Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Strumms wrote: »
    The GOP Twitter is in meltdown

“Contribute now to the official Election Defense Fund!”

https://mobile.twitter.com/gop?lang=en

“We can’t allow the left wing mob to undermine our election “

“The democrats will try and steal this election”

Mad.

Apparently the fine print in that funding appeal states that 50% of your contribution may be used to pay outstanding debts by Trumps campaign rather than funding an upcoming legal fights.

A used car sales man would have less shame than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'm pro trump (and disappointed :o), biden has been around for 47 years and achieved squat.
    his website has policies of things that trump did.

https://joebiden.com/two-tax-policies/

he even quotes fact checkers on his website:
    While Trump and his allies have sought to mislead, deceive, and flat-out lie by suggesting Biden will raise taxes on ordinary Americans, fact-checkers have called this desperate line of attack what it is — false.

without giving his own policies.

so, yeah, i'm eating sour grapes :p

for the biden fans: what do you expect of him?

froog wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Apparently the fine print in that funding appeal states that 50% of your contribution may be used to pay outstanding debts by Trumps campaign rather than funding an upcoming legal fights.

That’s nuts I mean, it’s like something from a Hollywood movie. The guy is fûcked In the brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Oh he's gone now

Nope. Still 45th president of the United States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Not to be a complete cúnt.

A low bar has been set for him admittedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

jmayo wrote: »
    Yeah like a boil on your ar**

This is America.

And you have to remember his late son served in Iraq in 2008/2009 and I think that is why he always says that for the troops.

I am not into God, but I can understand some people believing in him, especially people who have had losses in their lives and a belief in some God can give them some hope, solace, etc.

Joe Biden lost his first wife and baby girl.
    And then he lost his son Beau.

Burying two children can't have been easy and if a belief in God helped him then fair enough.

Yeah fair enough. Maybe someday if I go through anything like that I may need it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I already miss John King

Me too

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is that healthcare plan still only 2 weeks away? He's only got 2 months to pony up now......

Double degree qualified, former California Attorney General and senator is in your mind a 'token candidate'. But the repeated failed venture business man, first time elected office candidate was just right for the role.

Those of us who read your posts here might think you would hold such a view, and then you just go and type it out yourself to leave no doubt.

Sounds even more qualified than trump?
    I wonder what it is about her that is getting their back up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Nope. Still 45th president of the United States.

Woops, thought I put "metaphorically" in parentheses

Oh! I did! I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

no tweets from donny.

tenor.gif?itemid=5532862

Oh he's gone now (metaphorically) there's no way the American system will lap him up again after expelling him through it's excretory system.

He's history - no way back.

While I was kind of joking, Trump is a lame duck now. What's he planning to do between now and January? Is there seriously any point or benefit to him remaining in office?

i'm pro trump (and disappointed :o), biden has been around for 47 years and achieved squat.

While Trump and his allies have sought to mislead, deceive, and flat-out lie by suggesting Biden will raise taxes on ordinary Americans, fact-checkers have called this desperate line of attack what it is — false.

To not be a fan of white supremacists, maybe? I'm setting the bar low.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's the dems' way of sneaking in a lady and minority at that as president since they know people would never vote for one outright.

FFS

shemara-wikramanayake.jpeg

Shemara Wikramanayake became Macquarie Group Limited’s Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 1 December 2018.

Shemara joined Macquarie in 1987 and worked in Macquarie Capital for 20 years before being appointed Head of Macquarie Asset Management in 2008.

As Head of the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets business in New York for four years from 2004, Shemara led the establishment of Macquarie’s infrastructure funds in the US and Canada.

Before that, she led Macquarie Capital’s prudential team for four years, reviewing all transactions in which the business took a principal position. She also established and led Macquarie’s corporate advisory offices in New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

72375990.jpg

Sundar Pichai, Current CEO of Google.

satya-nadella-cortana-640x320.jpg

Satya Nadella, Current CEO of Microsoft

If what you say is true, it reflects more poorly on 'the people' than the Democrats. Sneaking in a female from a minority implies a need to subterfuge due to innate inferiority. You need to cop on, as do any who think like you.

To be not a big childish moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1325221098003304453

While Hollywood fawns over their new rich boy, Bernie is taking Banks Bailouts Biden to absolute task here: https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1325221098003304453

Media isn't covering this of course because they think the job is done: Orange man gone, banks happy, status quo preserved. Happy days for them.

But Bernie is 100% right here. Obama and Biden listened to nothing but corporate elites who lied to the working people and kept them in poverty. Exact same situation all across Europe too. And Ireland. Great speeches like tonight but selling us all out to banks and corporations.

But maybe Biden will reluctantly feel pressure to at least try to do things differently from his former boss. Kinda doubt it since he has done nothing but praise Obama.

America is very lucky to have someone like Bernie telling it like it is regardless of what his own party think of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i expect someone who;

does not encourage and enable white supremacists and other far right scum
    acknowledges the seriousness of COVID
    acknowledges the seriousness of global warming
    is not a mental child whose sole driving force is a the adoration of people
    can speak intelligently and thoughtfully
    cares about american people

• Registered Users Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Strumms wrote: »
    That’s nuts I mean, it’s like something from a Hollywood movie. The guy is fûcked In the brain.

What is fcuked in the brain is that so much is known about what that guy is like with examples such as this being in the lower scale of what he is capable of and yet 70M people said on Tuesday I want him to be President again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I said theres atleast once where this may have been the case, she may have opened the door like this but obviously didnt stay without merit. She was definitely picked for her race and gender over her experience though, joe even admitted himself that he only wanted a woman VP.

I think shes a token candidate , ill own the crap out of that.

Just stop

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    Not to be a complete cúnt.

A low bar has been set for him admittedly.

what do you think he wants to do given that low bar?

i dont mind the use of that word at all, its a nothing term. was always confused by the derision it gets. b**tard is far more offensive IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Double degree qualified, former California Attorney General and senator is in your mind a 'token candidate'. But the repeated failed venture business man, first time elected office candidate was just right for the role.

Those of us who read your posts here might think you would hold such a view, and then you just go and type it out yourself to leave no doubt.

Don't you know if you're a woman that's black the only way you could get anywhere in life is due to tokenism....but also there's no sort of discrimination in the world so people are where they are is because of their own hard work.

Also, I'm a lonely white man who feels disenfranchised. I need a hug.

Ah there's one born every minute, similar to the waivers his supporters had to sign when attending his rallies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I said theres atleast once where this may have been the case, she may have opened the door like this but obviously didnt stay without merit. She was definitely picked for her race and gender over her experience though, joe even admitted himself that he only wanted a woman VP.

I think shes a token candidate , ill own the crap out of that.

I assume you thought the same when Trump picked Pence as token Christian nutjob to play up to the fundamentalists in the Republican party?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

It does seem a bit mental to have to wait until late January to start implementing their covid plan. There should be special allowance to get that started now.

Yep that is needed now. There is likely to be another 50k deaths before 20th Jan. They shoild be able to go in much quicker

To not be a fan of white supremacists, maybe? I'm setting the bar low.

maybe i'm wrong...did he not condemn them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I assume you thought the same when Trump picked Pence as token Christian nutjob to play up to the fundamentalists in the Republican party?

If you can find me a quote where trump says ‘ill only pick a christian fundamentalist’ ill agree with it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

maybe i'm wrong...did he not condemn them?

35-40 times.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hahahahaha the salt in this thread in absolutely phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

While I was kind of joking, Trump is a lame duck now. What's he planning to do between now and January? Is there seriously any point or benefit to him remaining in office?

I had an inkling you were just putting the idea out there alright.

You're right of course, an accelerated transition would be a huge advantage.

Considering the Covid situation, maybe something can be arranged ??

I'm heartened by the way in which he has been spewed out, the Biden/Harris team have obviously been given the thumbs up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement