Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Is PA going to finish a lot closer than people thought or are they still expecting Biden to take it with +100,000 votes?

a little closer but biden will still win by 50K+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭threeball

They did ranked choice voting in Maine for the first time, so third party candidate votes would be redistributed

https://reason.com/2020/09/23/maine-becomes-first-state-to-try-ranked-choice-voting-for-president/

Yes but it took 3 days and Maine is tiny. Plus there's only 2 candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I think he advocated for them to be shot iirc

well that is so much better. I was worried for a minute there.

She said all areas using the software need to go back and check.

No, they don't need to do anything.

"Fortunately, even if the county hadn't noticed, this would have been caught and corrected during Michigan's normal canvassing procedures, when they compare the results to the paper tapes from the machines."

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2020/november/michigan-county-still-red-after-election-results-user-error-showed-biden-winning-republican-stronghold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

drogon. wrote: »
    Any idea why Trump and his sons are looking for money to fight the election ?

Surely he is a billionaire :)

The reason he is a billionaire like all "rich" people is that they don't. use their own money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭endainoz

EmGLGJBWMAAY3Dr?format=jpg&name=small

It's a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭accensi0n

threeball wrote: »
    At least 50% of those who vote for Trump would vote for him if he was Republican, Democrat, Monster raving looney or Drown all immigrants party. Actually he'd probably get more if he headed up a party with the last name.

I would find that very very unlikely. Really doubt 35 million of those who voted republican would vote for Trump if he was running as a democrat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

well that is so much better. I was worried for a minute there.
    It's the little details...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,420 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Unbelievable how long its taking to count these votes, good job they don't operate a PR system or the next election would be in full swing by the time they'd finished this one.

Having worked with some Americans in various teams - it would confirm my experience- a lot of talk, drama with little action or indeed results. Absolutely ridiculously slow (especially as you say it's FPTP system which is just about counting numbers).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Tippex wrote: »
    The reason he is a billionaire like all "rich" people is that they don't. use their own money.

They generally do have their own money though.

That's where the billionaire thing comes from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Torpedojoe

Not going to lie
    Former trump supporter here
    We cant let kamala get the nuclear codes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

funnydoggy wrote: »

A welcome change to the Trump-criticizes-Trump type posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Torpedojoe wrote: »
    Not going to lie
    Former trump supporter here
    We cant let kamala get the nuclear codes

He’s back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,095 ✭✭✭✭briany

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yeah, but he was the guy the nation elected to be the president.

I think GOP will just move on, but of course they have other options too.

They can't just move on. They may love to do exactly that, but practically speaking they cannot distance themselves too far from Trump too quickly without alienating millions of potential voters, and I don't think they're willing to render themselves unelectable if only temporarily.

It's difficult to take Trumpism and make it into something more presentable, because a large component is inherently polarising. It's anti-science, anti-media, street-fighting, and proud ignorance. Hard to wrap that up in a nice package.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No, they don't need to do anything.

"Fortunately, even if the county hadn't noticed, this would have been caught and corrected during Michigan's normal canvassing procedures, when they compare the results to the paper tapes from the machines."

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2020/november/michigan-county-still-red-after-election-results-user-error-showed-biden-winning-republican-stronghold

There's posters here that think votes are counted only once and not double and triple checked. They're easily hoodwinked by the lies Trump is peddling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

funnydoggy wrote: »

The paris climate agreement that is non-binding and won't be adhered to by the two most populous nations. Even though it's non-binding China said they won't bother until 2030 which is par for the course for them as their negotiating tactic is to string idiots and captured elites along with false promises down the road.

But hey, make things more expensive for those competing with them i.e. us.

There's posters here that think votes are counted only once and not double and triple checked. They're easily hoodwinked by the lies Trump is peddling.

And they also don't know what signature matching is.

accensi0n wrote: »
    I would find that very very unlikely. Really doubt 35 million of those who voted republican would vote for Trump if he was running as a democrat.

The people that vote for trump know damn all about politics or policies. They love the theatre, the fact he's as racist, as homophobic, as ready to blame anyone but himself as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭francois

Smee_Again wrote: »
    He’s back.

Sleepyjoe / greta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The paris climate agreement that is non-binding and won't be adhered to by the two most populous nations. Even though it's non-binding China said they won't bother until 2030 which is par for the course for them as their negotiating tactic is to string idiots and captured elites along with false promises down the road.

Okay let's tear up the agreement and let the planet take its chances. Because the other fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The people that vote for trump know damn all about politics or policies. They love the theatre, the fact he's as racist, as homophobic, as ready to blame anyone but himself as they are.

Why do you think this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭westdublin

https://twitter.com/SamDeBrun/status/1324407572569481216

Id say he will refuse to accept defeat no matter what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Yep...

Its mostly "**** YEAH!!! 'MURICA.... PEW PEW"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324743346607124485

building sites as registered voters living there in Philly hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,202 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

endainoz wrote: »
    It's a disgrace Joe.
    Da gubbermint joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Graham wrote: »
    They generally do have their own money though.

That's where the billionaire thing comes from.

I didn't say that he doesn't have his own money but generally they will never use their own money they always use others and the profit becomes theirs. In sports the Glazers are a classic example.

How much of trumps own money will he have put into either of his runs? more than likely 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭westdublin

https://twitter.com/SamDeBrun/status/1324748645812633601

Is it too much to hope Hillary has sent him this today :D

And how does cheaper power and less energy usage make things more expensive, not to mention the jobs and economic uplift from such a policy. Only an idiot who cares nothing for this world would object to it. There's more to this planet than some sad ass making more money and consuming more junk to satisfy their own greed and narcissism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mr biden, the binoculars are on you now.

On the plus side, all the Republican observers won't have to go out and buy a new pair...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement