Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh, I was under impression the signatures don't have to match. What actually happens?

feel free to educate yourself on the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kerry_man15

All the celebrities now gloating and celebrating and complaining that Trump won't accept the result....hypocrites the lot of them. They've never accepted that Trump won in 2016 and having been whining and crying about it ever since and refusing to accept that he was "their president" even though he won the election fair and square.
    Gloating and rubbing the result in people's faces doesn't help to unify the country, it does the opposite, something they've accused Trump of doing all this time.
    I don't care for either side tbh but can't stand the holier than thou attitude of these celebrities. The US is as divided as ever no matter who the president is. This election has been far closer than anyone thought, the electorate has not rejected Trump or Trumpism, he has achieved more votes than the last time, in fact the second highest total ever and most by a sitting president. Not the crushing defeat that the mainstream press was hoping for and had led us to believe. America is in a pretty bad place right now, the division between sides is stark. Could make for an interesting few years.
    The Democrats can not complain however if Republicans make a fuss over the result as they have been doing it since the last election. They were very sore losers the last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

How do trump supporters think it hurts in a world where trump spent the last 8 years or so spreading bull**** like the Obama birther stuff and calling everyone he doesnt like a childish name.

"oh, but Joe wore a one hat making fun of Trump, he's basically Hitler"

i'm sure this thread has already been goodwinned.

did biden promote unity?
    does ripping the piss out of trump help achieve that goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

gmisk wrote: »
    This ...crap....again ..

*sycophantic jubilee*

*covid hugs*

*presidential-meme-hats*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Of course he could win if it goes to the Supreme court, the majority of them are his supporters.

Doesnt mean itd be the right result.

Win what exactly? There's no legal case. Every case they've taken to court this week so far has been trivial and essentially thrown out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

All the celebrities now gloating and celebrating and complaining that Trump won't accept the result....hypocrites the lot of them. They've never accepted that Trump won in 2016 and having been whining and crying about it ever since and refusing to accept that he was "their president" even though he won the election fair and square.
    Gloating and rubbing the result in people's faces doesn't help to unify the country, it does the opposite, something they've accused Trump of doing all this time.
    I don't care for either side tbh but can't stand the holier than thou attitude of these celebrities. The US is as divided as ever no matter who the president is. This election has been far closer than anyone thought, the electorate has not rejected Trump or Trumpism, he has achieved more votes than the last time, in fact the second highest total ever and most by a sitting president. Not the crushing defeat that the mainstream press was hoping for and had led us to believe. America is in a pretty bad place right now, the division between sides is stark. Could make for an interesting few years.
    The Democrats can not complain however if Republicans make a fuss over the result as they have been doing it since the last election. They were very sore losers the last time.

Super salty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The whole forged signature is a problem when a stranger gets his hand on a 100 ballots and forges them with signatures of names he finds somewhere, people he knows, phonebook ect. They would hopefully never be counted as the signature would be wrong.

In a home a person would have many many documents with signatures from people in the home, or can simply ask them to sign.
    Big difference, one is fraud, the others is '' oh well it's Covid Time, what can you do, it's acceptable this time round''

A Sister asking her brother, Uncle Bob who lives in the basement for a signature while he is drunk watching tv is a genuine vote his time round.

How come you keep ignoring the questions about why only Biden supporters would commit this fraud (and on a widespread enough scale to win an election of 150m voters)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Trump2016_ wrote: »
    Very disappointed Trump has been defeated. I am an educated person, very tuned into politics, media etc and I support Trump.

Do I agree with him on everything? No.
    For me, he is a symbol of the pushback against the prohibition of offence, political correctness and cancel culture.

If I support immigration laws - I am racist.
    If I think there's a problem with Islam - I am racist.
    If I think the world is caving into ultra minority groups at the expense of me - I am a transphobe etc.

We're not allowed to judge people anymore. We judge people all the time yet nowadays if you're open about it you're a bad person.

We have to pussyfoot around minorities and change our way of living to suit them. An example is all the people putting "pronouns" on their twitter profiles. Really, I'm supposed to not assume someone is a man or woman anymore?

And when people like me have these opinions, others don't understand. I'm a racist, I'm a fascist, I'm a transphobe etc. People talk about trump being awful and I just nod and agree. It was the same with Sinn Fein earlier this year. I voted SF for first time. People at work telling me it was madness they got so many votes. I sat there and agreed because people like me are not listened to. We're told what to be happy with.

We were told Trump is terrible, how the world would collapse and yet he'll finish his presidency and things haven't fallen apart. Ireland hasn't had any change with multinationals. But I see the Irish media are desperate for Irish illegals to get documentation now that Joe is president. I don't know how anyone can support illegal immigration - Irish people included.

In addition, people just don't trust mainstream news anymore. We don't trust governments to tell us the truth. They've been shown up too many times as lying to protect their interests. Obvious example is Covid. Every day we're told X died of Covid. Well, no, they had Covid but how many would have died anyways? They're old and frail and would die of flu if they got it.

The last 4/5 years have been so enjoyable for the memes. When life is so **** and unfair for a millenial, they were a great source of laughter. Bigly, Covfefe etc.

And lastly, I have to finish on the hypocrisy of the "left". People complaining how Trump spews hate and division yet Trump is flung with abuse over his weight, hair, skin colour, hands etc.

I reallty hope the Trump movement, the hats etc. stay around because I think the world needs it.

I'm sorry, but that came across as a lot of mass generalisations. A lot if what you said was almost directly a result of the media campaigns Trump ran and gloss over a lot real and severe issues that exist in our society.

The sitting president isn't accepting the outcome. You're comparing apples and oranges. Hillary Clinton conceded on election night last time even though the margins in a number of States were tighter then in this election.

Funkfield wrote: »
    Posted every few seconds/minutes from a new account.

Is it a meme so? Or are they all bots?

well its a meme now because i've just tweeted it on one of my alt twitter accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Are you kidding? The US or any western country doesn't use electronic voting machines anymore for reasons already explained.
    Huh? Are you serious or not?
    That's just not true.
    The US do use electronic voting machines....
    Maybe look at the facts before spouting more nonsense.

Without at least attempting to understand others, the division will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

feel free to educate yourself on the process.

Yea I can't find anything that says anything in more detail. Got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Yes, look at what voting for all the smooth talkers has gotten us. Trillions in debt, God knows how many wars.

Yes lets vote for more debt and more wars because Trump can be a dick. The "peace loving" Lefties really showed him.

BTW. You vote for polices. Not personality. Try it here one time. Ireland might not be so ****ed.

US national debt rose from $19.5 trillion in 2016 to $26.5 in mid 2020 (it was $22.7 trillion last year before you claim it was dropping before coronavirus).........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Well at least we have the Hunter Biden and Ukraine and China corruption sh1tshow to look forward to. We'll look back on the Trump presidency as a golden era of dignity and financial probity in comparison.

Are you kidding? The US or any western country doesn't use electronic voting machines anymore for reasons already explained.

try to educate yourself. some states in the US still use electronic voting machines. some of them dont even produce a paper receipt of the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

sabat wrote: »
    Well at least we have the Hunter Biden and Ukraine and China corruption sh1tshow to look forward to. We'll look back on the Trump presidency as a golden era of dignity and financial probity in comparison.

We will yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I actually feel like that downfall scene is the reality now, except obviously trump is nothing like hitler

No, he didn't gas Jews and Roma, and he didn't quite succeed in destroying democracy though he has brought it to the brink. Not bad for a president who never read the US constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

....sure we will....Rudy
    Zero verified information off that alleged laptop..dropped off with a beau biden foundation sticker to the blind repair shop owner....zero evidence of any wrongdoing on part of Joe Biden...Hunter wasn't actually running, do you realize that?

Two weeks...smoking gun...bla bla

Trump has shown zero dignity in office.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think anyone was complaining about vote fraud in 2016, well except for Trump who couldn't accept that Clinton got more votes that him.

Think everyone accepted the result of the count for the votes and the result of the EC, despite it being a stupid way to hold an election. People were complaining about Trumps actions before, during an after his presidency (his behaviour this week was easily predicted).

Nobody queried the vote (except Trump), just why people ticked the box next to the name Trump on the ballot papers.

• Advertisement

Yea I can't find anything that says anything in more detail. Got a link?

do your own research.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So this post here says Trump is clueless for being out golfing when receiving news he lost the presidency:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115212833&postcount=1424

It received 25 thanks.

Yet now we know so was Biden! Biden was golfing when he found out he won the presidency.

25 ridiculous NPCs just mindlessly thanking a post just because it talks about Trump golfing and frowns on it. It makes no ****ing sense.

Yes, yes, let the hatred flow through you.

Dignity??

That's the signal that it's time to call it a night. The beers are surely taking now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

robinph wrote: »
    If hes got one example he might get a couple of votes cancelled or a recount called at most.

But not enough to reverse the result in any of the states as the margins are too great, even in Georgia...but he'd need to get the results reversed in 4 different states. One of which they were calling for the counting to stop and another they were calling for the counting to continue.

Any judge will just tell them to feck off out of their court.

if a judge does tell him to feck off, he will just appeal to the next court until he ends up in the SC.

personally, i dont think these lawsuits will go anywhere. but what is the threshold for a recount?

i mean, if trump finds one dodgy vote in PA (for example) can he then ask for a full audit of all votes? not a recount, but a full audit.

that's the tactic i think he will try to use.

if he can do that, he would be able to prolong his presidency for a good while you would imagine.

i have no clue, but i think he will drag this out to the bitter end. i thought the republican hierarchy would stop this as it will damage them in future elections, but they dont have the power to do this?

Trump2016_ wrote: »
    I think the last week has shown "doctors" etc. are in the pockets of government.

#fakeMedicine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That quite frankly is nonsense. The ridicule directed at Trump is his refusal to accept the result. That is simply unprecedented in US politics. There has never been a president like Trump.
    Biden may not be perfect and nobody is that naive to think that suddenly all US problems will be solved but he will act like a President.
    Trump pissed all over the office of president. I think the vast majority of normal sensible republicans will be glad to see the back of him.

Joe's lead in Georgia now gone out to 9k. No way that's being turned around in any recount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Win what exactly? There's no legal case. Every case they've taken to court this week so far has been trivial and essentially thrown out.

How about late ballots in Pennsylvania for a start? That's a fact, they came in after the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

i'm sure this thread has already been goodwinned.

did biden promote unity?
    does ripping the piss out of trump help achieve that goal?

I hope non of the MAGA brigade/donnie have CNN on.. A sign calling him a Crumb Bum..

• Advertisement

if a judge does tell him to feck off, he will just appeal to the next court until he ends up in the SC.

personally, i dont think these lawsuits will go anywhere. but what is the threshold for a recount?

i mean, if trump finds one dodgy vote in PA (for example) can he then ask for a full audit of all votes? not a recount, but a full audit.

that's the tactic i think he will try to use.

if he can do that, he would be able to prolong his presidency for a good while you would imagine.

i have no clue, but i think he will drag this out to the bitter end. i thought the republican hierarchy would stop this as it will damage them in future elections, but they dont have the power to do this?

I think if they find one dodgy vote then one dodgy voter gets done.

That's it.

Assuming the official counts match (and there is no reason to think otherwise) then Trump will not be in the White House on the afternoon of Jan 20.

There's no extending, take backs or anything else. It's over. The only thing to do is accept that and work out how they can move forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement