Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,545 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Came across comments on Twitter yesterday, an interview with a dem senator, the senator voted against Mattis waiver, but will vote for Austin's waiver because........ The colour of his skin.. *facepalm.gif*
    Well let's straighten.out this post.
    The issue was the waiver, it wasn't an issue with Mattis who was supported by 98 votes to 1 in the Senate to serve as Trump's Secretary of Defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well let's straighten.out this post.
    The issue was the waiver, it wasn't an issue with Mattis who was supported by 98 votes to 1 in the Senate to serve as Trump's Secretary of Defense.

Where did I say the wavier wasn't the issue? There is also another issue, lack of civilian control over the military..

I thought people working their way up through the military would seem like a good idea for promotion to def sec, but it clearly isn't as was pointed out in the link..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If you have the right vibrational frequency you can't get covid according to trump supporters

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1336341447721836549

“And I thought her that”

I love the way they are proud of their ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

How, did appointing Mattis work out? Maybe he is doing so, because this guy isn't called Mad Dog.

If I sat down and talked with him for a few hours, I'm sure mattis and I would struggle to find much of anything to agree on. He does however deserve credit for being an actual 'adult in the room' and if I recall was basically compelled to accept Trump's offer of the role due to military protocol.

He also went in record to point out the dangerous similarities between trumpism and Nazism in Germany, and deserves credit for that.

Where did I say the wavier wasn't the issue? There is also another issue, lack of civilian control over the military..

I thought people working their way up through the military would seem like a good idea for promotion to def sec, but it clearly isn't as was pointed out in the link..
    So Mattis got the job and I don't remember any major issues during his time in office. Somewhat odd that considering all the shenanigans over the last four years.
    Considering he did a good job why would people changing their mind as regards the waiver be a big deal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

“And I thought her that”

I love the way they are proud of their ignorance.

I taught the same ting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

DrumSteve wrote: »
    it just seems like trump being trump; trying to tie this up in litigation until there's nowhere else left to go.

He will never admit he lost. He'll just say the SC are part of the Deep State now.

Also it's a really bad look for these states to try and get other states votes invalidated; it's almost like they want to cause a civil war.

We're seeing the beginning of the end of the United States in my view. Trump is going to be even worse when out of office. He'll spend his time flitting between Fox News and the likes of OANN, undermining anything Biden tries to do and sowing more discord, for another run in 2024. Trumpism will end up taking the Union down in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Massive tweet storm in progress, must be trying to deflect from something

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »

It important to note that between all of these lost court cases , ALL of the "evidence" submitted by Ken Paxton is covered several times over.

The Texas case brings absolutely zero new evidence to the courts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Still has not copped the Irish lad in Germany changing his twitter handle.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1336678973980487681

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ChikiChiki wrote: »

He's not able to delete his tweets though, once he's made them they are recorded as presidential statements.

He might actually have enough self awareness to realise he's best just ignoring it in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    We're seeing the beginning of the end of the United States in my view. Trump is going to be even worse when out of office. He'll spend his time flitting between Fox News and the likes of OANN, undermining anything Biden tries to do and sowing more discord, for another run in 2024. Trumpism will end up taking the Union down in the end.
    I'm not sure why there seems to be such a wide assumption that not only Biden and the federal agencies, but individual states, will simply decide to just not even bother going after Trump despite the fact that even some of those who acquitted him of some of them ladt year openly admitted he committed those crimes.

PropJoe10 wrote:
    I disagree, we'll have a good man in the oval office who I believe can unite the nation.
    If all the major networks stop giving air time to Trump then the numbers following him will dwindle.
    I'd be very hopeful that by next summer very few will he talking about him, unless of course he's facing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I disagree, we'll have a good man in the oval office who I believe can unite the nation.
    If all the major networks stop giving air time to Trump then the numbers following him will dwindle.
    I'd be very hopeful that by next summer very few will he talking about him, unless of course he's facing charges.

Is this the good man that you claimed multiple times had dementia?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Sadly - None of that will happen.

75% of Republicans currently believe that the Election was fraudulent. Biden isn't going to change their minds , nor is SCOTUS telling Trump to get stuffed in the next few days.

Fox News will continue to beat the drum endlessly, if only to defend themselves from NewsMax and OANN etc.

A big test for Fox will be if Trump does as has been suggested and holds some kind of "counter-rally" to compete with the Inauguration event. Which will they show , will they split screen it?

The other networks won't carry it live , but they will talk about it endlessly on their shows that night and in subsequent days.

Trump will remain in the news , he will remain newsworthy after all , even if the news is him fighting court cases.

Whilst the demise of the US is overstated , they will never return to the Global leadership position they held. Their Soft power is completely gone and is unlikely to return any time soon.

Other countries will be far more accepting of Biden , but they will always be thinking "That's nice Joe , but what about the next guy - What the hell are they going to do??"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If this was just a ridiculous Trump nonsense backed up by Guiliani and a few other clowns it would be a humorous distraction, nothing more.

But the court cases taken by Texas against other states show the corrosive and dangerous side of Trumpism. His support is significant, worryingly so.

I think we tend to think of Trump as a Gemma O'Doherty type loon (which he is) the difference is Trump has a lot of support in the US while Gemma is just a joke here with a handful of followers.

Trump might eventually go away but his caustic legacy is here to stay.

Is this the good man that you claimed multiple times had dementia?
    I never claimed he 'had' dementia, I had concerns, and we've been through this before. Go find where we went through it all before. I'm certainly not going into it again and again. I'm sure the mods don't want it either as I remember them telling everybody to move on.
    I also said I had no concerns about it after the first debate. I admitted I was wrong to call him a poor candidate after he was elected and spoke about working for all Americans and not just those who voted for him.
    I'm well capable of admitting when I'm wrong because I realise I'm a human and we do get things wrong.

joe40 wrote: »
    If this was just a ridiculous Trump nonsense backed up by Guiliani and a few other clowns it would be a humorous distraction, nothing more.

But the court cases taken by Texas against other states show the corrosive and dangerous side of Trumpism. His support is significant, worryingly so.

I think we tend to think of Trump as a Gemma O'Doherty type loon (which he is) the difference is Trump has a lot of support in the US while Gemma is just a joke here with a handful of followers.

Exactly , Trump is just a visceral manifestation of a much large , far more worrying underlying problem.

joe40 wrote:
    Texas shouldn't be meddling in the affairs of other states and it'll come back to haunt them. You can be sure if that.
    I can imagine these states getting together to set up an enterprise fund to rivals that of Texas. There'll definitely be some sort of payback.
    joe40 wrote:
    I never thought of him that way, far too much money around him and too many allegiances with rich, evil people.
    joe40 wrote:
    It's about taking it out of the media. For sure there'll be a group left behind but they depend on media to keep numbers up and the funds pouring in.

• Advertisement

I think that's all wishful thinking. No matter what, Trump is absolute box office for right-wing media, which has been backed up by his election result (75 million votes). There's no way that he won't get airtime. And Trump airtime can only mean destruction for the future of the country.

The inevitable slapdown by the SCOTUS of this new lawsuit will only drag them into the "deep state" mud. And you need to bear in mind that a large, large percentage of the population believe everything that Trump says. He's systematically destroying belief in the institutions of the country and there's really nothing that's going to stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump sure doesn’t want you seeing this video boasting about their ties to China

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1337048230421520390?s=21

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Trump also seemed to be suggesting he was getting the vaccine to Germany. That would be the one developed in Germany, with German funding by the German company BioNtech, or the one developed by Oxford Astra-Zeneca in the UK?

You couldn't trust Biden a short while ago

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112905585&postcount=3434

"Yes, because I've seen Biden not in office do careless and clueless things. I've seen him on numerous occasions look like he is in the early throws of dementia too.
    No way I could trust him"

The only way trump is going to be out of the news is when he's either jailed or dead, and even in both those cases ypu'll still hear about the crap he and his administration pulled

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »

Pretty much flagged as happening months ago, but at least on the record now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trumps legal team made up quotes from cases they referenced. That is either gross incompetence or just plain fraud. Bar sanctions have to follow from this. at the very least the judge should hold them in contempt.

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/1336890693210533894

Trumps legal team made up quotes from cases they referenced. That is either gross incompetence or just plain fraud. Bar sanctions have to follow from this. at the very least the judge should hold them in contempt.

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/1336890693210533894

Can charges be brought against individuals or groups for continually wasting hours of court time, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Is that you Lindsey Graham?

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Can charges be brought against individuals or groups for continually wasting hours of court time, I wonder?
    Not as far as I'm aware, as pointed out in the post you quoted the judge could hold them in content.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement