Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

everlast75 wrote: »

When they say staffers, assuming that isn't the secret service details and other staff in the White house, but trump actual staffers, as the last I read around 130 secret service agents were out of service due to covid and having to isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Will Rudy be trying to get this result overturned aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

everlast75 wrote: »

'We'll hire the best people!'

Get the Fcuk Donald and anyone left supporting him at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

a humourous post where one suggests praying for a disease is apparently despicable. an odd reaction if you ask me but not entirely unexpected.

Rudy gets covid and he says pray for covid and you think that's a joke and not hoping that covid beats Rudy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rudi dead cert not to beat covid if he has it since sweatgate , must be riddled with it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

eagle eye wrote: »
    Rudy gets covid and he says pray for covid and you think that's a joke and not hoping that covid beats Rudy?

I shouldn't bother trying to explain others attempts at humour but meaning I took from it was that Rudy Giuliani was the "disease" here [and the not Covid]...Yeah might be a bit bad taste (in the circumstances) but not wishing him to die.

Watched that clip someone posted of him trying to get the person seated beside him to remove her mask. It is hard to feel much sympathy for these people (Trump, assorted US Republican politicians, Boris Johnson, Bolsonaro) when they thumb their nose at the virus & then catch it. That it is not the same as wishing ill health or suffering on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

fly_agaric wrote: »
    I shouldn't bother trying to explain others attempts at humour but meaning I took from it was that Rudy Giuliani was the "disease" here [and the not Covid]...Yeah might be a bit bad taste (in the circumstances) but not wishing him to die.

Watched that clip someone posted of him trying to get the person seated beside him to remove her mask. It is hard to feel much sympathy for these people when they thumb their nose at the virus & then catch it. That it is not the same as wishing ill health or suffering on them.

Twist all you want, saying praying for covid isn't humour, it's hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Trump snowflakes getting upset over a joke....sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

Don't be so ridiculous. It's a joke. Similar to

Q: Why does Paul O'Connell sleep with the light on?

A: Because the dark is afraid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Nah. There were loads of memes flying around about people feeling sorry for the virus when Trump got Covid-19. The joke about Giuliani is in the same vein. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

People were so concerned about covid cases in the Us on this very thread a few hours ago. Now they are making jokes about someone having it.

Which is it folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

eagle eye wrote: »

Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

People were so concerned about covid cases in the Us on this very thread a few hours ago. Now they are making jokes about someone having it.

Which is it folks?

It's both.

Which is it folks?

I'm concerned that my elderly relatives will die of cancer.

I also enjoying Jimmy Carr's dark humour about cancer.

Are you saying that I can't do both?

I'm concerned that my elderly relatives will die of cancer.

I also enjoying Jimmy Carr's dark humour about cancer.

Are you saying that I can't do both?

Using your analogy
    Some people are celebrating that Jimmy Carr has cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

Quote: ExMachina1000

The "someone" who now has it is someone who didn't respect Covid and mocked mask wearers. Karma.

maebee wrote: »
    Quote: ExMachina1000

The "someone" who now has it is someone who didn't respect Covid and mocked mask wearers. Karma.

What kind of outcome are you hoping for?

Personally I hope he shakes it off and pulls through.

I believe he called Bidens mask wearing "political theatre " at one stage but who was he mocking for wearing face masks?

Using your analogy
    Some people are celebrating that Jimmy Carr has cancer

Has Jimmy Carr has been downplaying the risks of cancer outside of his comedy routine? Has Jimmy Carr been telling people that cancer is no big deal and not been taking the necessary precautions to mitigate it for the benefit of both himself and others? What are you even trying to say? You're making no sense.

The only thing you suggested was that people cannot joke about the pandemic while also being very concerned about it, was it not? So anyone who enjoys dark humour about a topic cannot be at the same concerned about that topic according to your logic?

Has Jimmy Carr has been downplaying the risks of cancer outside of his comedy routine? Has Jimmy Carr been telling people that cancer is no big deal and not been taking the necessary precautions to mitigate it for the benefit of both himself and others? What are you even trying to say? You're making no sense.

Has Rudi?

You might be getting confused with Trump.

For the benefit of the part you edited in: A few hours ago people were getting all up in a tizzy about Trumps terrible management of the virus. People were saying they were extremely worried about the rising figures and increasing deaths. Very vocal on the topic.

Rudi tests positive = pray for the virus, its karma etc

Transparent

• Advertisement

Has Rudi?

You might be getting confused with Trump.

There's literally a video a few posts back of Rudy not only not wearing a mask when sitting next to someone but also asking that person to remove their mask.

I'm not getting confused by anything, you are just ignoring things so you can remain in your bubble.

There's literally a video a few posts back of Rudy not only not wearing a mask when sitting next to someone but also asking that person to remove their mask.

I'm not getting confused by anything, you are just ignoring things so you can remain in your bubble.

Poster said rudi was mocking people so its karma.

Wheres the mocking?

All joking aside let's just hope he pulls through and is ok
    Agreed?

Wheres the mocking?

Agreed?

Why do I even bother replying to you when you never address the points anyone makes?

Was I confusing Giuliani with Trump or not? Why are you being so snowflakey about people joking about Giuliani when you clearly didn't even know that Giuliani is also not taking the pandemic very seriously?

Wheres the mocking?

Agreed?

Cool, so he just wasn't taking the public health risk seriously. Basically every Trump associate hasn't worn masks throughout the pandemic.

So I'm gonna reserve my sympathy for people who didn't treat the pandemic as a sideshow... That doesn't mean wishing anything negative but I'm totally happy to joke about buffoons like Giuliani falling victim to it.

By the way, we also know that Giuliani was pushing the conspiracy that china manufactured the virus and targeted America... That's not a person taking the virus particularly serious and trying to divert blame from Trump.

Why do I even bother replying to you when you never address the points anyone makes?

Was I confusing Giuliani with Trump or not? Why are you being so snowflakey about people joking about Giuliani when you clearly didn't even know that Giuliani is also not taking the pandemic very seriously?

I'm hoping for the evidence of rudi mocking mask wearers like the poster said. They also did a harry Houdini when asked for evidence of this mocking that lead to "karma "
    I might change my opinion

You didn't address that nor did you address my comment about hoping he will pull through and be ok.

I did ask first you know

I'm hoping for the evidence of rudi mocking mask wearers.
    I might change my opinion

Here you go.

https://www.mediamatters.org/martha-maccallum/fox-rudy-giuliani-mocks-joe-biden-wearing-mask-political-theater

Has your opinion changed?

Edit: Wait, you already knew about this according to a previous post? :confused:

Here you go.

https://www.mediamatters.org/martha-maccallum/fox-rudy-giuliani-mocks-joe-biden-wearing-mask-political-theater

Has your opinion changed?

Edit: Wait, you already knew about this according to a previous post? :confused:

Is that it?
    Hes not mocking Biden for wearing a mask. Hes calling it political theatre as part of a point. Did you listen to the clip?

So no my opinion has not changed.
    I'm yet to see how this is "karma "

Can you at least admit that you hope he will pull through? Hes not a young man and it's a very stressful period right now

Is that it?
    Hes not mocking Biden for wearing a mask. Hes calling it political theatre as part of a point. Did you listen to the clip?

That's exactly what he's doing. :confused:

If you said to me, "why are you bothering to wear that mask when there's no one near you?", that's not mocking my mask wearing in your eyes? Really?
    I'm yet to see how this is "karma "

Of course you don't, because you're focusing on only this because you think you can make a point about it. Why are you ignoring the other stuff like when he is also often seen right beside people without a mask on, including the video where he asked someone to take their mask off?
    Can you at least admit that you hope he will pull through? Hes not a young man and it's a very stressful period right now

Me personally? No I cannot. He has put other, more caring people's lives at risks by downplaying the pandemic. I do not care what happens to such a man who is already near his life expectancy.

That's exactly what he's doing. :confused:

If you said to me, "why are you bothering to wear that mask when there's no one near you?", that's not mocking my mask wearing in your eyes? Really?

Of course you don't, because you're focusing on only this because you think you can make a point about it. Why are you ignoring the other stuff like when he is also often seen right beside people without a mask on, including the video where he asked someone to take their mask off?

Me personally? No I cannot. He has put other, more caring people's lives at risks by downplaying the pandemic. I do not care what happens to such a man who is already near his life expectancy.

Why would you be wearing a mask if there is nobody near you?
    Do you put a mask on if you are in a room or in the car by yourself? Nonsensical
    Biden was standing on a podium with nobody anywhere close to him.

So the "it's only a joke" lines aren't true after all. The mask slips. You've shown your true colours and I find it disturbing and disgusting but after 3 attempts you finally told the truth.

I'm done with this conversation with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Wheres the mocking?

Agreed?

That's too much to ask for some here, the "karma" would be just too sweet apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement