Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Donald is not losing this election!

You'd be gullible to think he will not be President next year.

He goes to Supreme court and they discount the illegal mail in ballots.

Best case for Biden there'll be a re-election next year in the spring and it is clear as day Trump will take it.

#BringBackBrains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

morning all. afternoon?

5cd35b9c2300003000b75eb3.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

If Trump decided to burn down the White House, how long would it take for the fire brigades to get there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Anyway as long as it's still active in the courts it means TV networks calling it makes no consequential difference to what's happening. It's not meant to be an exact parallel, but I'm pretty sure they didn't maintain their claim that either candidate was the president elect while recounts and litigation were happening in Florida in 2000.

As an aside, what are the chances of having this many state counts being this close? Has it ever happened in US election history?

These are vexatious litigation efforts and the margins way exceed the 1500 votes changed in the Wisconsin recount in 2016, Georgia excepted.

It’s time to declare a President elect and to move his transition team into place. Trump fans can cling to his lack of class all they like, but he has lost this election.

I expect networks to make calls once Biden’s lead moves beyond 0.5% in Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

namloc1980 wrote:
    Mostly down across the board with a few exceptions.
    Very confusing, only comparisons they make are Notre Dame games which would obviously be lower compared to the two huge games from last season which they compare to.
    It's hard to know if those games are compared to the same fixtures from last season or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

robinph wrote: »
    The counts are being done by county, not state. But some of those counties will be bigger physically than Ireland and others will have larger populations.
    1929222973-pedanticoo6.jpg

No U.S. county is bigger than Ireland by area and only two are by population (the ones containing LA and Chicago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭briany

Cool fact: 33 million postal ballots were cast in 2016.

If postal votes are open to the kind of Democrat fraud that Trumpists are alleging, and given the tight margins that Trump won key states by in 2016, you'd think that that number of postal votes would have offered scope for plenty of shenanigans.

But this didn't happen.

Or if you want to say it did happen and it's what allowed Hillary to win the popular vote, as Trump claimed, no evidence of this was ever found.

km991148 wrote:
    What's your point?
    My point is that covid-19 means social distancing and less space for counters than normal.
    It would have made a lot of sense to make the whole thing mail in.
    I didn't quite your list because there's no disagreement from me on your points.
    Trump is an absolute disgrace, thankfully it's nearly over.

Anyway as long as it's still active in the courts it means TV networks calling it makes no consequential difference to what's happening. It's not meant to be an exact parallel, but I'm pretty sure they didn't maintain their claim that either candidate was the president elect while recounts and litigation were happening in Florida in 2000.

As an aside, what are the chances of having this many state counts being this close? Has it ever happened in US election history?
    Thing is, those court cases are not gonna be viewed as remotely credible by any parties. They've yet to demonstrate an actual case. On top of that they've previously claimed fraud and didn't prove it that time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Best case for Biden there'll be a re-election next year in the spring and it is clear as day Trump will take it.

We have a live one here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If Trump decided to burn down the White House, how long would it take for the fire brigades to get there?

Who will be Gandalf and Pippin to his Denethor?

ETKXK5IWAAQklxl?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

eagle eye wrote: »
    My point is that covid-19 means social distancing and less space for counters than normal.
    It would have made a lot of sense to make the whole thing mail in.
    I didn't quite your list because there's no disagreement from me on your points.
    Trump is an absolute disgrace, thankfully it's nearly over.

Ye sorry, I came across a bit harsh against you.

I was gonna edit it, but I don't like doing that as it looks like I'm rewriting history.

I'll apologise instead and leave my points as they are because they are valid (even if you are not arguing against them!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

briany wrote: »
    Cool fact: 33 million postal ballots were cast in 2016.

If postal votes are open to the kind of Democrat fraud that Trumpists are alleging, and given the tight margins that Trump won key states by in 2016, you'd think that that number of postal votes would have offered scope for plenty of shenanigans.

But this didn't happen.

Or if you want to say it did happen and it's what allowed Hillary to win the popular vote, as Trump claimed, no evidence of this was ever found.

I'm personally looking forward to the Trump team's lawsuits in the likes of Ohio, where the postal ballots were counted first but Trump still won. I'm sure they'll be just as keen to ensure that there was no dodgy vote counting there as they are in Pennsylvania.

Or maybe not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No U.S. county is bigger than Ireland by area and only two are by population (the ones containing LA and Chicago)

Are we including Alaska? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Republican Charlie Dent on CNN saying no evidence of any nefarious goings-on with the count in Philadelphia or across Pennsylvania. A few sane voices coming through at least.

Thing is, those court cases are not gonna be viewed as remotely credible by any parties. They've yet to demonstrate an actual case. On top of that they've previously claimed fraud and didn't prove it that time either.
    Court cases will be dropoec. He'll concede today. He knows he's a beaten docket now. Losing Pennsylvania ends it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,526 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"There were illegal ballots! I should win!"
    "Have you any proof?"
    "No."
    "We believe you - congratulations, Mr. President!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

As someone else said with another poster, charity bet?

km991148 wrote:
    I'll apologise instead and leave my points as they are because they are valid (even if you are not arguing against them!).
    You said it well, I've no issue with your post.

The only thing they will achieve is more division as for some people there will always be a question mark (despite a lack of evidence) over Bidens presidency.

Like anyone who has encountered a narcissist in real life, it's just taking one last dump over everything before they are gone (hopefully for good).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

At least his supporters will back him up and say he needs to rebuild from the ground up and build a bigger better white house (Trump house)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

eagle eye wrote: »
    Court cases will be dropoec. He'll concede today. He knows he's a beaten docket now. Losing Pennsylvania ends it.

I can't see him conceding. He's incapable of admitting he lost.

KilOit wrote: »
    At least his supporters will back him up and say he needs to rebuild from the ground up and build a bigger better white house (Trump house)

Lol, Imagine him buying up the closest but of land to Pennsylvania ave and doing that.

The gold house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭maebee

Bring Back Mick's Brain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »

He's genuinely like a toddler. He wants to win, therefore he will win as long as he stamps his foot enough. There's no reasoning with that.

The adults are going to have to step in.

namloc1980 wrote: »

Not a chance of backing down. A series of failed law suits and going out in a meltdown of blame and paranoid attacks. All the bitterness and blame is coming. I just hope someone is able to stop it spilling over into riots on the streets.

There has been enough collateral damage already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cnn saying more results due in PA very soon....hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

In fairness to Trump and his supporters, the swing in voting has been massive. From winning 60%-70% of the in person votes to only getting 10%-20% of the postal votes is a massive swing.

I know it was flagged in advance that the Dems would win the majority of postal votes but did anyone think it would be this severe? I know there are other factors at play too (rural v urban, Trump instructing voters to go in person and Dems saying the opposite).

Let me be clear, I don’t think for a second there is widespread fraud or fraud on any great scale. I think it’s a combination of the above and the fact that we’re in the middle of a pandemic so we’re dealing with a situation and trends that are unprecedented.

But if you’re wired the way Trump is and if you want to believe there is a conspiracy, I can see how you could believe it. What’s happening at the moment is very unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm not sure of all the different cases but Justice Alito's order in Pennsylvania is relevant and the Republican request was deemed credible by the court and not complied with, hence Alito's order.

I'm not saying anything about the outcome of the cases, just that I think you might not see Pennsylvania being called even if it does get over the 0.5% difference like some are saying.

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote:
    Not a chance of backing down. A series of failed law suits and going out in a meltdown of blame and paranoid attacks. All the bitterness and blame is coming. I just hope someone is able to stop it spilling over into riots on the streets.

There has been enough collateral damage already.
    His backers are dwindling rapidly. He has no choice but to concede.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement