Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Regime Change War?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Just remembered , you'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't ...
    But long term you make things worse if you handle every thing like a klutz ..
    Bush's buddies wanted iraq ... To such an extent they took their eye off afghanistan. And they didn't have a plan for iraq except knock it over ...
    There was a reason bush senior didn't go there ... (With largely the same advisors) ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

533333.jpeg
    Lockheed Martins investors were worried about that election, but now its all back on track its war baby war... straight to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For me Biden is just a placeholder for Harris.
    And no one really knows what her foreign politics are. Will she be a war starter like Biden?
    Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Markcheese wrote: »
    Just remembered , you'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't ...
    But long term you make things worse if you handle every thing like a klutz ..
    Bush's buddies wanted iraq ... To such an extent they took their eye off afghanistan. And they didn't have a plan for iraq except knock it over ...
    There was a reason bush senior didn't go there ... (With largely the same advisors) ...

The funny thing I believe and think other's have suggested it too Iraq was never the target ,to think they could still be sorting Afghanistan and actually rebuilding the country if they stayed well clear of Saddam who likely would have gotten toppled internally ,
    I reckon invading Iraq only happened so they could use it as a launch pad to topple Iran , only Iran got the last laugh when they supported the various groups who ravaged Iraq with sectarians conflicts ,
    Numerous reports came out of Iraq where senior Iranian military officer's were training and equipping various terror and insurgency groups ,and whenever they got caught Iraq would be told they were official diplomats and were sent back to iran and faced zero prosecutions ,
    I believe Isis has some kind of ties to Iran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Biden is a good old fashioned American. No lover of regimes be they communist or religious in nature. Hopefully he sends the boys into the Middle East and keeps those hairy freaks so busy in their own back yard, they won't have time for anything else. Maybe we get lucky and he loses his marbles while hovering over the red button and he nukes the whole poisoned peninsula.

Biden and Obama agreed and signed a nuclear agreement deal with Iran, and as we know Trump tore up that deal. Logic suggests an Iran/regional war is off the table with Biden in power. There very few options for war in the middle east today. The wild card still Trump( still has some time he has left in office to do damage) Trump sided with Israel here on everything they have done in the past four years, with. Biden my view unlikely to be begin a new war there as President, Israel may preempt before Trump leaves?

Russia is more of a wild card here. If the rumors are true, Putin sick and may have to retire early. The next leader will have to deal with Biden who's promoted publically in forums and public speeches/ addresses they are still the bad guys on the block. Right now Eastern Europe relatively peaceful too, time will tell where that relationship ends up?

China and North Korea are the most likely areas for hostile events to take place in the future. North Korea was relatively calm since Trump met Kim and that may change up when Trump returns to normal life. Biden and Harris tenure will be an interest watch, and stakes are too high for them to mess up in that
    South and east Asia egion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

biko wrote: »
    Biden will probably stop the return of Afghanistan troops so that war will continue.

He will probably start bombing Yemen (even though he says he won't).

Either way, he will pick up after Obama and become another Dems war president.
    Gotta keep that complex happy.

The guy's been in politics for nearly half a century [8 of which as VP] ofcourse he voted for the bulk of those wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The easiest way to not be at war , is not get involved in a war in the first place ...
    Not always such a good idea to just announce ,that you're going home ...I suppose you could take a f#@k em all view , and just unilaterally leave ...
    I don't see obama as particularly a hawk , and I definitely never saw trump as a dove , ( military budgets were up , arms sales are up )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Gatling wrote: »
    Numerous reports came out of Iraq where senior Iranian military officer's were training and equipping various terror and insurgency groups ,and whenever they got caught Iraq would be told they were official diplomats and were sent back to iran and faced zero prosecutions ,
    I believe Isis has some kind of ties to Iran

Numerous reports from the fever swamps of whatever Neo-conservative rag you are reading, no doubt. Isis are sunni fanatics, funded by America's allies. Hezbollah fought against them and Al Nusra/Al Queda in Syria.
    Markcheese wrote: »
    The easiest way to not be at war , is not get involved in a war in the first place ...
    Not always such a good idea to just announce ,that you're going home ...I suppose you could take a f#@k em all view , and just unilaterally leave ...
    I don't see obama as particularly a hawk , and I definitely never saw trump as a dove , ( military budgets were up , arms sales are up )

People are what they do, so Obama was definitely a hawk. Trump was anti war but pro military. Which is of course, quite odd

Numerous reports from the fever swamps of whatever Neo-conservative rag you are reading,

Oh look a newly registered with a keyboard .

Nah

Biden is a good old fashioned American. No lover of regimes be they communist or religious in nature. Hopefully he sends the boys into the Middle East and keeps those hairy freaks so busy in their own back yard, they won't have time for anything else. Maybe we get lucky and he loses his marbles while hovering over the red button and he nukes the whole poisoned peninsula.

yeh, great. A nuclear strike close to Europe. Hurray. Millions of refugees too.

All to defend texas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Nah

Haha good oul Gatling, when proven wrong or about something u know diddely squat you pull this out.

Isis only has ties to your fav America and Saudi Arabia, nice bunch them sunni lads, always propped up by trump and erdogan the last while, Isis that is

Nah

I think we all have keyboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I think we all have keyboards?

That's his comeback to pretty much everyone who has a different opinion to him, her, it who knows these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

rapul wrote: »
    That's his comeback to pretty much everyone

Who makes a stupid post within days of registration ,

Terrible thing being right .

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

Makes actual sense , Taliban attacks increased during the negotiations why would biden want to keep any deal with the Taliban exactly ,
    Still killing Afghan government officials , police ,army ,judges , doctors educators .

What's the tali endgame , Americans out while they carry out genocide .
    Let's all support that idea ,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Next is that south america country which is a pit of lithium.
    Needed for the green reveloution 2cars etc." and power with profit to usa government and companies

jelem wrote: »
    Next is that south america country which is a pit of lithium.
    Needed for the green reveloution 2cars etc." and power with profit to usa government and companies

China will grab that , just look at Venezuela country is broke but spending billions on infrastructure on behalf of Chinese companies ,

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Makes actual sense , Taliban attacks increased during the negotiations why would biden want to keep any deal with the Taliban exactly ,
    Still killing Afghan government officials , police ,army ,judges , doctors educators .

What's the tali endgame , Americans out while they carry out genocide .
    Let's all support that idea ,

True, really justifies the 'world police' approach that's brought their weapons industry so much business.

• Advertisement

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    True, really justifies the 'world police' approach that's brought their weapons industry so much business.

Yaaaaaawn

Advertisement