Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

DubInMeath wrote: »

Will she give back the money if it doesn't go to court?

Will she post receipts of costs?

Definitely one worth keeping an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Are they lying about what the money is for? I mean sure, maybe she'll use it not to build a wall, or pursue a neverending list of failing lawsuits, but sometimes people use donations for their intended purpose.

I know it's hard to believe given what "billionaire" trumpy and his minions are routinely doing with donations, but not everyone in the world is a sh*t like they are.

Are you getting yourself worked into a tizzy in advance of what someone might do with a donation they are asking for?

I still laugh that anyone has been stupid enough to have donated a single cent to self proclaimed billionaire drumpf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I’d say she probably will, she seems to be a person with integrity.

You probably wouldn’t recognize it in people.

Smee_Again wrote: »

when you idolise trump, your bar for what integrity is has gone far down the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Eoin wrote: »
    Copy/paste the attempt with the other swing states, all while milking the gullible MAGA crowd for more donations? He's got some big bills due.

He will get his 400 million off these gullible fools and in the end sell it to himself as being good business completely overlooking the absolute scumbaggy ethics of the whole thing.

• Advertisement

161k now.

No charges laid yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He will get his 400 million off these gullible fools and in the end sell it to himself as being good business completely overlooking the absolute scumbaggy ethics of the whole thing.

Does he not owe a lot more than that though? I suppose he still has the pardons to sell, that should be another money-spinner.

161k now.

No charges laid yet

You do know how donation sites work and how the legal system works don't you? Thus invalidating both above statements.

Are you on "what someone does with a donation" watch? Counting down the seconds to say "Look, she's a grifter too!".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And has still not been charged with anything, i hope she uses whatever it costs to get her setup back to where she needs and then uses every cent to take those responsible, ie de santis, to the cleaners.

FYI the system she alledgedly "hacked" uses the same username and password for every person that has access..... To an emergency notifcation system capable of reaching 2k+ health service workers.....

You know how when someones car or house get broken into you are pissed that burglars exist? But then you find out they left their keys in the door and think they are also stupid morons?

Yeah well this is that except they used to employ the burglars, gave them the set of keys, fired someone cus they were doing their job too well and then never changed the locks, and then it seems with zero evidence blamed the person they fired.

Also she absolutely denies she did this and considering we now know the complete lack of security this system operates its possible this was done by countless others who know the login info or were simply told it by someone who did.

Also on your whole "grifting" idiocy im 100% confident that if or when she doesnt need this money she will publicly donate it to a worthier cause and you will refuse to acknowledge your claims were garbage.

VinLieger wrote: »
    And has still not been charged with anything, i hope she uses whatever it costs to get her setup back to where she needs and then uses every cent to take those responsible, ie de santis, to the cleaners.

FYI the system she alledgedly "hacked" uses the same username and password for every person that has access..... To an emergency notifcation system capable of reaching 2k+ health service workers.....

You know how when someones car or house get broken into you are pissed that burglars exist? But then you find out they left their keys in the door and think they are also stupid morons?

Yeah well this is that except they used to employ the burglars, gave them the set of keys, fired someone cus they were doing their job too well and then never changed the locks, and then it seems with zero evidence blamed the person they fired.

Also she absolutely denies she did this and considering we now know the complete lack of security this system operates its possible this was done by countless others who know the login info or were simply told it by someone who did.

Also on your whole "grifting" idiocy im 100% confident that if or when she doesnt need this money she will publicly donate it to a worthier cause and you will refuse to acknowledge your claims were garbage.

If she ends up not being charged with anything and returns the money I will acknowledge that I was wrong in capital letters.

If she goes the opposite way and she ends up pocketing peoples money il knock a week out of giving out about her.

Currently at 180k dollars

• Advertisement

If she ends up not being charged with anything and returns the money I will acknowledge that I was wrong in capital letters.

As you can't even acknowledge that you misunderstood the word grift, no one will believe you. How about you start with that first?

Don't forget, you're also wrong if she IS charged with something and uses all the money raised to pay for legal costs etc. rather than pocketing some of it. So be sure to acknowledge that too.

As long as she doesn't pocket the money, you're wrong.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

161k now.

I expected there would be more by now.

No charges laid yet

.....and hopefully there will be none.
    I imagine that they don't want any more exposure of their heavy handed tactics.

I wonder what will happen to Trump's overturning a democratic election fund?
    It is far more than the above.
    Will he give it back when he fails?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

Was she expecting something like the raid to happen - because a camera was set up to capture it. Or maybe it was a cctv installed as a general security measure.

She has now changed the target from 150k dollars for a new laptop and legal fees to 1,000,000 dollars!
    Currently at 181k

https://www.gofundme.com/f/DefendScience

No charges laid.

Field east wrote: »
    Was she expecting something like the raid to happen - because a camera was set up to capture it. Or maybe it was a cctv installed as a general security measure.

Lots of people have home security cameras set up as It's pretty easy to set up and tech folk tend to be more likely to have them. Just cause nerd factor comes into play.

She has now changed the target from 150k dollars for a new laptop and legal fees to 1,000,000 dollars!
    Currently at 181k

No charges laid.

You'll be glad to know that $20 of that is my own. How does that make you feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Currently at 181k

No charges laid.

How do you expect to us to take you seriously when you push this laptop claim?

Is it to divert attention that your big orange daddy got his PN appeal handed back to him by the USSC?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

At this point, Trumps shenanigans might actually be helping the confidence in Democracy in US. He has tried pushing every angle to undermine mail in ballots, counting, the automatic tallying machines, the certification of results, the authority of state Supreme Courts and the appointment of electors.

In 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years when people mention fraud in 2020, the quick and obvious retort is that there was none as they did everything to uncover any of it and couldn't do so.

Complete not his intent of course and he will claim until his death that he was robbed.

Sadly, there's not a hope of that I'm afraid.

Democracy such as it was in the US has been utterly poisoned.

No amount of facts or evidence will change peoples minds.

A large cohort of people no longer believe facts , they believe "their guy" and that is it.

No matter how much evidence is available to debunk their view-point , they simply will not accept it.

It will be dismissed as "fake news" or a "deep state plot" etc. etc.

It's hard to see how this gets fixed , it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Sadly, there's not a hope of that I'm afraid.

Democracy such as it was in the US has been utterly poisoned.

No amount of facts or evidence will change peoples minds.

A large cohort of people no longer believe facts , they believe "their guy" and that is it.

No matter how much evidence is available to debunk their view-point , they simply will not accept it.

It will be dismissed as "fake news" or a "deep state plot" etc. etc.

It's hard to see how this gets fixed , it really is.

Well, when this is the guy Trump awards one of the highest accolades....

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1336408497001549830?s=19

duploelabs wrote: »
    How do you expect to us to take you seriously when you push this laptop claim?

Is it to divert attention that your big orange daddy got his PN appeal handed back to him by the USSC?

"Looks like I need a new computer and a hell of a good lawyer"

Its written in the description of the campaign. No claim being pushed.

Trump lost. Fair and square. Hes gone either way in a matter of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Perhaps because they confiscated her laptop during the raid?

You don't understand humour either then? She is obviously isn't suggesting that ~ half of the money will be used to buy a new laptop, did you read the title of her GoFundMe page? The fact that this needs to be typed out in words for you is astounding.

You said I was "pushing a claim"

As I just said its written in the description. All good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

No charges laid.

You appear to be saying this as some item against the person. I assume you simply don't understand how investigations work.

They raided her house, she needs legal representation to help her through this process otherwise the state have all the advantage.

The lack of charges is not surprising. They had cause to raid this persons house and take the equipment. They now need to investigate said equipment and try to find evidence with which to build a case. If they find such evidence, it will be presented to her and she will be asked to explain it.

Her failure to adequately explain may then lead to charges, and possibly court.

Throughout that, possibly long process, she has to maintain legal counsel, may be unable to work, and given the nature of some in the US atm may need protection.

So she set up a go fund me scheme to try to prepare for that.

If the police drop the case then people may look for the money to be returned of used in a specific way.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In fact they confiscated every single device in her house - Phones , Computers, Tablets , USB drives etc.

If that happened in my house I'd be well up into 5 figures to replace it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they took all her hardware during the raid. It explicitly says that in her tweet.

Leroy42 wrote: »

If the police drop the case then people may look for the money to be returned of used in a specific way.

The campaign was changed from a 150k target to 1 million overnight.

People will be watching

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People will be watching

are you also watching what trump is doing with the hundreds of millions he raised for his crap lawsuits?

are you also watching what trump is doing with the hundreds of millions he raised for his crap lawsuits?

Of course.

• Advertisement

People will be watching

It's incredibly cringey reading the things you write and thinking that you've made some sort of point when you haven't and then selectively ignoring all of the other posts that point out how everything you say makes zero sense. I'd love to know how your brain manages to funnel it all out. I assume that the definition of confirmation bias in a dictionary is simply a picture of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement