Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

CNN presenters starting to sound delerious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Wait til you see when he announces his 2024 run

From a prison cell hopefully :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,507 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You don't think there is something fishy about Biden getting the most votes of any president in all of American history? Joe freakin' Biden? lol

Or Donald freakin Trump almost matching him..

Your post is just ridiculously illogical..

Circa 150 million ballots cast..

Biden is terribly weak. Trump is simply an abomination ..That is why Biden has polled so highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Presidential election with one of the highest turnouts in living memory.

Yeah....real shock the winner would have one of the highest vote tallies of any US president! :rolleyes:

The loser will also have a higher vote tally than any president in US history. Barack Obama set the previous record popular vote, with approx 69.5 million votes in '08. Trump is likely to get 73+ million when all the counting is done, and lose. Biden may break 80 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Polar101

Assuming Biden wins PA and maybe some of the other states, does it actually make a difference whether Trump will concede or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,486 ✭✭✭weisses

They should have called it for Biden a good while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Be right back

If Biden does win, it will be interesting to see if Trump attends his inauguration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And the fact check doesn't fact check correctly - in Pennsylvania, the key state there are no signature checks.

It also claims poll watchers were allowed observe the counts in both cities, which is itself false.

This is the problem with deferring to fact checks from biased organisations who seemingly have less information than any regular joe.
    Your lying I am sorry.
    The agreed poll watchers were allowed.

The signature checks thing is clearly explained below.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvania-high-court-says-ballots-cant-be-rejected-for-signature-mismatches/
    Ballots should not be rejected due to signature mismatches.
    John oliver did a programme covering it as well.
    https://youtu.be/l-nEHkgm_Gk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

km991148 wrote: »
    I got your point, but it's beyond him.

His ego is so damaged he cannot handle the fact he is not going to win. There is absolutely no way he will come out and admit defeat. He will bankrupt himself attempting to prove otherwise. The people still stupid enough to donate are just even more collateral damage.

It's behaviour consistent with delusional thoughts or some personality disorders, not a grand plan of grifting.

Edit: this post was edited to remove the assertion that Trump has a mental illness. He has not been diagnosed with one.

Why on earth was this yellow carded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

listermint wrote: »
    Credit ? Clever ?

It's not clever he's just grifting supporters for money as far as a time until they stop giving.id be surprised if we don't see some rallies thrown in.

Presidency is lost.

Grifting people's cash is all that's left.

That sounds like nonsense tbh.

I mean you dont have to like the guy.
    And yeah hes probably lost.

But why are you saying that the end of a year long nationwide presidency campaign is suddenly a grift ... by a multi billionaire. With probably the worlds highest profile.

Did the whole 2020 campaign start out as a grift or did he just add it on?

Sounds like a stupid theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Invidious wrote: »
    The loser will also have a higher vote tally than any president in US history. Barack Obama set the previous record popular vote, with approx 69.5 million votes in '08. Trump is likely to get 73+ million when all the counting is done, and lose. Biden may break 80 million.

What do mean loser? You're the loser. I know lots of losers - met many of them - I'm an expert on losers - there's lots of them - many of my friends are losers - all shapes and sizes - losers everywhere. China lost a virus, they're losers. People who pay tax, they're losers - do you see me paying tax? People who join the military and then get hurt - they're losers. Do you see me doing that? See, N O T a loser. McCain - he got shot sown - LOSER - then he got caught - loser - then he got hurt lots - loser. Just the other day he died - loser.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Polar101 wrote: »
    Assuming Biden wins PA and maybe some of the other states, does it actually make a difference whether Trump will concede or not?

Not in the slightest - The loser "conceding" is just a convention and in general just the act of any decent honourable person.

It is utterly meaningless, legally and constitutionally speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

DeanAustin wrote: »

I assume because I speculated about the presidents mental condition.

Was out of order, and I rephrased.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Wait til you see when he announces his 2024 run

The main underlying reason, in my opinion, for trump to announce his 2024 run is to escape prosecution. The minute the doj start circling to 'have a word' about his lapsed presidential immunity, trump will start shouting that the Biden administration is trying to take out their opponents, that it's a political hitjob, and the 'biggest political scandal' (since obama spied on his campaign) Eva!!!!1!!

Look at what they do, not what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If Biden does win, it will be interesting to see if Trump attends his inauguration.

Biden has won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    If it's false, why then did the lawyer for Trump when asked how many poll watchers they had respond with "It was a non-Zero number your honour".

They had poll watchers in all locations , they just wanted to be allowed have way more of them and to be allowed be right on top of the counters.

The case there has absolutely zero merit , not an iota.

So this was this when the democrats appealed that quote came from, got a link for the latest on that, that it has been resolved?
    This was the case I was referring to: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pennsylvania-judge-permits-campaign-observers-close-view-ballot/story?id=74040279

The last I read was that the democrats appealed the order, I thought certain counting had not taken place because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Polar101 wrote: »

Not in the slightest. Trump will remain president and Biden president-elect until inauguration day on January 20th. Biden will become the legal president on that day, and a peaceful transition of power is expected. Any effort by Trump to remain in the White House after that point would be unprecedented. If push comes to shove, I'm sure there's a legal process by which he can be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think is mathematically impossible for Trump to win at this point. Biden has won.

The networks are being cautious as I guess they don't want to be attacked by Trump terrorists, but Trumps goose is cooked.

Its kind of cruel for his supporters to be given false hope by Trump, and they can see that he losing, bit by bit, day by day. It has already sent some of them over the edge, who have thankfully been stopped before they could commit acts of terror. I expect we will hear of even more foiled plots in the day and weeks to come.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If nothing else , Trump will probably be able to legitimately claim (Finally!!!) that he had a bigger crowd as I suspect that Biden will look to have a very much reduced inauguration due to that thing that Trump thinks is going away.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Biden has won.

Not s chance.

Like I say, 50 quid on if he admits defeat without blaming the whole world, will probably double it if he does anything congratulatory towards Biden (and I'd include attendance in that).

• Advertisement

"Poll watchers" yeah

You mean code for thugs who want to harass, intimidate, abuse staff and obstruct the count.

No the legitimate observers were not being allowed within an adequate distance

DeanAustin wrote: »

Maybe because Trump's neice, who has a Phd in psychology, has made such a diagnosis and is more than qualified enough to do so.
    Do you agree with what she's written about the president?

Miller: "[On narcissism] I agree entirely. 'Prototypical' doesn't describe the degree to which [Trump] meets the criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Many of us who study it say that if we [described a character like his in a paper] other peer reviewers would say, 'You've made up too cartoonish of a case.' They wouldn't believe it would be possible. That's how incredibly well he fits those symptoms. I've viewed Donald Trump as an example of narcissism going back 15 years. Long before he was running for president, long before he was associated with the Republican Party. Literally, going back into the mid-2000s … at academic talks he was one of the pictures I would put up.

Edit; My bad, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He won't attend it. Not a chance. He'll still be claiming he's the real president even after inauguration day. In fact I fully expect him to hold a rally somewhere at the time of Biden's inauguration.

wes wrote: »
    I think is mathematically impossible for Trump to win at this point. Biden has won.

The networks are being cautious as I guess they don't want to be attacked by Trump terrorists, but Trumps goose is cooked.

Its kind of cruel for his supporters to be given false hope by Trump, and they can see that he losing, bit by bit, day by day. It has already sent some of them over the edge, who have thankfully been stopped before they could commit acts of terror. I expect we will hear of even more foiled plots in the day and weeks to come.

It's beyond cruel. It's entirely irresponsible. More stoking of hatred and potentially violence, never mind fewer resources spent dealing with COVID in the meantime.

This behaviour really is consistent with strong narcissistic personality disorders. Me me me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The President of the USA

EmOd2EvU4AIPJtl?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,525 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Invidious wrote: »
    Not in the slightest. Trump will remain president and Biden president-elect until inauguration day on January 20th. Biden will become the legal president on that day, and a peaceful transition of power is expected. Any effort by Trump to remain in the White House after that point would be unprecedented. If push comes to shove, I'm sure there's a legal process by which he can be removed.

By "legal" process, I think you mean "physical", but I'm guessing it won't come to that. Not even Trump is that deluded that he won't refuse to leave.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Caffein overdose - lack of sleep? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nope they were being allowed the same distance as the democrats and nonpartisan observers, trumps team just wanted to be closer and effectively on top of the counters to try and intimidate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's not what you said, that was
    "It also claims poll watchers were allowed observe the counts in both cities, which is itself false."

Agreed poll watchers were allowed they were asked to keep a 6 foot distance due to this whole you know pandemic that is going on you might have heard of it.
    To note there were a record number of cases yesterday in the USA under Trump's watch btw.

The GOP also pushed for even more people to be let in...which is utter madness and was rightfully challenged

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Your lying I am sorry.
    The agreed poll watchers were allowed.

The signature checks thing is clearly explained below.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvania-high-court-says-ballots-cant-be-rejected-for-signature-mismatches/
    Ballots should not be rejected due to signature mismatches.
    John oliver did a programme covering it as well.
    https://youtu.be/l-nEHkgm_Gk

That was my point, that they can't be rejected there due to mismatches, aka there is no check in Pennsylvania. The bbc referred to signatures being on envelopes as a protection against fraud as a counterpoint to Trumps claim about lack of verification. I never said they should or shouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement