reached with a sweeping statement once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I thought your "they" was wider than a few posters and encompassed all (or most) people who have been critical of the US response to Coronavirus but not as aware of or critical of death rate/failures in other countries (i.e. "they" in general focus on the US because they hate Trump).
    I don't bother to keep track of or remember other people's posts apart from ones where I've personally engaged with them, or perhaps "thanked" etc.

I criticised Trump pre-pandemic because he is objectively quite awful and should never have gotten within an asses roar of such a powerful position as US president. How he behaved and how his administration failed the US (and to some extent the whole world given how powerful & influential the US is) during this crisis illustrated how unsuited he was.

edit:His behaviour after the election is even more damning as regards unsuitability.
    It's very dangerous to give athoritiarians who have no respect for or belief in the "system"/democracy large amounts of political power. The US just about got away with it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What are you even on about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well I cant speak for anybody else but I've been calling him as arsehole since he ran in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

everlast75 wrote: »

The White House is the hottest disease zone in the world

Well I for one am shocked, given how serious trump & his team have been treating the pandemic all the precautions etc that they have been taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Rudy is 76 and doesn't look healthy at the best of times. Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pray for covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Tbh I'd thought he already had it by now, he looked like **** a few weeks ago at that press event (melting hair dye one), then his son tests positive the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pray for covid.

That's despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

No surprise there. Was only a matter of time really. Surprised it took as long as it did really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

That's despicable.

What's despicable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What's despicable?

a humourous post where one suggests praying for a disease is apparently despicable. an odd reaction if you ask me but not entirely unexpected.

That's despicable.

Think everyone expects you to pull this at this stage. It's a pretty broken record.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

That's despicable.

You hover on this thread in permanent outrage at catching the hypocrisy or otherwise disgraceful content- and you're reacting even to obviously humorous posts on a thread that is about Trump and Biden- and you in the full knowledge that Trump is the worst US president during all our lifetimes.

Do you want to be still balancing this particular scale of justice in four years or will the inauguration bring you closure? From your posts you aren't a Trump supporter, so what is the point of all this outrage at the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wasn't that a scene in little Britain?

Just from looking at him he very likely is in worse shape than trump is and was. I also doubt anyone will be shelling out for the experimental treatments that trump got.

You have to wonder are any of them capable of self reflection ever??? Actually wait that was a stupid question of course they arent.

That's despicable.

Your faux pearl clutching routine is getting ridiculously tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Rudy in bad shape apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Rudy in bad shape apparently

Lets hope he learned something if he pulls through.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement