Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,535 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

funnydoggy wrote: »
    vxm6hfpdyux51.png

Brilliant. They can't accept it!

I thought that was a joke, but he actually tweeted that, he’s actually N U T S

The guy is actually full on nutsville. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bigglyest sore loser ever.
    Go on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭dasdog

Is the ridiculous Irish response to this election out of hatred for Trump or a weird love for America?

It is frankly beyond cringe some of the stuff at this stage.

A pathological liar and head of the most influential of countries is being dethroned. It should be celebrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Is the ridiculous Irish response to this election out of hatred for Trump or a weird love for America?

Why respond to a thread about the American election then??

I think tho it's a mixture of Americans, people who have family there and also people on the side of decency.
    Trump was an extremely divisive person who didn't/ doesn't give a fcuk about anyone but himself and happily fuels that division for personal gain. A lot if people on all sides of the political spectrum are happy to see the back of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you say so.

Your claims that Trump would win by a landslide.
    That the silent majority will win it for Trump.
    Your predictions for this whole run in.
    They have all nullified your creedance, you are the fake news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

I generally don't gloat but after 4 years of alt right fanbois and trolls debasing political discourse with thinly disguised racism, homophobia, pathetic language like snowflake, libtard and bedwetting, it feels good to raise two progressive digits in your direction and say: suck it up losers.

Strumms wrote: »
    I thought that was a joke, but he actually tweeted that, he’s actually N U T S

The guy is actually full on nutsville. :P

Tweets than then storms off to the golf course muttering about how he didn't care about the stupid election anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

francois wrote: »
    I generally don't gloat but after 4 years of alt right fanbois and trolls debasing political discourse with thinly disguised racism, homophobia, pathetic language like snowflake, libtard and bedwetting, it feels good to raise two progressive digits in your direction and say: suck it up losers.

The only thing that's disappointing about this is that I can only 'thank' it once

• Registered Users Posts: 23,189 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And that for me is reason 37 to be delighted at this result. It really is a kick back to the divisive nationalist populism which no longer should have a place in such an integrated world.

Yes and no. The chief lunatic is gone and a reasonable guy is replacing him but Trump still got 70 million votes.

Still so, so many that love what he stands for and Biden will have an awful time of it trying to get those idiots onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

duploelabs wrote: »
    Greta, danzy, and one world order

All committed death by mod when they seen the way the wind was blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

dasdog wrote: »
    A pathological liar and head of the most influential of countries

Sh*t, you've just described all presidents right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

This is why this makes me so so f*cking happy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

GT89 wrote: »
    "I don't need you to vote for me to win this election" - Biden 2020

"I need you after the election too"

Post the whole quote or don't post it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

kowloon wrote: »
    Your picture does her no justice.

She's no Melania that's for sure

sterz wrote: »
    Sh*t, you've just described all presidents right there.

Pathological?

gmisk wrote: »
    The full quote is....
    "Folks we got a lot of work to do. I don’t only need you to get me elected, I need you once I’m elected.”

Typical BS.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/nov/03/tiktok-posts/video-misrepresents-bidens-speech-michigan/

Maybe look at the true story before posting utter rubbish like this

But the grifters they follow told them this was the quote how can they be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

km991148 wrote: »
    Pathological?

You're right, not all were pathological. Still liars though.

I would have thought that Trump would have been able, after 4 days of moaning about voter fraud, to have assembled a proper team of lawyers, and not still be wheeling his unhinged personal lawyer in front of the cameras. I bet he is struggling to find the high profile and skilled lawyers willing to take on the cases, and is short of the donations and funding to be able to pay them.....I’m guessing would cost a few tens of millions

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Time for them to go back under the bridge.

I'd say America will try to quickly skip the last four years in the history books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm interested to see who Biden appoints in key Cabinet positions: Trump's flawed appointees, and how he handled them, were a telling symptom of what was wrong with his Presidency. Appointing the wrong people, not getting along with them, and having them leave under suspicious circumstances.

For example, Omarosa Manigault Newman was let go over an allegation she and a husband used a staff car to attend a Congressional charity baseball game, something which was permitted and which many other White House Staff did. This was all ordered by Chief of Staff John Kelly, and Trump called Omarosa the next day, claiming to not know what was going on. Either he was lying about ordering her to be fired, or he genuinely didn't know and it was all down to Kelly: neither is reassuring.

As for Kelly: he resigned in January 2019 after reportedly "not being on speaking terms" with the President. His predecessor, "Reince" Priebus, had the job for less than six months, and was a bizarre choice. He had publicly criticised Trump on multiple occasions during the 2016 campaign and reportedly read gave Trump a stern talking-to after some remarks about Mexican immigrants. In office, he ran interference for Trump on issues such as alleged links to Russia, but was accused of leaking inside information to the media and resigned.

Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis: Secetary of Defense for three years: clashed with Trump over commitments to NATO and other allies, and the last straw was the withdrawal of American troops from Syria, leaving the Russians as the only strategic power there. John Bolton, National Securiy Advisor whose advice was largely ignored, most seriously when it came to Ukiraine; accused of leaking to the media and of misusing military aircraft (which he had to use to visit places like Afghanistan).

In other words, I'll be looking to see who Biden appoints in key positions as indicators of how competent he will be as President. There will be limits on what he can get through Congress, thanks to a Republican Senate, but if you look at Trump's appointments in the Executive Branch and otehr Federal agencies, you can see where Trump got it wrong and where Biden needs to get it right.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,681 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Many will fall back behind the cover of "Political Correctness."

Given that you don't care about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He won't even get the nomination in 2024.

75m votes for him.

He'd walk it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Meanwhile Biden's lead in Nevada has got bigger - up to 27k now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,681 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bnt wrote: »
    I'm interested to see who Biden appoints in key Cabinet positions: Trump's flawed appointees, and how he handled them, were a telling symptom of what was wrong with his Presidency. Appointing the wrong people, not getting along with them, and having them leave under suspicious circumstances.

For example, Omarosa Manigault Newman was let go over an allegation she and a husband used a staff car to attend a Congressional charity baseball game, something which was permitted and which many other White House Staff did. This was all ordered by Chief of Staff John Kelly, and Trump called Omarosa the next day, claiming to not know what was going on. Either he was lying about ordering her to be fired, or he genuinely didn't know and it was all down to Kelly: neither is reassuring.

As for Kelly: he resigned in January 2019 after reportedly "not being on speaking terms" with the President. His predecessor, "Reince" Priebus, had the job for less than six months, and was a bizarre choice. He had publicly criticised Trump on multiple occasions during the 2016 campaign and reportedly read gave Trump a stern talking-to after some remarks about Mexican immigrants. In office, he ran interference for Trump on issues such as alleged links to Russia, but was accused of leaking inside information to the media and resigned.

Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis: Secetary of Defense for three years: clashed with Trump over commitments to NATO and other allies, and the last straw was the withdrawal of American troops from Syria, leaving the Russians as the only strategic power there. John Bolton, National Securiy Advisor whose advice was largely ignored, most seriously when it came to Ukiraine; accused of leaking to the media and of misusing military aircraft (which he had to use to visit places like Afghanistan).

In other words, I'll be looking to see who Biden appoints in key positions as indicators of how competent he will be as President. There will be limits on what he can get through Congress, thanks to a Republican Senate, but if you look at Trump's appointments in the Executive Branch and otehr Federal agencies, you can see where Trump got it wrong and where Biden needs to get it right.

"Supreme Court Justice Barrack Hussein Obama"

She's no Melania that's for sure

Yeah she has a bit of class missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If I lose to the worst candidate in US history, what does that make me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,019 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can't wait for Barr to be out on his ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭threeball

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm highly suspicious that there's a very minimal number of people behind all those accounts that have now gone to ground or are banned.

That just makes them even sadder. What a way to pass your days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement