Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How about late ballots in Pennsylvania for a start? That's a fact, they came in after the deadline.

the late ballots in PA were kept to one side and not counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Nice to see a few new names around as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

How about late ballots in Pennsylvania for a start? That's a fact, they came in after the deadline.

A few thousand and they have been segregated and not counted. Biden's lead in PA is now nearly 40k and counting. It's a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

can we agree to start bridging the divisions on Monday and have at it before then?

This us what I don't get.

The literal second after the confirmation, we had them all to a man, "don't be so gloaty".

I think after the amount of shít shovelled in the name of Trump for the last 5 years I think that people deserve a couple of days of cathartic release.

Seriously, f**k that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They did as did north carolina....and it was perfectly legal.
    What's your point?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-absentee-ballots.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

if he can do that, he would be able to prolong his presidency for a good while you would imagine.

AFAIK he cant be there beyond 20th Jan. It reverts to an interim I think (Pelosi maybe? ) . Thought I'd read it somewhere when the stuff about Trump maybe refusing to leave started a few months back.

Being a bot is great isn't it?

Takes one to know one I guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so much for fox news dignity. watching them now you'd think the election is not resolved yet. pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

prinzeugen wrote: »
    It happens if the former tenants don't inform someone they have moved. I get mail addresed to a person that moved 20 years ago because he didn't update his address.

There is nothing fraudulent about it.

My Seanad postal vote is coming to an address I vacated over 50 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

the late ballots in PA were kept to one side and not counted.

Oh my god yes they were - they were counted and kept segregated.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/07/pennsylvania-election-lawsuit-counties-segregating-late-ballots/6201926002/

That's a huge case right there. What will make things tricky is 1) precedence with siding with votes having been counted remain counted and 2) that Trump needs more than Pennsylvania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,202 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

joe40 wrote: »
    Republican could easily do the same.

Yea, but Trump told them not too. It was 85% 15% to Democrats in mail in voting.

Trump in hindsight should have made sure his base was requesting ballots, and flooding them with them regardless, the way the democrats did.

People say Trump is the most hated President, while if you look at numbers it's the case he was indeed the most voted for ever.

I'm no Trump supporter by the way, just a realist , I don't need CNN to tell me what to think, they have spewed hate for Trump 24/7 since he came into office, that kinda of brain washing is what caused a lot of the hate towards him and his base.
    Trump was great on somethings, not so great on many others. Done a lot of good, done a lot of bad.

But with leftist media he was a Demon, pure evil, hated blacks, women, Muslims ect. Again facts would show he only increased his support with those groups

• Trump2016_ wrote: »
    we claim they're Irish like the small minded people we are.

Speak for yourself, bro

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Takes one to know one I guess. :)

*Beep**Bip**Bop* Affirmative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

if he can do that, he would be able to prolong his presidency for a good while you would imagine.

i have no clue, but i think he will drag this out to the bitter end. i thought the republican hierarchy would stop this as it will damage them in future elections, but they dont have the power to do this?

His presidency ends at noon on the 20th January regardless of what happens. From looking at reports it looks like the senior republicans will give Trump this coming week to show his evidence of massive fraud and go to court. After that they'll step in and tell him the game is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

OH THANK GAAAWD!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,256 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

numbnutz wrote: »
    Hardly surprising as he has treated journalists like absolute filth. I'm actually looking forward to when Trump actually grows a pair and tries to face them down again he will be savaged.
    Regarding the scenes of Bidens win its like the end of Star Wars when the Death Star was blown up....amazing scenes of spontaneous joy.
    Kayleigh McEnanys tweet on the crowds gathering is just pure joy.
    I swear I thought of that scene too!

Trump2016_ wrote: »
    The country is controlled by a relatively tiny number of people.

Yes that is how a democracy works. How does that imply doctors are in the pocket of the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trump2016_ wrote: »
    I think the last week has shown "doctors" etc. are in the pockets of government.
    Would you prefer the doctors that Trump seems to hold in high esteem instead?
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/stella-immanuel-alien-dna-demon-donald-trump-jr-twitter-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquin-a9642826.html
    Christ on a bike.

To the winner goes the spoils. Seeing as most have been banned or deserted there's only a few foils left. I'll admit it's grating that there's such a lack of originality in simply appropriating the insults of Trump supporters but that's nothing new and nobody's fault here. Maybe another simpsons lemon image?

Don't mind if I do:

zuteFVSk4-rpMJsCQlHpaeit-3c=.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

OH THANK GAAAWD!
    Imagine how much LESS anxiety in the world there would be for all of us ...if all the dictators were replaced with reasonable democratically elected leaders!

I think we would be a new species!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Yea, but Trump told them not too. It was 85% 15% to Democrats in mail in voting.

Trump in hindsight should have made sure his base was requesting ballots, and flooding them with them regardless, the way the democrats did.

People say Trump is the most hated President, while if you look at numbers it's the case he was indeed the most voted for ever.

I'm no Trump supporter by the way, just a realist , I don't need CNN to tell me what to think, they have spewed hate for Trump 24/7 since he came into office, that kinda of brain washing is what caused a lot of the hate towards him and his base.
    Trump was great on somethings, not so great on many others. Done a lot of good, done a lot of bad.

But with leftist media he was a Demon, pure evil, hated blacks, women, Muslims ect. Again facts would show he only increased his support with those groups

i thought these ballot cards were sent out to everyone?

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Yes, look at what voting for all the smooth talkers has gotten us. Trillions in debt, God knows how many wars.

Yes lets vote for more debt and more wars because Trump can be a dick. The "peace loving" Lefties really showed him.

BTW. You vote for polices. Not personality. Try it here one time. Ireland might not be so ****ed.

We do that is why trump wanabes like the np, ifp get no where.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I don't think people have been spewing that much hate regarding the above, but yea I'll agree there's no need for it.
    You do realise there's a difference between some random Irish person on the internet saying his hair looks stupid and the president of the United States saying something though right?

An excercise in false equivalence if ever there was.

Laughing at a vain loser* and abusing and disrespecting the office if president for petty personal battle are clearly different.

Incidentally I don't particularly subscribe to slagging trump. His behaviour is consistent with certain personality disorders and it feels wrong to attack him over something that might not be his fault.

*Official votes pending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Something a little pathetic about the legions of Irish people on this site who would have you believe they are emerging from some kind of deep emotional four year trauma. Get over yourselves ffs. Astonishing how easily people are lead around by the nose.

i've accepted the fact that biden has won. but wearing that hat was stupid. ripping the piss outta trump while on the other hand promoting unity?

Did you read about his policies in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Has this been posted?

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/1325162832237719553

To quote another comment I saw, the ultimate participation trophy

Almost as pathetic as some people who go to the bother of creating multiple accounts after been banned multiple times and then picking a ridiculous username, how very small time a bizarre if this person is indeed Irish

Ye, was trying to work out who it was as well. I suspect I know, but not sure.

Did you read about his policies in the meantime?

Nooo not again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,044 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

if a judge does tell him to feck off, he will just appeal to the next court until he ends up in the SC.

personally, i dont think these lawsuits will go anywhere. but what is the threshold for a recount?

i mean, if trump finds one dodgy vote in PA (for example) can he then ask for a full audit of all votes? not a recount, but a full audit.

that's the tactic i think he will try to use.

i have no clue, but i think he will drag this out to the bitter end. i thought the republican hierarchy would stop this as it will damage them in future elections, but they dont have the power to do this?

As far as I know that is where he is going

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement