Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Next Regime Change War?

• 06-11-2020 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Given that Trump was against regime change wars and regularly spoke out against the military industrial complex (first US president in 40 years to not invade another country) it is very likely we will return to the good old 'spreading democracy' days under the Biden/Harris presidency.

Which country is this most likely to occur against? Russian and North Korean relations with US will not be as friendly now, to name the most worrying two. PS this is not a pro or anti either candidate post, just don't like the war craic. Interesting article below highlighting the US profit to be made from war.
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/39092315

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ethiopia is on the brink of civil war since an operation was launched 2 days ago to reassert control over the northern Tigray region after separatists attacked a government army base

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54838282

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

50 posts In ,

Now that Putin is meeting karma I'd say Eastern Ukraine ,south oscetia and Belarus are on shakey ground,Assad must be ****ting himself now daddy Putin won't be around to save him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Gatling wrote: »
    Now that Putin is meeting karma I'd say Eastern Ukraine ,south oscetia and Belarus are on shakey ground,Assad must be ****ting himself now daddy Putin won't be around to save him again

You must be champing at the bit Gatling. We all know you love a good war [from the sidelines].

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

It's happening in Washington at the moment.

Not necessarily in a good way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

When I saw this thread pop up, I thought; very interesting.
    As in, we are going to be in for very interesting times in all our futures with the vacuum of Trump and Putin.
    How is your Mandarin classes going people?

• Advertisement

I reckon we'll be seeing movement more towards South America. There just isn't the support for foreign wars, whereas SA is still considered their backyard. Perhaps a reactivation for the war on drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Biden will probably stop the return of Afghanistan troops so that war will continue.

He will probably start bombing Yemen (even though he says he won't).

Either way, he will pick up after Obama and become another Dems war president.
    Gotta keep that complex happy.
    Joe Biden, like­ly to secure the elec­toral col­lege votes he needs to win the pres­i­den­tial elec­tion,
    bears direct respon­si­bil­i­ty for a host of griev­ous for­eign pol­i­cy harms, from the 2003 U.S. inva­sion of Iraq
    to the occu­pa­tion and per­se­cu­tion of Pales­tini­ans to the still-ongo­ing war in Afghanistan. SRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Hearing from people CNN says Dick Cheney will be advising Biden on foreign policy. Not a fresh start. Do we really need these mad men whispering in Biden ear? I hope for the best with Biden, news like this if true, sets things back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If Cheney is advising then Iran is in trouble.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,489 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Given that Trump was against regime change wars and regularly spoke out against the military industrial complex (first US president in 40 years to not invade another country) it is very likely we will return to the good old 'spreading democracy' days under the Biden/Harris presidency.

Which country is this most likely to occur against? Russian and North Korean relations with US will not be as friendly now, to name the most worrying two. PS this is not a pro or anti either candidate post, just don't like the war craic. Interesting article below highlighting the US profit to be made from war.
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/39092315

I'd say he was just too incapable, corrupt and impotent to ever get to it more than anything else.
    Kivaro wrote: »
    When I saw this thread pop up, I thought; very interesting.
    As in, we are going to be in for very interesting times in all our futures with the vacuum of Trump and Putin.
    How is your Mandarin classes going people?

男人女人人攝像機電視
    man woman person camera tv

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

男人女人人攝像機電視

"Man woman man camera tv"?

But certainly an Interesting viewpoint. Could you elaborate on that?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

US foreign policy is so hard to juggle. Good men can look bad as they try to maintain the global order, albeit one that propagates the western democracy is good bias.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

It will happen for sure. Hopefully we see some black hawk down type event's to lol at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Was the us abandoning it's kurdish allies in syria a "peaceful " move ,

Obama was critized by many for not bombing the assad regieme over chemical weapons ...

Can't see the Yanks bombing yemen , the Saudis are well capable of that and they're buying us bombs and planed to do it with .

If I was guessing, it'll involve turkey , either a turkish proxy war, or the Turks cutting off water to iraq , or something similar to the greek turkish stand off , the Egyptian / turkish dramas , ngorno karabach , turkey having a go at France , turkey doing something drastic against the kurds .
    Plus their currency is in crisis ... So a good external show of force would help at home ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

gozunda wrote: »
    "Man woman man camera tv"?

But certainly an Interesting viewpoint. Could you elaborate on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Markcheese wrote: »

Can't see the Yanks bombing yemen , the Saudis are well capable of that and they're buying us bombs and planed to do it with .

They have been bombing targets in Yemen since Obama got in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hearing from people CNN says Dick Cheney will be advising Biden on foreign policy. Not a fresh start. Do we really need these mad men whispering in Biden ear? I hope for the best with Biden, news like this if true, sets things back.

I've found one tweet saying CNN said Cheney will advise Biden and nothing else. Any more sources?

I've found one tweet saying CNN said Cheney will advise Biden and nothing else. Any more sources?
    Why doesn't he just shuffle off this mortal coil and do the world a favour?
    He's already had about 50 heart attacks. It's true what they say 'you can't kill a bad thing'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Why doesn't he just shuffle off this mortal coil and do the world a favour?
    He's already had about 50 heart attacks. It's true what they say 'you can't kill a bad thing'.
    Joe Biden?

• Advertisement

Joe Biden?
    No, Cheney the scumbag. Rumsfeld and Baby Bush can feck off and die too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ISIS are gaining traction in Afghanistan. The democrats will owe Jeep a favour after they paid for that product placement at his speeches. Based in Ohio too, so they'll want to win that back. A nice military contract will go down well

Maybe they might even go for Nigeria. A ton of Oil and Islamists control a very large part of the country (not in Oil country though). It would be a good way to flood Europe with more Migrants too.

Or maybe the oil wars are over. Maybe Cobalt is the future. DR Congo? They'll need to find a good excuse for that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The chinese have been buying up africa trading infrastructure for land and influence. If biden cops it I wouldnt be surprised if they had a war in africa to ‘liberate’ a country or two... countries with rare earth metals and other resources

Yes, another sweet proxy war to keep the military industry happy.
    And just like Vice President Cheney gave his own company Halliburton the oil rights in Iraq after President Bush invaded, I'm sure Hunter Biden will sit on the boards of some more companies after his dad have bombed the **** out of the natives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Belarus possibly. Although it would be applied pressure rather than forceful regime change.

Syria

Iran

A new campaign to subdue Afghanistan again

The Caucusus

Everywhere else is relatively calm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

The chinese have been buying up africa trading infrastructure for land and influence. If biden cops it I wouldnt be surprised if they had a war in africa to ‘liberate’ a country or two... countries with rare earth metals and other resources

Yep, rare earths is where it's at now,
    China is the top producer at the moment because you know, no human rights and all that, a lot of cancer villages and toxic lakes popping up in China, but we need them touch screens nice and shiny, and America and Australia recently pissed China off by trying to come together and find there own rare earths,

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Belarus possibly. Although it would be applied pressure rather than forceful regime change.

Syria

Iran

We know Afghanistan is far from over definitely going to see an increase in US to NATO forces ,till the Afghans stand up and say they don't want the Taliban or Isis they will keep coming,

Can't see the assad regime lasting long without putin to prop him up and who ever replaces putin won't be committing several hundred thousand troops to stabilise what little area assad has some control over as well as fight the Kurds and then turkey .

Iran is interesting protests are getting bigger and lasting longer every year and the number of original revolutionaries are shrinking yearly could eventually see a younger more open government eventually comes through , still a possibility of some conflict in state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Biker79 wrote: »

Tons of various Islamist groups fighting in Africa for donkey years all for various reasons none on the scale of Isis or having isis type goals

• Advertisement

I think China has too many interests in various African countries for Biden to risk stepping on their toes.
    That said, ISIS/Boko Haram/al Shabaab could do with a pounding.

Advertisement