Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fox News reporter declares stench of marijhuana outside the WH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I know - it's the full reverse of four years ago. There is not a chance of that country being united no matter who wins.

Very true, it makes ye wonder how much legs are in it because the idealogical/ philosophical divide just continues to grow outside of all the shallow bickering about personalities or even politics. Very deep divisions and I believe that no matter who it is, if they are not an establishment neocon type they will not get near power again as all the institutions of the state and corporations will reign down on any outsider. The main goal will likely to be to make the population as happy about that as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Fox news reporter dropping bombs on the crowd not practicing good pandemic health guidelines...

While he is in the middle of it with no mask on!!

FACEPALM.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Missing the point.

In democratic countries, votes are split between parties and usually there is enmity or at least dislike for the "other side".

That ain't gonna change just because Biden makes a few nice speeches.

It has gone beyond emnity into full on hatred thanks to trump. time to bring things back to something more reasonable.

I will add for someone who wonders why ireland cares about the election so much you dont half post a lot about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump moments ago returned from the golf course and has arrived at Biden's House.

Biden's house? Pull the other one:D

973ffb5345fd9de8.jpg

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I’m intrigued to see how Biden handles the situation with Trump in his speech tonight. It’s normal to compliment the person you’ve defeated and compliment their campaign and public work. I don’t see how Biden can credibly do it with Trumps antics this week, how he’s behaved for four years and the fact Trump hasn’t even acknowledged Biden as the winner.

On the flip side, if he doesn’t acknowledge Trump, does he risk invalidating the opinions of millions of his voters who Biden is promising to govern for.

Tricky situation. Personally, I think he should make some effort to acknowledge the Republican Party but not even mention Trump by name.

It's going to be of a similar tone to his last speech. He'll talk about unifying America and ask Republicans to give him a chance as America is strongest when everyone works together etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Revolving narrative on Fox "bbbut the media doesn't call the election"

-Network that called Arizona for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I’d say he’s in good form.

Did you ever see a spoilt brat throwing a tantrum when for the first time in his life he was denied a lollipop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It has gone beyond emnity into full on hatred thanks to trump. time to bring things back to something more reasonable.

I will add for someone who wonders why ireland cares about the election so much you dont half post a lot about it.

The other side don't see Biden as reasonable in America. That's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I see another "policy" is to "heel" America.

Heel it from what?

Americans really are crazy.

Still not interested in any of this I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Wait till he finds out that Bidens secret service codename is Celtic. :D

Still not interested in any of this I see.

I'm happy to point flaws with this current celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

It's going to be of a similar tone to his last speech. He'll talk about unifying America and ask Republicans to give him a chance as America is strongest when everyone works together etc.

No doubt the tone will be the same but how does he handle the thorny subject of his less than gracious opponent?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Biden hates the UK because he said, "I'm Irish". That slimy little grifter needs to get a day job or something.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    If Biden did win under shady circumstances that's not going to help bring unity back to the Country.

If.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

HDMI wrote: »
    After four years of the Democrats not accepting the Republican president they are all about unity now. I think the Dems set too big a fire and there is no going back to unity. When Trump won it was #NOT MY PRESIDENT, now a lot of #NOT MY PRESIDENT about for Biden.

Great point actually . Good luck to Joe on his election victory , but I can only see a reverse in what has been happening in the last four years ( ie republicans will now block / disrupt democrats , just as democrats did to them ) .

Also , I see issues ahead for Joe , when left wing types / BLM types etc etc don't get the " rewards " they're expecting , from supporting him . It will soon dawn on them that Joe only " surfed the wave " , and may not actually be the " messiah " !!

Trump could be " Barabbas " in four years time , if he decides to run again , LoL !!

DeanAustin wrote: »
    No doubt the tone will be the same but how does he handle the thorny subject of his less than gracious opponent?

Doesn't mention him, as you said. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Irish tri-colour flying in NYC on CNN at the minute:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    If Biden did win under shady circumstances that's not going to help bring unity back to the Country.

The problem is, he didn't. It's just being portrayed that way. ANd Biden has no control over how Trump handles defeat, nor how his die-hard supporters do.

Trump's inaguaration speech mentioned uniting the country, but his presidency has been intentionally decisive from day one.
    Very true, it makes ye wonder how much legs are in it because the idealogical/ philosophical divide just continues to grow outside of all the shallow bickering about personalities or even politics. Very deep divisions and I believe that no matter who it is, if they are not an establishment neocon type they will not get near power again as all the institutions of the state and corporations will reign down on any outsider. The main goal will likely to be to make the population as happy about that as possible.

Too many extremist opinions in all directions. He can united as much as possible, but as long as you have the likes of QAnon and Infowars spreading lies on the right, and the SJW crowd demanding people bow down to their ideology, there is no chance of this changing.

The problem is Trump encouraged all this. Biden;s best bet is to unite the non-extremists and hope that the power of numbers renders the rest uninfluential.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

irishfeen wrote: »

cant' find cnn on youtube..

py2006 wrote: »

This stream works: https://www.livenewsnow.com/american/cnn-news-usa.html

It's always worth keeping an arms distance from such an aggressive and disliked military force like America.

sTKWevA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

Overheal wrote: »
    Fox News reporter declares stench of marijhuana outside the WH

Bloody hippies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

py2006 wrote: »

https://livenewstime.com/category/watch/

EmP5l8LVkAIvNeG?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I doubt that "give me a chance" will go down well after they spent the last 4 years acting like spoiled brats with "NOT MY PRESIDENT!!" nonsense. Tells you how scummy, arrogant and hypocritical Democrats are when they refuse to give a Republican President a chance, but then expects the other side to give them a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭optogirl

Jebus preserve us from a Joe Biden Plaza 😳

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement