Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

Its a joke, no need to be so pedantic

Helps to be accurate even when joking missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

irishfeen wrote: »
    Technically even up to 8 hours it’s only 3:50 in Nevada :)

Nevada doesnt matter too much anymore as its not enough to lock out Trump, its all about Georgia and Pennsylvania which Biden has absolutely won they just need to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nevada doesnt matter too much anymore as its not enough to lock out Trump, its all about Georgia and Pennsylvania which Biden has absolutely won they just need to be called.

Nevada won’t be counted until the 12th cnn said yesterday.Biden is 0.4% in pa if he gets 0.5 they will call it according to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Joe Biden, Inauguration Day, January 2021

"I do solemnly swear, with my hand upon this Bible, that we will call the winner of this race..."

They need to get trump a “ biglyest sore loser” trophy and leave it out on the lawn and see will it draw him out of the White House

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭maebee

irishfeen wrote: »
    CNN saying they think it could be called “this morning” stateside.

Hopefully. Like others, I've been glued to CNN for the past week. Love their coverage, panel, statistics etc. and especially John King. Their concept of time is gas though. Going to a break (every 10 minutes ðŸ˜) with "Coming Up" doesn't mean coming up after the break. It means coming up in the next few hours ðŸ˜. That said, I'm sure they have gained a massive new audience, this household included.

maebee wrote: »
    Hopefully. Like others, I've been glued to CNN for the past week. Love their coverage, panel, statistics etc. and especially John King. Their concept of time is gas though. Going to a break (every 10 minutes ðŸ˜) with "Coming Up" doesn't mean coming up after the break. It means coming up in the next few hours ðŸ˜. That said, I'm sure they have gained a massive new audience, this household included.

The one hundred year old business adds are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They said that at 11 am Irish time yesterday

A graph of votes counted in Pennsylvania versus time: the more they have processed the longer it takes to count the remaining ones, on to infinity...

urn:cambridge.org:id:binary:20190207075706603-0570:9781107326200:61588figu9.png?pub-status=live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Its a joke, no need to be so pedantic

welcome to boards. home of the humorless pedant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

namloc1980 wrote:
    Nah. Even the longest count in Ireland would be finished by now and we have a much more complex PRSTV system than they do over there.
    How many American states have populations as small as Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Is there anything different being done in this election than in previous elections?

Could you always mail in your vote?

I’m trying to get my head around Trumps ‘rigged’ ‘fraud’ claims.

What has changed in the process from 4 years ago when he won?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I see the Yanks are dragging this out into another day.

It is obvious Biden has won.

eagle eye wrote: »

About half of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The "count and stop the vote" will be taught in the history books and not in a good way, the people in those videos will be preserved forever as the face of "alternative facts" and "falsehoods" (i.e. lies).

I think we're seeing some of the "real" trump supporters show up now, people assumed to be trolls previously, but just have a belief that he's great, and no evidence will convince them to the contrary. This will be a hard time for them.

Look for similar narratives coming from donaldwin and the partisan radio hosts, it's all circles within circles, and it's so deep that it's hard to penetrate with actual facts and data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Lol of course it's bigger.. but you would think that would mean more polling staff?

Except.. of course even that has been subject to 'shenanigans'..

I can see it all.hapoening very quickly today. Biden wins Pennsylvania early, Trump concedes and Biden makes his acceptance speech all before 5pm Irish time.
    They don't want to get in the way of college football and lose millions of viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Rock77 wrote: »

Is there anything different being done in this election than in previous elections?

Covid has happened/more mail in voting being allowed because of it.. many more democrats have voted by mail, republicans prefer by an large the in person voting process, this is where the early lead came for Donnie. In some states they weren't allowed to go anywhere near mail votes till after the polls closed/polling day iirc.

I can see it all.hapoening very quickly today. Trump wins Pennsylvania early, Trump concedes and Biden makes his acceptance speech all before 5pm Irish time.
    They don't want to get in the way of college football and lose millions of viewers.

I honestly don't see Trump conceding any time soon. Biden will make an acceptance speech without the concession I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The counts are being done by county, not state. But some of those counties will be bigger physically than Ireland and others will have larger populations.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

The whole thing is beyond boring now. Just call it so everyone can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I can see it all.hapoening very quickly today. Trump wins Pennsylvania early, Trump concedes and Biden makes his acceptance speech all before 5pm Irish time.

Donnie is not as selfless as you're making him out to be here lol

It's all about him, always has and will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭briany

Would Trump have won Georgia if Coronavirus had not killed would-be supporters there?

km991148 wrote:
    Lol of course it's bigger.. but you would think that would mean more polling staff?
    Except.. of course even that has been subject to 'shenanigans'..
    There's a little thing called covid-19 affecting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

More than half of the US states have populations smaller than Ireland.

About half of them
    And how many of them are still not finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

lemonTrees wrote: »
    The whole thing is beyond boring now. Just call it so everyone can move on.

It's a close race, votes have to be counted. Sorry that the process bores people, but it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

About half but what has that got to do with anything?

Donnie is not as selfless as you're making him out to be here lol

It's all about him, always has and will be.
    You don't understand how big college football is. There'll be very few watching once it starts at noon eastern time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Rock77 wrote: »

Look, there's no point trying to get your head around anything Trump says or does because most of the time there's no logic to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement