Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump's the first candidate in modern American history to have refused to concede a presidential election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

eagle eye wrote: »
    I can see it all.hapoening very quickly today. Trump wins Pennsylvania early, Trump concedes and Biden makes his acceptance speech all before 5pm Irish time.
    They don't want to get in the way of college football and lose millions of viewers.

oh god no!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

astrofool wrote:
    oh god no!
    Don't panic it was a typo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

briany wrote: »
    Trump's the first candidate in modern American history to have refused to concede a presidential election.

He'd probably be the first to concede before the tv networks called it too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You don't understand how big college football is. There'll be very few watching once it starts at noon eastern time.

Interestingly enough college football and NFL ratings are down significantly on 2019. People assumed that with limited crowds attending that ratings would go through the roof but it's actually been the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Didn't team Biden say they wouldn't concede either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I can't see them calling it before the majority of America are up.

I read somewhere there is a big dump of votes in Pennsylvania due around 2pm (our time). That would be a good time to call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Unbelievable how the fragile ego of one man (and his riled up supporters) has created a situation where no one is willing to declare what seems to be the obvious fact that there is no mathematical doubt that Biden will win.

It’s proper third world banana republic stuff.

Trump really dragging the institutions and principles of American democracy through the mud. That’s his legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

You don't understand how big college football is. There'll be very few watching once it starts at noon eastern time.

I don't, but I have an inkling.. games can have a 100,000 at games?? And many millions more viewing..

But Donnie is Donnie.

We'll see, I'm wanting this to be called. I think it's best for the country it's the best route for Donnie himself. He's been beaten, time to accept.

Trump declared himself a victor, I would imagine Biden would have conceded had something drastically changed. However it has not so would be odd to concede...

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote:
    Interestingly enough college football and NFL ratings are down significantly on 2019. People assumed that with limited crowds attending that ratings would go through the roof but it's actually been the opposite.
    Have you a link to that?
    Just I'm suspecting this is overall viewership figures. The Big Ten only kicked off two weeks ago, pac 12 this week and there's been many games cancelled due to covid-19 outbreaks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Probably a sensible approach for a team that's on track to win the election.

Counting back underway in Pennsylvania, CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Donald is not losing this election!

You'd be gullible to think he will not be President next year.

He goes to Supreme court and they discount the illegal mail in ballots.

Best case for Biden there'll be a re-election next year in the spring and it is clear as day Trump will take it.

I fell asleep last night with Sky News on as background noise. When I awoke briefly in the middle of the night, I saw Biden giving yet another speech about the election. Think he should go to ground until such time as he's confident he can officially declare victory.

Also, would having a public victory rally even be a good idea? Too many Trump crazies knocking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There'll be a re-election next year in the spring and Trump will take it.

Elaborate please :)

(this should be fun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyway as long as it's still active in the courts it means TV networks calling it makes no consequential difference to what's happening. It's not meant to be an exact parallel, but I'm pretty sure they didn't maintain their claim that either candidate was the president elect while recounts and litigation were happening in Florida in 2000.

As an aside, what are the chances of having this many state counts being this close? Has it ever happened in US election history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I can't see him admitting defeat. He doesn't seem capable.
    He'll be crying fraud well after Biden being swore in.

There will, me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Uuhh..

• Advertisement

You need to put in a couple of smilies or people will think you are serious and delusional. :D

Have you a link to that?
    Just I'm suspecting this is overall viewership figures. The Big Ten only kicked off two weeks ago, pac 12 this week and there's been many games cancelled due to covid-19 outbreaks.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Mostly down across the board with a few exceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Best case for Biden there'll be a re-election next year in the spring and it is clear as day Trump will take it.

Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,955 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There'll be an election next year and Trump will be President next year.

The election will be the Georgia Senate run-off in early January, and Trump will be President next year until Jan 20th when Biden is inaugurated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

There's a little thing called covid-19 affecting things.

What's your point?

Proportionally more people doing COVID procedures would be fine. But it's funny how in high democratic areas there have been fewer staff.

Want to talk about COVID? Ok how about:

-Encouraging more people to use the postal system would be fine (instead of forcing people out the door to allow you to create a false narrative if fraud)

-Allowing these posted COVID votes to be counted first

-Not encouraging more people to gather in groups to intimidate voting staff and voters

-Not accepting defeat (and he won't if it happens) and allowing people to move on and deal with the COVID situation.

Ok last one is speculation as it isn't called yet, but all signs point to a defeat and him digging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,613 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How many "illegal mail in ballots" are there? What's the precedent for removing votes?
    How do you see this panning out in court?
    What evidence will they bring to court to show there are "illegal mail in ballots"? Seeing as every challenge so far has been laughed out of court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Which ilegal mail in ballots??

Under what provision and why could there be a re-election and how is it clear that Trump would take it and lastly what are you on?

The only part of this post that is correct is that Trump will be President next year, well until noon on January 20th anyway. The rest of it is utter nonsense.

Nearly 20 million more votes versus 16 and still 8% of the vote to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well that last part is a new one, I'll give you that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement