Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tippex wrote: »
    Yep that is needed now. There is likely to be another 50k deaths before 20th Jan. They shoild be able to go in much quicker

If not more. Nearly three more months of Donnie giving even less of a fück than he does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Is there any chance Trump could just **** off on Monday and let Joe take over a bit sooner?

And can he take a couple of racist mysogynist posters with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's a scam. A huge chunk of the money is going to paying off Trump's election campaign debt.

Maybe. But he's is probably going to Jail once he leaves office anyway. I can imagine all those lawsuits will be piling up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Faugheen wrote: »
    Hahahahaha the salt in this thread in absolutely phenomenal.

It's only gonna get saltier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Faugheen wrote: »
    Hahahahaha the salt in this thread in absolutely phenomenal.

Yeah.. Turns out they really did love the guy, kinda sweet in a messed up way. A lot of pain coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭briany

i'm pro trump (and disappointed :o), biden has been around for 47 years and achieved squat.
    his website has policies of things that trump did.

https://joebiden.com/two-tax-policies/

he even quotes fact checkers on his website:
    While Trump and his allies have sought to mislead, deceive, and flat-out lie by suggesting Biden will raise taxes on ordinary Americans, fact-checkers have called this desperate line of attack what it is — false.

without giving his own policies.

so, yeah, i'm eating sour grapes :p

for the biden fans: what do you expect of him?

It's not even a case of being a Biden fan. It's much more a case of relief that someone with class and dignity is soon to be POTUS again. Someone not wont to be roaring about the radical left on Twitter, and actively stoking tensions in his own country. Someone who doesn't act like an insane person. Someone who's not a right wing grifter, a sleazy conman, an overtly cruel and vindictive person with no principles. Not someone who refuses to dismiss Qanon, for god sake. Someone who's not a giant moron, or someone who has no qualms about playing to the extremely hateful and angry morons (around 70 million of them). Someone who's not Donald Trump, basically.

But don't worry, Biden will not be above criticism, but at least the criticism can be on boring points of policy and not acting like a bellicose, obnoxious, pig ignorant lunatic.

Goodnight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dignified and energetic victory speech by Joe Biden earlier. Kamala Harris is a very impressive person in terms of her charisma, intelligence and experience.

I really hope the USA can try to begin to move on and put the Trump years behind them.

Anyone else think he’s start a siege at the White House come January?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The MAGA devotees who called democrats snowflakes and crybabies in 2016 when Trump won don't see any irony in supporting the public tantrums being thrown by the toddler-in-chief in the White House. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

vojiwox wrote: »
    To be not a big childish moron.

that's why you support someone?

X is a wanker (in your IMO). Y Isnt X.

i'll support Y.

is that your reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If you can find me a quote where trump says ‘ill only pick a christian fundamentalist’ ill agree with it

Thought so. You'll have a go at Harris for being a token choice but you're happy to give Pence a pass for being the same.

Or maybe you genuinely think Pence was chosen for his political skills, charisma and personality. I don't know which is worse.

• Advertisement

35-40 times.

Those very fine people, sure. Good luck. I'm already on a warning. I don't need to give a MOD anymore crap to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Excellent speeches from Harris and Biden.congrats to them.
    Go on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

briany wrote: »
    It's not even a case of being a Biden fan. It's much more a case of relief that someone with class and dignity is soon to be POTUS again. Someone not wont to be roaring about the radical left on Twitter, and actively stoking tensions in his own country. Someone who doesn't act like an insane person. Someone who's not a right wing grifter, a sleazy conman, an overtly cruel and vindictive person with no principles. Not someone who refuses to dismiss Qanon, for god sake. Someone who's not a giant moron, or someone who has no qualms about playing to the extremely hateful and angry morons (around 70 million of them). Someone who's not Donald Trump, basically.

But don't worry, Biden will not be above criticism, but at least the criticism can be on boring points of policy and not acting like a bellicose, obnoxious, pig ignorant lunatic.

Goodnight.

Yep, in a nutshell !

There's many a country that wouldn't have survived 4 long years of Trump.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Why am I in the least bit surprised that of all the places in Ireland that Trump apologists and diehards would populate, it would be in these forums? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thought so. You'll have a go at Harris for being a token choice but you're happy to give Pence a pass for being the same.

Or maybe you genuinely think Pence was chosen for his political skills, charisma and personality. I don't know which is worse.

Would you admit both are identity picks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

what do you think he wants to do given that low bar?

I don't expect that Biden will actually achieve a whole lot over his term. I think American politics is stuck and it's not going to get unstuck very soon.

Where I do expect a big difference (and what I think was Trump's biggest failure) is how he will deal with Covid. I think that Trump is directly responsible for tens of thousands and deaths from Covid that could have been avoided if Trump had led properly on it. I think that it was unforgivable that he played politics with that.

After that, just the fact that there's going to be a President who doesn't wake up in the morning and take his direction from whoever is today's guest on Fox & Friends, is hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Apparently the fine print in that funding appeal states that 50% of your contribution may be used to pay outstanding debts by Trumps campaign rather than funding an upcoming legal fights.

A used car sales man would have less shame than him.

Would you buy a used car from Trump?
    i'm pro trump (and disappointed :o), biden has been around for 47 years and achieved squat.
    for the biden fans: what do you expect of him?

Well I know he has decency, decorum, class so don't expect him to insult people, engage in childish name calling, and disrespectful behaviour towards his own militay, public servants, law enforcement officers, and even political opponents.

I expect him to rebuild bridges with other countries
    not remove US from WHO
    not demonise groups
    do something serious about covid
    acknowledge scientific evidence on things like covid, climate change
    not try and use dept of justice, fbi, etc to target people and make these bodies somewhat politically independent again.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

i'll support Y.

is that your reasoning?

I never said these things? Did you reply to wrong person?

Would you admit both are identity picks ?

Honestly? I think Harris comes across as a capable politician but yes, I think identity played a role in her being picked.

"Inflexion point" sir,
    it refers to a point on a curve where the direction of a hypothetical tangential line . . . . .
    oh never mind sir

( that's just my guess as to how an inflexion point might BEGIN to be defined )

• Advertisement

Honestly? I think Harris comes across as a capable politician but yes, I think identity played a role in her being picked.

Thats fair. I think identity almost always comes in to vp picks. The difference for me is joe was forthright in telling people he was only picking a woman, almost like a ‘magicians secrets revealed’ , it was always something done, he put it in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

trump will be so butthurt he won't do a single thing on COVID for the next 3 months at the most crucial time in the pandemic. that will be his most wretched legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

i'll support Y.

is that your reasoning?

It's a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Tippex wrote: »
    Yep that is needed now. There is likely to be another 50k deaths before 20th Jan. They shoild be able to go in much quicker

how does that compare on a per capita basis with any other country?

deaths: 10th per capita.
    cases: 16th per capita

given the fact that the US is the 3rd most traveled to destination, you can understand why those stats would be high?

did trump not try to shut down that travel? maybe i'm mis remembering

Thats fair. I think identity almost always comes in to vp picks. The difference for me is joe was forthright in telling people he was only picking a woman, almost like a ‘magicians secrets revealed’ , it was always something done, he put it in the open.

Why do you seem to see it as a bad thing in this case? You say identity always plays a role in the VP choice, I think that's a fair statement. Why take issue with it now and not previously?

jmayo wrote: »

Well I know he has decency, decorum, class so don't expect him to insult people, engage in childish name calling, and disrespectful behaviour towards his own militay, public servants, law enforcement officers, and even political opponents.

How can someone that voted for the Iraq War be considered to have decency and class?

During his term as vice president America bombed seven countries and dropped over 25,000 bombs in 2016 alone...

His drone strikes killed 90% civilians...

Slave markets in Libya...

Caging refugees...

1994 Crime Bill...

i'll support Y.

is that your reasoning?

Suppose there were only 2 makes of car available, SplutterStall & CreakBreak

If you bought one of those makes and it fell apart, which would you buy next ?

As the well known parable goes -- "Never bite a shy dog twice"

Why do you seem to see it as a bad thing in this case? You say identity always plays a role in the VP choice, I think that's a fair statement. Why take issue with it now and not previously?

And again... I always have an issue with identity politics , religion is no different.

Had an issue with biden in 08 as he was clearly there to get fence sitting GOP voters over the line die to his previous views on abortion, race mixing etc.. he’s about one of the most centerist candidates (by only US standards)

Had an issue with pence in 16 as im not into the bible thumpers at all

Have an issue with harris for the obvious tickbox marking for race and gender.

The biggest difference this time is joe is the first present to admit it was identity first, experience secondary.

how does that compare on a per capita basis with any other country?

deaths: 10th per capita.
    cases: 16th per capita

given the fact that the US is the 3rd most traveled to destination, you can understand why those stats would be high?

did trump not try to shut down that travel? maybe i'm mis remembering

The stats are high because he made covid a political issue in his mind and ignored all medical and scientific advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

How can someone that voted for the Iraq War be considered to have decency and class?

During his term as vice president America bombed seven countries and dropped over 25,000 bombs in 2016 alone...

His drone strikes killed 90% civilians...

Slave markets in Libya...

Caging refugees...

1994 Crime Bill...

16079.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement