Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    I'm delighted Biden won. He wasn't a great candidate and its an inditement of the Democratic party that they could not find any safe candidate that was more inspiring than Biden.

Suggesting the margin of victory is beyond anyone's wildest dreams is far off the mark. There was plenty of reason to hope that a much larger number of traditional republican voters may have decided enough was enough with trump.
    There was plenty of reason to hope that he could take Florida but he underperformed greatly there.
    There was plenty of reason to hope he would bring along others on the ballot sheet and help ensure a senate majority, but the Democrats find themselves with only an outside chance of gaining control in the senate with the Georgia runoffs to come.
    The Democrats are left with a lot to ponder after this election, and I doubt many of them are viewing the election results as being beyond their wildest dreams.

trump increased his vote count. republicans did not desert him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

trump increased his vote count. republicans did not desert him.

Agreed. That's why I said that the Democrats have a lot to ponder.

Including me? You are guessing there.

Real polls. You know it and I know it. They all had Biden winning comfortably. And he did. VP pick was box ticking. All female press team is box ticking.

in your mind I'm sure that is true. No women could ever be picked on merit, amirite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

in your mind I'm sure that is true. No women could ever be picked on merit, amirite?

Biden announced he would be picking a female candidate long before he chose which one from from the shortlist.

Why would he announce such a thing? If it was truly on merit he would have just chosen without first saying it would only be a female

Where merit is concerned gender shouldn't even be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Including me? You are guessing there.

Real polls. You know it and I know it. They all had Biden winning comfortably. And he did. VP pick was box ticking. All female press team is box ticking.

Aren't all VPs a box ticking exercise?

The candidate will pick a running mate to compliment his or her shortcomings i.e. identify boxes that need ticking and then select a running mate who ticks those boxes.

Its then up to the people to decide if that ticket is worthy of the the job, which in this case more people did than ever before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

https://www.gofundme.com/f/DefendScience

Jones has again changed the GoFundMe target. Down to 500,000 dollars now and a big explainer/disclaimer added. Currently standing at 225k
    Interesting

Think you need to explain exactly how you are expressing the word "interesting" there so we can fully gauge the context of your comment.

Wouldn't want you to come back after a few pages of back and forth of you making suggestions of there being something sinister going on, to then claim that you just said "interesting" in a non suspicious manner.

Save us all a few pages of arguing, and you making unfounded accusations, and explain your comment before we waste our time more than necessary.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Aren't all VPs a box ticking exercise?

The candidate will pick a running mate to compliment his or her shortcomings i.e. identify boxes that need ticking and then select a running mate who ticks those boxes.

Its then up to the people to decide if that ticket is worthy of the the job, which in this case more people did than ever before.

Yes. Again a fair point from yourself.

Its box ticking choosing Harris. So why did she win time person of the year? Because Biden chose her to be VP?

The fact that she is the first female etc is coincidence not the reason or was she only chosen because of her gender and skin colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Christy42

Biden announced he would be picking a female candidate long before he chose which one from from the shortlist.

Why would he announce such a thing? If it was truly on merit he would have just chosen without first saying it would only be a female

Where merit is concerned gender shouldn't even be an issue.

I would note that Pence and Bidens's gender and race where part of why they were picked. And whoever Hillary picked as well.

Normally VP choices are safe which roughly translates to white old men. McCain bucked the trend as he needed to catch up and so tried to appeal to the Tea Party with Palin.

robinph wrote: »
    Think you need to explain exactly how you are expressing the word "interesting" there so we can fully gauge the context of your comment.

Wouldn't want you to come back after a few pages of back and forth of you making suggestions of there being something sinister going on, to then claim that you just said "interesting" in a non suspicious manner.

Save us all a few pages of arguing, and you making unfounded accusations, and explain your comment before we waste our time more than necessary.

Interesting that she has for the third time changed her go fund me target from 150k to 1 million and now 500k and has felt the need to write a big explainer at 500k. Seems like people are taking an interest to where their donations might be used. Something is going on behind the scenes.
    It's a lot of money and no charges have been laid.

I dont want to argue about it. There isnt anything to argue about. The link is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,542 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

yeah, sure.

What does that mean? Do you have proof he's a Trump supporter or not?

• Advertisement

Interesting that she has for the third time changed her go fund me target from 150k to 1 million and now 500k and has felt the need to write a big explainer at 500k. Seems like people are taking an interest to where their donations might be used. Something is going on behind the scenes.

I dont want to argue about it. There isnt anything to argue about. The link is there.

This is a discussion board. Either come for the discussion or don't post. Coming in vaguely hinting at a post and then saying you don't want to discuss it with anyone is just not a good luck. Make a point or don't.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What does that mean? Do you have proof he's a Trump supporter or not?

it means i have no interest in any discussion with you.

it means i have no interest in any discussion with you.
    Yet you decide to put up accusations against me which are false.
    Now you've put up an accusation about another poster and you won't back it up.
    And then at any opportunity you are up in arms with any poster holding different views to you who posts something without proof.
    Who's the hypocrite?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So do you mean "interesting, nudge, nudge, wink, wink" or do you mean "it's great to see someone being so open and transparent about their intentions for the moneys being raised and what they will be used for"?

What is interesting you specifically?

Christy42 wrote: »
    This is a discussion board. Either come for the discussion or don't post. Coming in vaguely hinting at a post and then saying you don't want to discuss it with anyone is just not a good luck. Make a point or don't.

Excuse me?

I posted and also posted an explanation at his request .He stated he didn't want pages of arguments. Neither do I.

There is no vagueness. Thanks

robinph wrote: »
    So do you mean "interesting, nudge, nudge, wink, wink" or do you mean "it's great to see someone being so open and transparent about their intentions for the moneys being raised and what they will be used for"?

What is interesting you specifically?

I'm not writing it a third time. All of the information and my opinion is in the post you replied to. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Maybe a bit of tokenism for the year that's in it?

Way to keep it classy.

Yet you decide to put up accusations against me which are false.
    Now you've put up an accusation about another poster and you won't back it up.
    And then at any opportunity you are up in arms with any poster holding different views to you who posts something without proof.
    Who's the hypocrite?

take the hint. it wasnt subtle.

I'm not writing it a third time. All of the information and my opinion is in the post you replied to. Thanks

In that case. No it's not particularly interesting that the target has been changed and explainers added just makes sense that the campaign would be updated to have more details compared to what it had on the morning of the raid.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/DefendScience

Jones has again changed the GoFundMe target. Down to 500,000 dollars now and a big explainer/disclaimer added. Currently standing at 225k
    Interesting

Are you still claiming she's grifting... Pretty clear that she isn't.

• Advertisement

take the hint. it wasnt subtle.

So then it's ok for you to accuse others of things without proof and you don't have to back it up.
    Well I'll keep that in mind moving forward and bring it up everytime you go after somebody.

So then it's ok for you to accuse others of things without proof and you don't have to back it up.
    Well I'll keep that in mind moving forward and bring it up everytime you go after somebody.

work away. i wont be seeing them

Are you still claiming she's grifting... Pretty clear that she isn't.

I'm willing to hold judgement as the case (if there is one) unfolds.

There is a quarter of a million donated dollars (so far) in the kitty to fight a court case and pay legal fees for charges that have yet to be laid

I'm sceptical but happy to be proved wrong

Excuse me?

I posted and also posted an explanation at his request .He stated he didn't want pages of arguments. Neither do I.

So what exactly is the "something going on behind the scenes" then. Please expand on your theories, don't leave us hanging?

Excuse me?

"something is going on" isn't vague? You keep alluding Tót he fact that no charges have been brought. That does not seem to be her decision and so is not relevant to the go fund me. From her point of view charges would seem pretty likely after a police raid with guns drawn and taking all equipment.

If you don't want to discuss it you are free not to post on the topic.

Christy42 wrote: »
    "something is going on" isn't vague? You keep alluding Tót he fact that no charges have been brought. That does not seem to be her decision and so is not relevant to the go fund me. From her point of view charges would seem pretty likely after a police raid with guns drawn and taking all equipment.

If you don't want to discuss it you are free not to post on the topic.

Charges would be likely if she committed a crime. Did she commit a crime?

If not then she shouldn't be looking for donations as there wont be charges. On the other hand if she did commit a crime then people are being asked to donate to a potential federal law breaker.

Which is it do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If not then she shouldn't be looking for donations as there wont be charges. On the other hand if she did commit a crime then people are being asked to donate to a potential federal law breaker.

So nobody has ever been charged without committing a crime?

you do realise they also charge innocent people as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »

Of course. However they have her equipment so if she did there will be evidence.

She did refuse to answer the door for 23 mins so may have been trying to delete evidence but I'm sure they will be able to recover it . If it exists of course.

A quarter of a million dollars and counting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement