Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Judging by the forceful and begging nature of the emails sent by his campaign team, it would suggest not. Although, maybe they do and that's just another grift to add to the coffers.

It's one last grift by the Trump's while in the White House. More than half of any donation will actually go towards paying down campaign debt. Absolute charlatans of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

DeanAustin wrote: »

The unprecedented nature of the voting patterns are always going to be enough to fuel a conspiracy theory.

He is only claiming fraud etc because he is loosing. If he lost it by a country mile he would still be claiming a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

You’ve just said in 12 words what it took me 3 paragraphs to say...

I could probably have cut it shorter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

several glitches now. there is going to a hand ballot recount in battle states. the supreme Court will back this.
    zerohedge de source on first part my opinion 2nd part

So both sources absolute nonsense pulled out of someone's arse.

I guess at least yours isn't from a good ponzi-scheme site in Belarus.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In some places yesterday, Biden was getting 80%-90% of counts. On the face of it, thats incredible in a two horse race between two evenly matched opponents. Again, I’ll be clear, I don’t think there is any fraud but it’s unprecedented.

The unprecedented nature of the voting patterns are always going to be enough to fuel a conspiracy theory.

When you look at the overall Elections and compare the Presidential race to the down ballot results what is absolutely evident is that the "Never Trumpers" , Lincoln Project et al had a significant impact.

Clearly there has been a pretty substantial block of people that voted for Biden , but chose GOP candidates for the House and Senate.

Those are clearly Traditional GOP voters that had enough of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

In some places yesterday, Biden was getting 80%-90% of counts. On the face of it, thats incredible in a two horse race between two evenly matched opponents. Again, I’ll be clear, I don’t think there is any fraud but it’s unprecedented.

They are fairly evenly matched nationwide, but some counties are extremely pro-Trump and others extremely pro-Biden. It's not at all unprecedented that a candidate might get 80-90 percent of votes in an especially partisan county, but then have that balanced out on a nationwide level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

eagle eye wrote: »
    No way

Biden is going to lose.

I was late getting up Wednesday morning after watching coverage until 4.30am the night before.
    My wife informs me that her American friends are all upset because Trump is going to win the election. I started laughing and told her Trump hasn't an earthly......

Biden is going to win.

...actually at this stage it's impossible for him to lose.

TRUMP has lost (obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Is it unprecedented? I was listening to a podcast (by Republicans) months ago where they were saying that frequently early leads by Republicans can fade away as more Democrats vote by post and they get counted after the votes cast on the day.

So it's not a surprise. And while you or I might not jump just because Trump days to there is a percentage (probably small) of his suppoters that will do whatever he wants just because he says so. So if he says don't vote by post, some of them will blindly follow him.

If you listened to informed opinion before the election, it’s not a surprise that the Democrats are cleaning up on postal votes. I certainly expected it albeit I wasn’t quite prepared for the scale at which they would do it. I don’t think most people were because if you look at betting patterns and you look at the posts on here on Wednesday morning, a lot of people were saying Trump would do it.

It’s certainly unprecedented that they’ve had this much impact in a Presidential election. Now, obviously the pandemic has driven that. But that’s resulted in a trend (Republicans get an early, solid lead that gets badly eroded) that’s never been seen before.

If you pay little attention to politics, which I’d suggest is the case with a lot of Americans, this is unprecedented and surprising. If you’re a Democrat, you’re happy as Larry because it’s gone in your favour. If you’re a Republican, you start crying “foul” especially when the clown in the White House is throwing fuel on the fire.

Those places being urban areas like Atlanta and Philadelphia. Absolutely nothing odd there. Hillary got 83% in Philadelphia in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Ah lads just call it please. I can't stay up until the early hours again tonight. Every night I say I won't and John King ropes me back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

several glitches now. there is going to a hand ballot recount in battle states. the supreme Court will back this.
    zerohedge de source on first part my opinion 2nd part

Zerohedge are an alt right conspiracy site they have zero credibility outside the usual echo chamber

eagle eye wrote: »
    Court cases will be dropoec. He'll concede today. He knows he's a beaten docket now. Losing Pennsylvania ends it.

Do these look like the words of a man getting ready to concede?. He tweeted this about 10 minutes ago:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Biden is going to win.

TRUMP has lost (obviously).

Unless the Biden voter fraud is proved. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ah lads just call it please. I can't stay up until the early hours again tonight. Every night I say I won't and John King ropes me back in.

Same. I'm going to hit the scratcher early tonight no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's one last grift by the Trump's while in the White House. More than half of any donation will actually go towards paying down campaign debt. Absolute charlatans of the highest order.

fake an outrage just to pay for a campaign that he couldnt afford?

Peak Trump.
    At least it proves that the American Taxpayer didnt pay for his campaign.

Unless the Biden voter fraud is proved. Stranger things have happened.

There is no fraud.

Unless the Biden voter fraud is proved.

There is no fraud, no proof, and no suggestion either, apart from Trump's outlandish, crazy and unfounded claims.

There is no fraud.

We have to wait and see. If there is evidence it will be discovered. Either way, we won't be left theorising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

xLJm.gif

Trump is a sore loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

We have to wait and see. If there is evidence it will be discovered, so we won't be less theorising.

Evidence needs to be provided that there was fraud, it's called burden of proof.

Otherwise there is nothing to talk about here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,525 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We have to wait and see. If there is evidence it will be discovered. Either way, we won't be less theorising.

Interesting that you say "discovered" - as in, no one knows it exists or not - and yet somehow, Trump claime it did?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Donald Trump claimed 304 electoral votes was the greatest win in the history of mankind.

Biden's on track for 306.

He actually got 306 last time but there were two faithless electors. This election is going to end 306-232, exactly the same margin as 2016

Evidence needs to be provided that there was fraud, it's called burden of proof.

Otherwise there is nothing to talk about here.

You don't think there is something fishy about Biden getting the most votes of any president in all of American history? Joe freakin' Biden? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There is no fraud.
    Yep.
    Trump's nonsense speech fact checked....in summary nothing spouted but usual BS.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54837926

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Do these look like the words of a man getting ready to concede?. He tweeted this about 10 minutes ago:

What it shows is a man lacking the basic understanding of what is actually going on.

Those (not) illegal votes have been set aside and not counted or included in any of the totals so far , so even if he wins that case (he won't) he's still behind by ~30,000 votes in Pennsylvania with another ~80k left to count.

Biden has been winning 75%+ of all the recent ballot drops so will likely finish up ahead by about 45k votes.

Well outside the 0.5% recount threshold with or without the disputed ballots.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

And his supporters have been trained to believe every word he says.

I don't know how people can be so weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I guess if he can't rule it, he's gonna ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

atr2002 wrote: »
    fake an outrage just to pay for a campaign that he couldnt afford?

Peak Trump.
    At least it proves that the American Taxpayer didnt pay for his campaign.

This is the bit I can’t figure out with Trump. Does he genuinely believe postal votes are flawed or did he know exactly how this would play out so he started the misinformation campaign months ago.

Is he now just trying to con people out of money to pay for a failed campaign or is he trying to fund a challenge to what he genuinely believes is an injustice?

He’s either an evil genius or a deranged lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So what's Trump gonna do?

Just squat in the White House?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement