Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Why would you say that?

First female VP.
    First Person of Colour elected VP.
    Part of the ticket to win the most votes in any Presidential Election ever.
    Landslide victory against an incumbent President which is very rare, only 10 have lost in their re-election campaign.

I'm sure there's more that I could list those are just off the top of my head.

Fair point when it list it like that. At the same time Biden chose her. She didn't really "achieve " anything. Unless you feel Biden wouldn't have won the election with a white Male on the ticket. That she swung it for him. I think Biden could have chosen Dustin the turkey as running mate and still won

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Donny had a white male on his ticket and didn't win....

Easy to see who the biggest loser is

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ohhhh and the mask slips a little more.

that mask was on the floor a long time ago.

salmocab wrote: »
    He called her your one Harris before going back to edit it. It’s really bothering him that she won an absolute nothing award.

Correct. I wrote "your one Harris". A poster said it was childish. I thought about it and agreed so I changed it.

Il leave the childishness such as poo poo jokes to others.

All good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Fair point when it list it like that. At the same time Biden chose her. She didn't really "achieve " anything. Unless you feel Biden wouldn't have won the election with a white Male on the ticket. That she swung it for him. I think Biden could have chosen Dustin the turkey as running mate and still won

I don't think he would have won without her, I think a lot of people who were energised to go out and vote for Biden wouldn't have bothered voting were it not for Harris.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I don't think he would have won without her, I think a lot of people who were energised to go out and vote for Biden wouldn't have bothered voting were it not for Harris.

Maybe so. Biden wasnt/isn't a great candidate. He is no doubt better for America than Trump and is definitely not a radical in any way. Where as Harris might appeal to more left sided citizens.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,654 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Maybe so. Biden wasnt/isn't a great candidate. He is no doubt better for America than Trump and is definitely not a radical in any way. Where as Harris might appeal to more left sided citizens.

Harris has that appeal to the left due to her heritage and 'minority done good' aspect, but also to the right due to her Conservative politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Correct. I wrote "your one Harris". A poster said it was childish. I thought about it and agreed so I changed it.

Il leave the childishness such as poo poo jokes to others.

All good

Fine. But why did you feel the need to call out Biden and Harris winning, what is essentially, a meaningless award?

You can acknowledge the amazing achievements of Harris can't you? Whatever your political views, to be not only the 1st female VP, but be one of colour as well, is quite staggering.

Add to that, given Bidens age, it is not unreasonable to foresee that Harris may be called upon to act as POTUS, if not fully take over. The voters were well aware of that - the GOP made sure of that - so people have effectively endorsed a female is possible to become POTUS.

That is, in the context of the US, quite a staggering achievement.

What is your issue with them getting the award exactly?

Maybe a bit of tokenism for the year that's in it?

It's a pretty notable event, particularly when the sitting President has actively inflamed racial tensions.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Fine. But why did you feel the need to call out Biden and Harris winning, what is essentially, a meaningless award?

You can acknowledge the amazing achievements of Harris can't you? Whatever your political views, to be not only the 1st female VP, but be one of colour as well, is quite staggering.

Add to that, given Bidens age, it is not unreasonable to foresee that Harris may be called upon to act as POTUS, if not fully take over. The voters were well aware of that - the GOP made sure of that - so people have effectively endorsed a female is possible to become POTUS.

That is, in the context of the US, quite a staggering achievement.

What is your issue with them getting the award exactly?

sure didn't she sleep her way to the top according to one poster here so why should she get any credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Speaking of which; where has Mike gone?

Thought he'd be lock step behind Don in his fraud claims.

He's disappeared completely.

Would you blame him? I'm sure he's concerned about his future career. Haven't seen sight nor sign of him for at least a week.

Surely the definition of a great candidate is one that wins the election? If Biden is not a great candidate then Trump is possibly the worst POTUS to ever seek re-election since he couldn't win against such a dismal alternative.

Or you finally coming around to seeing just how terrible Trump 2020 was? It is a failure of epic proportions. People, rightly, called into question the DNC selection of HC and the way she handled her campaign.

The same must now be asked of the GOP and Trump. How did he manage to screw this up so badly?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Harris has that appeal to the left due to her heritage and 'minority done good' aspect, but also to the right due to her Conservative politics.

She is the first of what is sure to be many "minority " officials. As with Us demographics the minorities are on track to become the majority.

Here's a stat:

Population growth is fastest among minorities as a whole, and according to the Census Bureau's estimation for 2020, 50% of U.S. children under the age of 18 are members of ethnic minority groups

sydthebeat wrote: »

She is the first of what is sure to be many "minority " officials. As with Us demographics the minorities are on track to become the majority.

Here's a stat:

Population growth is fastest among minorities as a whole, and according to the Census Bureau's estimation for 2020, 50% of U.S. children under the age of 18 are members of ethnic minority groups

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Would you blame him? I'm sure he's concerned about his future career. Haven't seen sight nor sign of him for at least a week.

I think he out at a rally the last day or so. Certainly he was talking about the Texas state case against other states so must have been this week.

Here's a stat:

And? You've posted a stat but clearly have a view that you're not expressing...

Surely the definition of a great candidate is one that wins the election? If Biden is not a great candidate then Trump is possibly the worst POTUS to ever seek re-election since he couldn't win against such a dismal alternative.

Or you finally coming around to seeing just how terrible Trump 2020 was? It is a failure of epic proportions. People, rightly, called into question the DNC selection of HC and the way she handled her campaign.

The same must now be asked of the GOP and Trump. How did he manage to screw this up so badly?

Indeed. Trump was disliked more than Biden. That's politics nowadays. This guy is crap but the other guy is worse. Il vote for the least crap.

It's not like the Obama situation where people genuinely hot behind him and his "yes we can " campaign. He was a good politician.

Here's a stat:

So your argument is that since others are bound to follow, then her achievement is not noteworthy?

Sure it almost of if it is amazing that white people, white men in particular, get any positions of power at all!

Biden beat an incumbent president by 7M votes and receives more votes than other candidate ever so that makes him a fantastic candidate. the margin of victory is beyond anybody's wildest dreams.

Indeed. Trump was disliked more than Biden. That's politics nowadays. This guy is crap but the other guy is worse. Il vote for the least crap

Except that you continue to support the most crap! At least you acknowledge it I suppose.

And by saying disliked, you try to make it emotional. Trump was a terrible POTUS. Acheived nothing, president over the worst disaster to hit the US and did nothing to contain it, nothing to aid people, nothing except look for pity.

He wasted billions on a tax giveaway that achieved much less than was promised, doesn't come anywhere close to paying for itself. He, even before COVID, had lef the US in a much worse state financial, politically, socially then when he took over. He destroyed US soft power. He let China walk all over him. Did nothing to rein in Russia.

Set back climate change policies for years.

He didn't lose because people disliked him a bit more than Biden. He lost because he was a complete failure at the job. People saw that and voted him out.

• Advertisement

Biden beat an incumbent president by 7M votes and receives more votes than other candidate ever so that makes him a fantastic candidate. the margin of victory is beyond anybody's wildest dreams.

Going by that logic Trump got more voted than Obama so Trump is better than Obama

So your argument is that since others are bound to follow, then her achievement is not noteworthy?

Sure it almost of if it is amazing that white people, white men in particular, get any positions of power at all!

She is the first of many and nobody voted for her. Biden chose her. Polls had Biden winning every time before he picked his vp. As I said Biden would have won even had he chose Dustin the turkey.

Going by that logic Trump got more voted than Obama so Trump is better than Obama

I didnt realise trump ran against obama. when did that happen?

She is the first of many and nobody voted for her. Biden chose her. Polls had Biden winning every time before he picked his vp. As I said Biden would have won even had he chose Dustin the turkey.

would these be the same polls that every trump poster on here (including you, I'm sure) was telling us were wrong?

would these be the same polls that every trump poster on here (including you, I'm sure) was telling us were wrong?

Including me? You are guessing there.

Real polls. You know it and I know it. They all had Biden winning comfortably. And he did. VP pick was box ticking. All female press team is box ticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,545 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have you proof he's a Trump supporter? I don't remember him ever saying he was/is a Trumo supporter.

Just to be clear, I'm not supporting any of his views, just asking a genuine question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I'm delighted Biden won. He wasn't a great candidate and its an inditement of the Democratic party that they could not find any safe candidate that was more inspiring than Biden.

Suggesting the margin of victory is beyond anyone's wildest dreams is far off the mark. There was plenty of reason to hope that a much larger number of traditional republican voters may have decided enough was enough with trump. *edit for clarity*. That didn't happen to any meaningful degree.
    There was plenty of reason to hope that he could take Florida but he underperformed greatly there.
    There was plenty of reason to hope he would bring along others on the ballot sheet and help ensure a senate majority, but the Democrats find themselves with only an outside chance of gaining control in the senate with the Georgia runoffs to come.
    The Democrats are left with a lot to ponder after this election, and I doubt many of them are viewing the election results as being beyond their wildest dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Including me? You are guessing there.

Real polls. You know it and I know it. They all had Biden winning comfortably. And he did. VP pick was box ticking. All female press team is box ticking.

What do you mean box ticking?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/DefendScience

Jones has again changed the GoFundMe target. Down to 500,000 dollars now and a big explainer/disclaimer added. Currently standing at 225k
    Interesting

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have you proof he's a Trump supporter? I don't remember him ever saying he was/is a Trumo supporter.

Just to be clear, I'm not supporting any of his views, just asking a genuine question.

yeah, sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement