Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

duploelabs wrote: »
    No its not. Please read a dictionary

Lol
    Throw her s few bob. She wants s new laptop. Maybe a holiday if there is time.

Although illegally accessing government websites might even be a federal crime so she might not have time for that holiday.

Lol
    Throw her s few bob. She wants s new laptop. Maybe a holiday if there is time

Have you looked up the definition of grifting yet? Or do you just like making baseless accusations to feel good?

She broke the law by illegally logging into government websites.
    Police raided her home to seize her equipment.
    There is no wrong doing on the behalf of the police there. Standard operation

Now she knows she is in trouble. Trouble she brought on herself. She is looking for 150k dollars to pay her fees and any debt from a court case.

Is that accurate?

Yes thats grifting

Except the reason she logged in will likely affect the outcome of the case.

Also grabbed from the merriam webster dictionary.

Grifting: "to obtain (money or property) illicitly (as in a confidence game)"

People donating to her are fully aware of why she's been arrested, they're also aware of the fact that she's provided accurate data on covid numbers that the state don't like being reported. She's doing a public service and logged into an account to encourage whistleblowing on state corruption.

So no, not grifting as there is no confidence game in play and you really are a broken record with the angles you argue on these things.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

She broke the law by illegally logging into government websites.
    Police raided her home to seize her equipment.
    There is no wrong doing on the behalf of the police there. Standard operation

Now she knows she is in trouble. Trouble she brought on herself. She is looking for 150k dollars to pay her fees and any debt from a court case.

Is that accurate?

Yes thats grifting

Her supposed "crime".... Sending a text message

One Which Encouraged health service workers to speak out against the inaction against covid.

Yeah, such a national security threat.....

Again you don't know the meaning of the word Grift.

But have a look at trumps "stop the steal" fund for a prime example of creaming money off idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lol
    Throw her s few bob. She wants s new laptop. Maybe a holiday if there is time

Grifting is saying you need money for a cause but instead you're lining your own pockets.

Like saying you need money to fight an election that categorically cannot be overturned, when you're actually pocketing the donations

• Advertisement

Except the reason she logged in will likely affect the outcome of the case.

Also grabbed from the merriam webster dictionary.

Grifting: "to obtain (money or property) illicitly (as in a confidence game)"

People donating to her are fully aware of why she's been arrested, they're also aware of the fact that she's provided accurate data on covid numbers that the state don't like being reported. She's doing a public service and logged into an account to encourage whistleblowing on state corruption.

So no, not grifting as there is no confidence game in play and you really are a broken record with the angles you argue on these things.

The hypocrisy on this thread is ridiculous.

Some grifting is ok
    Some law breaking is ok

Some grifting is ok
    Some law breaking is ok

Yes, some law breaking is okay. Pretty sure you'll find plenty who have the utmost respect for the likes of Chelsea Manning, Deep Throat or Edward Snowden. They all broke the law in some form or another.

Also you really don't understand the meaning of grifting.

Some grifting is ok
    Some law breaking is ok

No, no grifting is ok. She is not grifting. Why don't just put on your big boy pants and admit that you misunderstood the meaning of the word and stop trying to skirt around it?

Some grifting is ok
    Some law breaking is ok

No grifting is OK (look up the meaning, it's fraud. As a trumpist I'm sure you know the meaning of fraud)

Its up to the courts to determine if a law has been broken, its not up to you to decide.

Yes, some law breaking is okay. Pretty sure you'll find plenty who have the utmost respect for the likes of Chelsea Manning, Deep Throat or Edward Snowden. They all broke the law in some form or another.

Also you really don't understand the meaning of grifting.

Who gets to decide which law breaking is ok?

• Advertisement

Those big boy pants will be staying off I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Trump apparently since hes the one going around pardoning people who have admitted to breaking the law.....

lets wait to see if a law has been broken by this woman first, and if so, what the punishment will be

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well hopefully the charges are dropped and if not and she gets convicted that Joe gives her a pardon and then a job

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It seems the White House won't be having a nativity crib this year. They are having too much trouble finding three wise men and a virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It seems the White House won't be having a nativity crib this year. They are having too much trouble finding three wise men and a virgin.

Those damned leftists stole Christmas! /s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

1,500 Attorneys Call On Bar Associations To Condemn Trump Campaign Lawyers

"Our profession needs to affirm that this behavior grossly deviates from the bar’s deep commitment to democratic institutions," they state in an open letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The courts get to decide, or use your judgement.. is breaking the law here such a damning thing when the intent is too help the wider public instead of it solely for the benefit of oneself.

Like with Donnie fighting the great crime of mass voter fraud that there is supposedly massive amounts of evidence of yet the legal team can not speak of it in courts, all the while his groupies harass people by email etc for more money to fight this zero evidence case..

I know which one sounds better for the wider public to fund!

Bidens nomination for defence sec, sits on the board of one of the military industrial complex companies (Raytheon).

Uhmmm new war incoming??

I didn't watch a whole lot of bidens campaign talks, of the few clips I seen the only country I seen him speak about was Venezuela and working with partners to help the Venezuelan people..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bidens nomination for defence sec, sits on the board of one of the military industrial complex companies (Raytheon).

Uhmmm new war incoming??

I wonder does he know Mark Esper?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    I wonder does he know Mark Esper?

Probabilities would suggest yes.

Sorry not sorry, this gave me a good chuckle..

https://twitter.com/CaslerNoel/status/1336145088137801728?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Uhmmm new war incoming??

I'm not sure what Biden was thinking here in terms of optics. It's definitely not a good look to have a former military Raytheon board member in this position given that it had been a civilian role until Trump. He might do a good job but this really doesn't look great.

As for a new war, I don't think there's any appetite for that but the arms manufacturers don't need the US to be directly involved in a war to turn a profit when they can sell to cnuts like the Saudis.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sorry not sorry, this gave me a good chuckle..

https://twitter.com/CaslerNoel/status/1336145088137801728?s=19

That actually fits suprisingly well with the claim that Trump has to permanently wear an adult nappy.

Allegedly years of abusing prescription meds have left him partially incontinent.

I'm not sure what Biden was thinking here in terms of optics. It's definitely not a good look to have a former military Raytheon board member in this position given that it had been a civilian role until Trump. He might do a good job but this really doesn't look great.

As for a new war, I don't think there's any appetite for that but the arms manufacturers don't need the US to be directly involved in a war to turn a profit when they can sell to cnuts like the Saudis.

What do you mean by this? There have been plenty of SecDefs who have previously been in the military, including under Trump. In what way is Lloyd Austin not a civilian but James Mattis is?

Edit: I misread you, I thought you said "including Trump" rather than "until Trump". :)

What is also not a great bit of info, is that he needs a waiver to be confirmed because he isn't long enough retired from service... Not that he's not long enough out of being a board member at Raytheon.

To me that sounds like a broken system.

Hopefully the suspicions don't come to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

seamus wrote: »
    That actually fits suprisingly well with the claim that Trump has to permanently wear an adult nappy.

Allegedly years of abusing prescription meds have left him partially incontinent.

Well he certainly **** the bed in terms of his covid response.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Well he certainly **** the bed in terms of his covid response.

Funny thing is, I think he started out trying to do the right things.. somewhere along the line someone either got in his his ear or he just had a fcuk it moment and gazed at the shining lights of the stock market and threw his hat behind the stocks and getting them back going again and hasn't been for turning since.

Everything started to turn for the worse with trump and covid response around the time of the infamous tweets of liberate Michigan all that stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Funny thing is, I think he started out trying to do the right things..

Sorry, what? When was he trying to do the right things at the start of anything?

It's a hoax, will all be gone in a couple of weeks, China created it, don't wear masks, drink bleach, stick a lUV light up your bum, the dems did it, name the vaccine after me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Funny thing is, I think he started out trying to do the right things.. somewhere along the line someone either got in his his ear or he just had a fcuk it moment and gazed at the shining lights of the stock market and threw his hat behind the stocks and getting them back going again and hasn't been for turning since.

Everything started to turn for the worse with trump and covid response around the time of the infamous tweets of liberate Michigan all that stuff.

I couldn't disagree with that viewpoint more.

He never got it right.

He started off by trying to downplay it - "15 people, going down to zero very soon" etc.

Then in early March he started to actually take it seriously, but only briefly.

He was having the daily Press conferences and his popularity was on the up, getting some of the "rally round the flag" lift that most world leaders were getting.

Then however he started to enjoy the daily limelight too much and his verbal diarrhea screwed it up with his disinfectant and "shining a light inside the body" rubbish.

So , he stopped the briefings and just gave up personally - He put Pence in charge and just wandered off for a while.

Then as the election season began to pick up pace he decided that the only thing he had to campaign on was the Economy so he started pushing the whole "Liberate" mantra.

It's been an utter abdication of responsibility since then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement