Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I think VP elect Kamala's phone call "we did it Joe" has great potential to be the new rickroll..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

osarusan wrote: »
    Usually there is that speech where the winner says they received a very dignified call from their opponent, and where the loser says they called the winner to congratulate them. McCain's speech was really memorable in that respect, his true dignity in defeat and how he immediately quelled any booing efforts.

Guess that won't be happening this time.

I wonder will Trump be at the inauguration. Last time, he was able to say a few words about how helpful the Obamas had been during the transition. I'm sure Joe Biden is able to offer the same empty niceties, but will Trump be there to hear them.

No chance he'll be at the inauguration. More likely he'll hold a rally at the same time somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Usually there is that speech where the winner says they received a very dignified call from their opponent, and where the loser says they called the winner to congratulate them. McCain's speech was really memorable in that respect, his true dignity in defeat and how he immediately quelled any booing efforts.

I wonder will Trump be at the inauguration. Last time, he was able to say a few words about how helpful the Obamas had been during the transition. I'm sure Joe Biden is able to offer the same empty niceties, but will Trump be there to hear them.

That McCain speech was on one of the news channels the other night along with Bush 1.0 and Hillary's speeches. The difference between every one of them and Trump's behaviour was striking, and I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

duploelabs wrote: »
    No matter who they are, after personal experience of it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone

I have personal experince of worse than Parkinsons and I wouldn't hesitate to wish the same on Putin, particularly as he gets his jollies from using exceedingly nasty toxins and poisons on many of his victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If Trump is looking for some examples of how to concede gracefully he could do a lot worse than look at these.

https://twitter.com/JeriLRyan/status/1324778296781856769

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He looks like a beaten docket.

He is, 75 MILLION people bet against him and won.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No chance he'll be at the inauguration. More likely he'll hold a rally at the same time somewhere else.

Melania might go though. her and Obama are besties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Nigel Farage, a rotting cyst on the arse of a dead piss-rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump campaign called a lid again! Remember all the Trumpists on here laughing at Biden about that. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

namloc1980 wrote:
    He looks like a beaten docket.

Time to chuck that docket in the can.

• Advertisement

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Nigel Farage, a rotting cyst on the arse of a dead piss-rat.

not a fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

One of the two most powerful countries in the world trades one scumbag for another, and yet people celebrate it's 3 St Patrick's Days

The leader of America everyone

Biden touching girls compilation

The only good thing to emerge from this mountain of shíte is that Biden has to be surely better for all things Covid related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    One of the two most powerful countries in the world trades one scumbag for another, and yet people celebrate it's 3 St Patrick's Days

The only good thing to emerge from this mountain of shíte is that Biden has to be surely better for all things Covid related
    Excellent analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Have you considered a career in international diplomacy? you would be a natural.

I'm just too good at being diplomatic and gracious that I'd just make others jealous.

It would be rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If Trump is looking for some examples of how to concede gracefully he could do a lot worse than look at these.

https://twitter.com/JeriLRyan/status/1324778296781856769

The best comparison would be Gore. If they truly are compiling data and presenting to the courts on Monday (I'm not naive I know it is likely frivolous) then he has no obligation to do so. It's Trump so it'll never be gracious, but people are assuming he won't leave office but I'm certain once he exhausts the courts he will step down but continue tweeting about it forever more.

Another trump lid called! He's racking them up, I think he wants to beat Joe's record before he leaves the White House

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't want to think about what you typed in to youtube to find that

So another millionaire gets elected to the highest office in America.

It would be very odd if he wasn't:
    Majority of lawmakers in 116th Congress are millionaires

By Karl Evers-Hillstrom
    April 23, 2020

Trump is supposedly a billionaire, so Biden's a relative pauper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

True, but he didn't just claim it.

Some of it was hollow like all politicians but he took a lot of hits and used up a lot of political capital for certain policies and pushbacks that meant something to many people. I know people on here thinks covid is all his fault, but just in isolation he took on being called xenophobic by all the democrats just for shutting down planes coming from the centre of the outbreak. On that one Biden had to backtrack, and on many policies Biden had to start integrating some of Trump's agenda which was attacked by the establishment

He lost a hell of a lot of popularity with the military because the generals fundamentally disagreed with his isolationism (Mad Dog and others). Whereas it's actually the popular consensus to bring troops home and stay out of foreign wars, but that was deemed a negative for Trump by the media. I mean he could have just went with whatever Mattis said and saved himself any political loss there.

I don't agree with that interpretation of events tbh

He got some things right, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

But my point is - I think it's beneficial to not get bogged down in Trump any more. He's gone. We could argue all day about good Vs bad of Trump. We might convince each other about some points, but generally, probably not.

What IS important is what appealed about him. What was missing. Why do people feel he resonated (again ignoring the argument of whether or not he cared) and what can be done to improve the situation.

Similarly, Trump definitely did destroy lots of parts of society. Trump fans have to try and understand that it's not acceptable to disown the media** etc they too represent the views of real people and u can't all be 'fake' just because the message is different.

**There are major issues with journalism, but no where near what has been painted for Trumps gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Melania might go though. her and Obama are besties.

So Obama is diddling Melania and W Bush is diddling Michelle Obama because they get on very well.

If that trend continues...you have to feel sorry for Jill Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It has a million views and rising, it's not that hard to find at all

Trust Biden supporters on here and elsewhere to have complete blinkers on to him even touching kids though

There was no winner today. Both of them are disgusting "men"

I'm happy Biden got elected, even though the vote counting has a whiff of Zanu PF about it. I think he will be good for Ireland re brexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,128 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If someone had been earning what a Senator and then VP earns for that length of time and *wasn't* an asset millionaire, I wouldn't want them to them run a charity shop let alone a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Its gonna be a quiet at The Inauguration of the President with covid and since alot mailed in their vote. Good to see it will be kept sensible so the spread of the virus will not increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,256 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve only been watching cnn , so it may be a network bias, but I never thought I’d see news anchors openly calling a potus a liar and other names and generally sticking the knife in at any chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i thought trump would concede and make the call to biden. Bit more skeptical now as i think he will fight this to the bitter end.

whether or not trump turns up i dont think matters as much this time round to the transition. biden was VP only 4 years ago, and aside from Covid most of the same issues remain such as the ideological divide between red and left. i'm not sure about the various foreign policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Not hard tbh, "Creepy joe". ;)

I can show you similar images for Trump, only it's his own daughter, Ivanka, the one he's on record as wanting to....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,628 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's all over folks. We have a new President of the USA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement