Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,465 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

namloc1980 wrote: »

Delicious Trumpist tears!

There is no way back for people like that.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Sort of like claiming covid is over due to ivermectin based on a non peer reviewed study.

I decided to have a quick look at his post history to see what you're referring to.

Wow, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,794 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And he has another new Lawyer - John Eastman.

And in news that will shock no one , he's a racist conspiracy theorist!!

As a "Constitutional Law expert" , he believes that the 14th Amendment does NOT guarantee birthright citizenship , so he believes that Kamala Harris is not actually a citizen and therefore can't be VP..

This is because, both her Parents are immigrants , but Ted Cruz who was born in Canada to a Cuban father is A-OK because you know , reasons...

Trump's mother was a Scot. Scottish Gaelic was her first language. His father's parents were German. Sailing close to the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://twitter.com/sundae_gurl/status/1336467842481479681?s=21

How many days/weeks left for the number 1 spot

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/EricKleefeld/status/1336805437568593920?s=19

Perfect.

**** off.

I've argued here that those that follow trump should be able to choose to be led by him.

Let them have him.

Let them be marched off the ****ing cliff, into financial ruin.

At this stage, it's the only way they'll learn.

They are going to fumigate the place after he leaves lol

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1336843377384493056?s=19

Better get a stock take of the silverware before he goes too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Alabama has joined 16 other states in support of a lawsuit filed by the state of Texas to challenge Joe Biden’s wins in four swing states – Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, along with three other constitutional attorneys on Wednesday also filed a brief in support of the Texas lawsuit.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton asks the justices to block the four states from casting their Electoral College votes in favor of Biden and review allegations of irregularities.

Think they have to decide on it by tomorrow.

Alabama has joined 16 other states in support of a lawsuit filed by the state of Texas to challenge Joe Biden’s wins in four swing states – Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, along with three other constitutional attorneys on Wednesday also filed a brief in support of the Texas lawsuit.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton asks the justices to block the four states from casting their Electoral College votes in favor of Biden and review allegations of irregularities.

Think they have to decide on it by tomorrow.

the general consensus seems to be that it is a suit comprised of a hodge podge of other suits, the merits of which have been unceremoniously tossed out at a state level.

There is also a strong suspicion that the Texas AG is doing this as he is under investigation and is lining up a pardon.

While those crimes are state level and can't be pardoned, it doesn't mean that a Pres pardon won't do any good for him. It could affect the jury pool, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »
    the general consensus seems to be that it is a suit comprised of a hodge podge of other suits, the merits of which have been unceremoniously tossed out at a state level.

There is also a strong suspicion that the Texas AG is doing this as he is under investigation and is lining up a pardon.

While those crimes are state level and can't be pardoned, it doesn't mean that a Pres pardon won't do any good for him. It could affect the jury pool, for example.

Whatever happens the meltdown will be epic.
    Think this is their last shot.

The Supreme Court and trumps three picks are about to be labelled the deep state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

These frivolous lawsuits from the trump administration remind of a couple having a baby shower when they're not actually expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, you need to go back and reas my posts on that or my recent ones. I've clearly explained that it's not because if the paper that I'm believing this.
    Looks like there's no rush to go get a vaccine now. It appears that Ivermectin has us sorted to beat this thing should we contract it.

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20201208/this-was-a-gift-to-us-ivermectin-effective-for-covid19-prophylaxis-treatment
    Best news this year.

Ivermectin folks.
    It's game over, no more lockdowns, no rush to take a vaccine. Sooner we get this out there the better. It's a cheap drug, been on the market for 40 years, FDA approved. It's a medicine not a vaccine with impressive results when you take it for and prior to treatment.

No more lockdowns, back.to normal.

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20201208/this-was-a-gift-to-us-ivermectin-effective-for-covid19-prophylaxis-treatment

With the news on Ivermectin I'm in no rush to take a vaccine now. I'm starting to wonder if there's a parasite element to this illness now.

You were very keen to push ivermectin, first 2 posts were posted 2 minutes apart in different threads. People pointed out some issues with the drug and your claim and you posted 7 hours later that you believe it may have some parasitic elements. Did it really take you 7 hours to come up with that post to cover your ass?

Yet more flip flopping from you, just like when you were pushing that Biden has dementia story, Trump will win etc.

Everyone can see you are not a serious poster.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Whatever happens the meltdown will be epic.
    Think this is their last shot.

The Supreme Court and trumps three picks are about to be labelled the deep state.

I wonder will the response be as terse as the one they gave the PA complaint?

I can't see any version where they even entertain this by hearing arguments, so the question will be will they actual hand down a decision (and possibly a dissent) or will they just deny it completely?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    You were very keen to push ivermectin, first 2 posts were posted 2 minutes apart in different threads. People pointed out some issues with the drug and your claim and you posted 7 hours later that you believe it may have some parasitic elements. Did it really take you 7 hours to come up with that post to cover your ass?

Yet more flip flopping from you, just like when you were pushing that Biden has dementia story, Trump will win etc.

Everyone can see you are not a serious poster.

He also tried to start a new thread about Biden because he thought that this thread was poison because people were very insulting.
    So I started a thread about the President elect. Hopefully that can be a good constructive thread with none of the nasty poison in this one.

Yet his last post in his favourite forum (soccer) is him being carded for calling someone childish and claiming that they can't read.
    Pointless discussing anything with you if you are going to be childish and so desperately seeking to look smart.

In my opinion that's a really stupid comment. It's like you can't read.

He's also being carded as recently as two days ago in another thread for making a similar comment.
    Your lack of reading skills comes shining through again. I'm high on the list due to my work. I'm saying I shouldn't be that high because of my work but I should be that high based on my underlying conditions. So no trying to jump the queue.

He's not the beacon of justice and politeness that he seems to think that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

https://twitter.com/sundae_gurl/status/1336467842481479681?s=21

How many days/weeks left for the number 1 spot

Number 3 spot taken yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭valoren

"The constitutional issue is not whether voters committed fraud but whether state officials violated the law by systematically loosening the measures for ballot inquiry so that fraud becomes undetectable” -a.k.a. "I can't prove that fraud happened therefore fraud happened". Imagine going to the Supreme Court and after being asked for evidence you tell them that the evidence exists but it is invisible. It's Judge Judy type stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He also tried to start a new thread about Biden because he thought that this thread was poison because people were very insulting.

Yet his last post in his favourite forum (soccer) is him being carded for calling someone childish and claiming that they can't read.

He's also being carded as recently as two days ago in another thread for making a similar comment.

He's not the beacon of justice and politeness that he seems to think that he is.

Mod:

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

valoren wrote: »
    "The constitutional issue is not whether voters committed fraud but whether state officials violated the law by systematically loosening the measures for ballot inquiry so that fraud becomes undetectable” -a.k.a. "I can't prove that fraud happened therefore fraud happened". Imagine going to the Supreme Court and after being asked for evidence you tell them that the evidence exists but it is invisible. It's Judge Judy type stuff.

If they're asking the US Supreme Court to invalidate tens of millions of ballots based on that, then they are even more deluded than I thought.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

valoren wrote: »

And also claiming that despite multiple other States introducing the same kinds of changes in the same kinds of ways , the only ones that you are concerned about are the ones where your guy lost.

Pathetically transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And also claiming that despite multiple other States introducing the same kinds of changes in the same kinds of ways , the only ones that you are concerned about are the ones where your guy lost.

Pathetically transparent.

That's the thing. Where are the claims about election officials in Iowa, Ohio, Texas and Florida? It'd be laughable if it wasn't so seriously pathetic and such a blatant attack on democracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

it just seems like trump being trump; trying to tie this up in litigation until there's nowhere else left to go.

He will never admit he lost. He'll just say the SC are part of the Deep State now.

Also it's a really bad look for these states to try and get other states votes invalidated; it's almost like they want to cause a civil war.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That's the thing. Where are the claims about election officials in Iowa, Ohio, Texas and Florida? It'd be laughable if it wasn't so seriously pathetic and such a blatant attack on democracy.

not to mention that the laws they are objecting to have been in place for a while. The time to object to them was BEFORE the election and a judge told them as such in a case in PA I think.

not to mention that the laws they are objecting to have been in place for a while. The time to object to them was BEFORE the election and a judge told them as such in a case in PA I think.

Exactly and from a legal standpoint that's a key reason why they are being dismissed almost immediately.

In PA , the law was changed almost 18 months ago and they ran the primaries under those rules and no one complained. That change explicitly provided a 180 day window to lodge Constitutional complaints , which of course didn't happen

Coming back now after you've lost isn't viable .

This is DOA and everyone knows it.

All that remains to be seen is how hard SCOTUS slaps it down.

Not that Paxton cares , he'll get what he wants out of it , namely a Pardon from Trump that he can wave around.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrumSteve wrote:
    Also it's a really bad look for these states to try and get other states votes invalidated; it's almost like they want to cause a civil war.
    This is the most important thing here I think.
    You can see these states looking for vengeance down the line. You can see people in these states pushing the independence line.
    I'm hoping Biden comes out with another unifying speech as soon as it's over. These cases are pathetic too, no chance of them having any success.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looking at the loonies on Twitter, the belief seems to be that the more lawsuits you have running, the more likely you are to win.

No doubt this has worked for Trump in the past when he has bullied small businesses or media into backing down with an avalanche of lawsuits, but it's irrelevant here.

Definitely getting the feeling though that the energy for the fight is dropping off. Trump & Co. will continue doing this so long as stupid people will give them free money, but pretty soon they'll just tail off leaving a load of people feeling very cheated that all of the promised court challeneges came to nothing.

This is the most important thing here I think.
    You can see these states looking for vengeance down the line. You can see people in these states pushing the independence line.
    I'm hoping Biden comes out with another unifying speech as soon as it's over. These cases are pathetic too, no chance of them having any success.

They would have more of a chance than a state succeeding, to do so they have three routes and none that look viable.
    The succession noise is normally from Texas which given it's history is ironic.

If you have the right vibrational frequency you can't get covid according to trump supporters

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1336341447721836549

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

More info about bidens defence pick.

https://youtu.be/MMrZ1qS-Xgg

Came across comments on Twitter yesterday, an interview with a dem senator, the senator voted against Mattis waiver, but will vote for Austin's waiver because........ The colour of his skin.. *facepalm.gif*

When one side starts breaking the norms of democracy it begins a process of ruining democracy, don't know which side broke the norms first, now they're both at it. Trump broke more norms, I'm wondering will Biden head down the same path. The talking point will be "well trump did it" so.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This is insane. Trump has made a personal motion to the Supreme Court asking them to essentially overturn the election in his favour. One of this first claims in the motion is that BS claim about Ohio and Florida:

This is a verifiable falsehood. Nixon won Florida and Ohio in 1960 but lost the election to JFK. He's now straight up lying to the Supreme Court.

Interesting reading in Trumps submission

In the contents he has a section called

"Additional Facts Facts"

They don't even proof their BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

More info about bidens defence pick.

https://youtu.be/MMrZ1qS-Xgg

Came across comments on Twitter yesterday, an interview with a dem senator, the senator voted against Mattis waiver, but will vote for Austin's waiver because........ The colour of his skin.. *facepalm.gif*

When one side starts breaking the norms of democracy it begins a process of ruining democracy, don't know which side broke the norms first, now they're both at it. Trump broke more norms, I'm wondering will Biden head down the same path. The talking point will be "well trump did it" so.

How, did appointing Mattis work out? Maybe he is doing so, because this guy isn't called Mad Dog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement