Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

sTKWevA.jpg

If there’s something else this thread has done, it’s reminded me what a f**king incredible show The Simpsons was for about a decade.

20 years of s**t has done to its legacy what Rudy Giuliani has done to his sadly...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Delighted for America. Trump must be crying his make up off that the United States are alight tonight with passion and excitement. Shove that up your orange ass after you mocked Biden for only allowing certain numbers at his rallies, suggesting nobody would turn up anyway. The place is buzzing and the fear is gone. The world is well rid of the big fat orange overgrown baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm happy to point flaws with this current celebration.

Your hot takes are pretty pretty pretty poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭optogirl

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I doubt that "give me a chance" will go down well after they spent the last 4 years acting like spoiled brats with "NOT MY PRESIDENT!!" nonsense. Tells you how scummy, arrogant and hypocritical Democrats are when they refuse to give a Republican President a chance, but then expects the other side to give them a chance.

He had his chance. He did nothing in 4 years to change their minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can't wait to find out what Biden will charge the secret service for rent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So another millionaire gets elected to the highest office in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I’m intrigued to see how Biden handles the situation with Trump in his speech tonight. It’s normal to compliment the person you’ve defeated and compliment their campaign and public work. I don’t see how Biden can credibly do it with Trumps antics this week, how he’s behaved for four years and the fact Trump hasn’t even acknowledged Biden as the winner.

On the flip side, if he doesn’t acknowledge Trump, does he risk invalidating the opinions of millions of his voters who Biden is promising to govern for.

Tricky situation. Personally, I think he should make some effort to acknowledge the Republican Party but not even mention Trump by name.

He should extend an olive branch to Trump's supporters and the Republican party in general, but treat the man himself with nothing but contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Delighted for America. Trump must be crying his make up off that the United States are alight tonight with passion and excitement. Shove that up your orange ass after you mocked Biden for only allowing certain numbers at his rallies, suggesting nobody would turn up anyway. The place is buzzing and the fear is gone. The world is well rid of the big fat orange overgrown baby.

Exactly, covid is over! Wear a mask and end the lockdowns, follow Trump's advice and get on with life ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your hot takes are pretty pretty pretty poor though.

they need to be elevated several levels to reach pretty pretty pretty poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Was Trump a millionaire? :confused:

Never got those tax returns did we?

tiresome posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

He should extend an olive branch to Trump's supporters and the Republican party in general, but treat the man himself with nothing but contempt.

I see it as a big disconnect between pre trump politics and the people that voted Trump.
    People didn't vote Trump because they are stupid but because he claimed to represent something that resonated with them.

That needs to be understood. Can't keep shouting down at people for being stupid enough to buy what Trump was selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

It has? So why hasn't Donny graciously accepted defeat?

Donald is still the president for now and he announced he will contest the counting of late ballots in most likely six states. His gearing up to take to this all the way to the court. Unless he has a change of heart in next few hours or days?.

I can't see Donald too easy relinquishing's power when in his mind the otherside attempted to remove him for 4 years. People are forgetting here Trump had 70 million backers during this election. They said no to biden as their president. It's going to be messy for awhile.

Trump energy levels are low at the moment. No video statement since Biden got declared the winner. He has no friends in the media, many elected officials in other countries see Biden as president. Trump must know he has step up his game for the base soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's always worth keeping an arms distance from such an aggressive and disliked military force like America.

Your insight is just impeccable

/s

they need to be elevated several levels to reach pretty pretty pretty poor

In my defence, I was trying to be gracious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

km991148 wrote: »
    I see it as a big disconnect between pre trump politics and the people that voted Trump.
    People didn't vote Trump because they are stupid but because he claimed to represent something that resonated with them.

That needs to be understood. Can't keep shouting down at people for being stupid enough to buy what Trump was selling.

Yeah, I mean to be quite honest I've been enjoying winding up Trump supporters on here over the last couple of days but all joking aside, calling everyone supporting the man idiots and bigots is overly simplistic and I'd be dissapointed to see Biden and his team reduce themselves to that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Most non-Brits hate the UK, Nige :) - agree with the rest of it though. No-deal Brexit not looking like a good idea now that the playground bully got explled :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Exactly, covid is over! Wear a mask and end the lockdowns, follow Trump's advice and get on with life ;)

I thought it was over if Trump wins, little did I expect it to end before Biden is officially elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Most non-Brits hate the UK, Nige :) - agree with the rest of it though. No-deal Brexit not looking like a good idea now that the playground bully got explled :)

most brits hate Farage

• [url] https://twitter.com/Billy Green Warshipmgs/status/1325180500634427392?s=21[/url]

Couldn’t copy paste on mobile :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, I mean to be quite honest I've been enjoying winding up Trump supporters on here over the last couple of days but all joking aside, calling everyone supporting the man idiots and bigots is overly simplistic and I'd be dissapointed to see Biden and his team reduce themselves to that level.

Biden's a diplomat, that's the difference. Trump never nwas (nor, to be fair, did he claim to be).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Either his handicap has went up or he's just been fired, maybe both..

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1325177422568960000?s=19

In my defence, I was trying to be gracious

Have you considered a career in international diplomacy? you would be a natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

There is a lot if work to be done and I sincerely hope that it doesn't peter out into Biden just cruising along for 4 years and we do it all over again in 24.

I'm absolutely sick of the division. The left Vs right and buzzword bingo of snowflake and freedumb and everything else.

We can say that this is only in America, but it's not. This division exists over here, it's been expertly exported and mimicked.

People have real concerns but there are also many other contributing factor and bad actors that only care about their own bank balance (but happy to stir sh*te).

I hope we can turn around or at least slow down this race to the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Usually there is that speech where the winner says they received a very dignified call from their opponent, and where the loser says they called the winner to congratulate them. McCain's speech was really memorable in that respect, his true dignity in defeat and how he immediately quelled any booing efforts.

Guess that won't be happening this time.

I wonder will Trump be at the inauguration. Last time, he was able to say a few words about how helpful the Obamas had been during the transition. I'm sure Joe Biden is able to offer the same empty niceties, but will Trump be there to hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Either his handicap has went up or he's just been fired, maybe both..

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1325177422568960000?s=19

He looks like a beaten docket.

They wont. Biden has too much class and experience to sink to that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

km991148 wrote: »

True, but he didn't just claim it.

Some of it was hollow like all politicians but he took a lot of hits and used up a lot of political capital for certain policies and pushbacks that meant something to many people. I know people on here thinks covid is all his fault, but just in isolation he took on being called xenophobic by all the democrats just for shutting down planes coming from the centre of the outbreak. On that one Biden had to backtrack, and on many policies Biden had to start integrating some of Trump's agenda which was attacked by the establishment

He lost a hell of a lot of popularity with the military because the generals fundamentally disagreed with his isolationism (Mad Dog and others). Whereas it's actually the popular consensus to bring troops home and stay out of foreign wars, but that was deemed a negative for Trump by the media. I mean he could have just went with whatever Mattis said and saved himself any political loss there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement