Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

I suspect he’ll be spending a lot of time with his legal people over the coming years but it won’t be in the White House thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Probably afraid if he leaves they’ll lock the doors and won’t let him back in.

Don't worry, he'll appear with fakemelania while real Melania stands guard in the apartment.

• I’m just hoping at this stage we at least get word on GA & PA today. At some point.. please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I mean if Trump and the Republicans had genuine proof and evidence of large scale voter fraud they wouldn't be holding these press conferences or spreading conspiracy theories. They'd be in court and successfully getting counts stopped and invalid votes thrown out. It's just the usual nonsense and grift to try and get gullible people to give money to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Probably Rudy, Eric and the rest of the goon squad.

What the f**k is Giuliani playing at. Here was a man who was going to be remembered by the majority of America and the world as the man who led New York brilliantly during 9/11. He's shat all over his legacy and continues to s**t on it.

Mind boggling. Then again, despite the widely held perception, he was never all that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,700 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are people still following this? God love all of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

francois wrote: »
    Bringing out the lawyers. It has always been his way. Was listening to his former COO this morning, he said it is a predictable tactic designed to intimidate.
    Last desperate roll of the dice, and like his legacy, is going to go down as a failure.
    Hopefully Rudi will be there, could do with a laugh

With an election this close there was no doubt there would be lawfare by the losing party. In fact most predicted it and Hillary Clinton all but proclaimed it, everyone knew republicans and democrats had an army of lawyers ready to go and that litigation has been ongoing even before the election. Outright claiming fraud is beyond the pale from the president, but I've no doubt surrogates and/or lawyers would have done it for Biden if it was going the other way - claiming the USPC was working for Trump etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Biden has this in the bag so I think it would be hilarious if Trump resists leaving the White House and then we all get to watch live on TV the cops going in and evicting him and his whole family! Now that's a reality show I'd definitely watch:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably afraid if he leaves they’ll lock the doors and won’t let him back in.

Someone needs to hold some golfclubs up outside the window and he'll float out like someone in a cartoon smelling a pie on a nearby windowsill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Wolf and John King back just now on CNN.. it will surely to be the 2 of them to officially to call it for the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,192 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

DeanAustin wrote: »
    What the f**k is Giuliani playing at. Here was a man who was going to be remembered by the majority of America and the world as the man who led New York brilliantly during 9/11. He's shat all over his legacy and continues to s**t on it.

Mind boggling. Then again, despite the widely held perception, he was never all that anyway.
    Now he will be remembered as Trumps lapdog...for his appearance in the borat movie ..and for er being married to his cousin...what a legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭briany

Overheal wrote: »
    Are people still following this? God love all of you.

We're just here for the Simpsons-based memes now.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Wolf and John King back just now on CNN.. it will surely to be the 2 of them to officially to call it for the network.

Blitzer does not get out of bed that early unless it's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

From the Guardian feed, Trump fact-checked
    TRUMP: “We’re hearing stories that are horror stories. ... We think there is going to be a lot of litigation because we have so much evidence and so much proof.”
    Trump produced no evidence.

TRUMP: “In Pennsylvania, partisan Democrats have allowed ballots in the state to be received three days after the election and we think much more than that.”
    It was the state Supreme Court.

TRUMP: “Our campaign has been denied access to observe any counting in Detroit.”
    That’s false.

TRUMP: “The election apparatus in Georgia is run by Democrats.”
    The elections is overseen by Republican secretary of state Brad Raffensperger.

TRUMP: “If you count the legal votes, I easily win.”
    This is baseless.

TRUMP: “ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!”
    Not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

DeanAustin wrote: »

Most New Yorkers remember him for getting rid of rent control and not in a fond way. Rents then rocketed through the fucking roof.

He's always been a knob end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,700 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

With an election this close there was no doubt there would be lawfare by the losing party. In fact most predicted it and Hillary Clinton all but proclaimed it, everyone knew republicans and democrats had an army of lawyers ready to go and that litigation has been ongoing even before the election. Outright claiming fraud is beyond the pale from the president, but I've no doubt surrogates and/or lawyers would have done it for Biden if it was going the other way.

For this Joe Biden?

Don’t see it happening myself. Conjecture that doesn’t line up with his behavior in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

irishfeen wrote: »

Be incredibly harsh if John isn't at the magic wall when its called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Rudi, fox just said it would be him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

CFlat wrote: »
    Biden has this in the bag so I think it would be hilarious if Trump resists leaving the White House and then we all get to watch live on TV the cops going in and evicting him and his whole family! Now that's a reality show I'd definitely watch:pac:

He’d probably be watching it on tv enthralled as the cops burst in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn it might even be more entertaining then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Why is trump gone back into 10/1 with pp has there been much change in numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Genuine question, how do Trump supporters here rationalise the sheer amount of direct lies and falsehoods he comes out with ?

No "but the other side", no scapegoats, no deflection. Honest answer.

popcorn-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

omega man wrote: »
    He’d probably be watching it on tv enthralled as the cops burst in!!

Thinking to himself, "I'm sure I know that house":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

It's a conversation, I'm replying to other people's points after I fact-checked the fact-checkers and I was accused of lying. I thought maybe I was mistaken but that doesn't appear to be the case. If you are appealing an order all the way to the supreme court that says observers must be allowed within an adequate distance to observe, then observation is not meeting legal requirements.

Yes it's pedantic, but fact-checkers themselves have been extremely pedantic at times and my overall point is, fact-checking can be just as misleading as anything if it is more than the most straightforward of claims like what an official statistic was.

With all due respect, you need to start distinguishing between cases with merit and cases such as this, where the plaintiffs are clearly trying to stop the count in an important state in terms of reaching 270.

As a thought exercise, consider whether there are GOP observers in other states that would have been working under similar physical restrictions to Pennsylvania, with no hint of requiring court relief. This is not some defence of the sacred process of protecting the ballot- Trump explicitly wants vast swathes of voters disenfranchised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Genuine question, how do Trump supporters here rationalise the sheer amount of direct lies and falsehoods he comes out with ?

No "but the other side", no scapegoats, no deflection. Honest answer.

They lie to themselves.

Busy morning on Twitter

cfb9b7c0-c83d-4157-b45b-61b0e83554f0.jpg

Jin luk wrote: »

Betting patterns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Jin luk wrote: »

Because Trump has moved from about 26.0 to 13.0 on Betfair. No idea why, but there will definitely be a reason behind it.

(And no it's not somebody having a few quid on with a bookie. The exchange is different. It takes big money from big players to make a move like that )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement