Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

owlbethere wrote: »
    Rte gave a brief history on Joe Biden.

Joe Biden went through a lot of heartache in his personal life and he's a good man to be standing up and standing tall, proud and happy after all he went through. I wish him all the very best.

Wasn’t he sworn in as a Senator from his hospital bed, his wife and son having just died?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

prunudo wrote: »
    Fox entertainment channel there alright, not the news channel though. Which is a shame, would watch it just for ****s and giggles.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5614615980001#sp=watch-live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

in the georgia special one wonder why they ran 2 republicans?

there were 2 seats up for election in georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I feel sorry for all the posters who were on here over the last four years cheerleading and defending Trump's truly abhorrent regime, and buying into utterly crazy, paranoid conspiracy theories.

Like, how messed up would you have to be to do that?

These people are genuine victims - victims of a Pied Piper confidence trickster who played on their internalised inadequacies and ruthlessly exploited them.

70 million people who lived under him for four years voted for him, something doesn't add up with what you are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

darced wrote: »
    70 million people who lived under him for four years voted for him, something doesn't add up with what you are saying.

They're mostly brainwashed, it's plain and simple to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Wasn’t he sworn in as a Senator from his hospital bed, his wife and son having just died?

It takes a strong man to overcome all that and keep going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

there were 2 seats up for election in georgia.

in the special one (not sure what that is), 2 republicans ran and 1 democrat.

and then in the normal georgia one, it was 1 a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

He wasn't in the car, his wife and infant daughter were killed in the crash, his two sons were injured and hospitalised. He stayed in the hospital with them during their recovery & was sworn in from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The USA is one very divided country, but, well done to president Joe.

Dan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Next to his sons hospital bed, Biden wasn't injured.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He wasn't in Hospital, he was there because the children were, recovering from their injuries from the crash.

He wasn't involved in the accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Someone asked me for this clip earlier.

Like I said, can relate.

Not like what I said, this is Van Jones not Alex Jones :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Well I can see why Americans are glad to be rid of Donald Trump. But very sad that they chose Biden over Bernie Sanders, someone who was at least willing to fight for the working people.

Bank Bailout Biden, Bank CEO Bonuses Biden will be best pals with our FG/FF, and the corporatist leaders across Western Europe. As in they do everything in their power to ensure the banks and corporations get richer, while the working man and woman gets shafted and told to be happy with the scraps thrown at them. Oh they make grand speeches about how they are doing the opposite, about how they are supposed to be about helping people - no one was better at speeches than Obama, and the working man and women were left deluded, lie to in a ditch. Which is why they angrily lashed out and rejected the Democrats, and will inevitably lash out and go red again when they realize Biden isn't the answer.

But at least the Americans have the excuse of saying they voted to get rid off Trump. What is our excuse? What is Europe's excuse? Why do we continue voting against our interests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,914 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

owlbethere wrote: »
    Rte gave a brief history on Joe Biden.

Joe Biden went through a lot of heartache in his personal life and he's a good man to be standing up and standing tall, proud and happy after all he went through. I wish him all the very best.

He's been through a lot alright. Two world wars and Black '47 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Compare the america biden is about to inherit compared to the one Trump inherited just four years ago. Biden will be lucky to just deal with covid alone, he is kind of doomed from the start to spend his time fire fighting the **** show Trump has left him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,773 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Overheal wrote: »

I took a double take when I saw you say that earlier. Thought I was seeing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The_Brood wrote: »
    What is our excuse? What is Europe's excuse? Why do we continue voting against our interests?

Because they are our interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Overheal wrote: »

Someone asked me for this clip earlier.

Like I said, can relate.

wow that is cringe, is he on drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

enjoy your "victory". not over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in the georgia special one wonder why they ran 2 republicans?
    in the special one (not sure what that is), 2 republicans ran and 1 democrat.

and then in the normal georgia one, it was 1 a piece

This should give you the context

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-senate-elections-georgia-6110d626cee11b289c9c6755973fc930

tldr big-tent disagreements

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We will. And it is over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Talk to Joe icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,773 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Stage 1. Denial

You've a ways to go thecretinhop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,629 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I believe the preferred response is "you lost,get over it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

lemon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

The_Brood wrote: »
    Well I can see why Americans are glad to be rid of Donald Trump. But very sad that they chose Biden over Bernie Sanders, someone who was at least willing to fight for the working people.

Bank Bailout Biden, Bank CEO Bonuses Biden will be best pals with our FG/FF, and the corporatist leaders across Western Europe. As in they do everything in their power to ensure the banks and corporations get richer, while the working man and woman gets shafted and told to be happy with the scraps thrown at them. Oh they make grand speeches about how they are doing the opposite, about how they are supposed to be about helping people - no one was better at speeches than Obama, and the working man and women were left deluded, lie to in a ditch. Which is why they angrily lashed out and rejected the Democrats, and will inevitably lash out and go red again when they realize Biden isn't the answer.

But at least the Americans have the excuse of saying they voted to get rid off Trump. What is our excuse? What is Europe's excuse? Why do we continue voting against our interests?

I wish it was Bernie too, but he would have never won this election sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

darced wrote: »

They live in the US and probably watch Fox News, and whatnot, and they were probably sick to death of foreign wars and tweedle-dee tweedle-dum politics. I can kinda get why Americans might vote for Trump...

... but Irish Trump fanboys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

With all the focus on Biden and Trump I think people are forgetting what an unbelievably attractive woman Harris is. My god, she's gorgeous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement