Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account being upgraded from graduate to personal

Options
  • 06-11-2020 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Hello

My personal graduate account is being upgraded to personal account from February according to the electronic communication I have received.

This world mean subject to new fees which I have not paid before.

Does the personal account have the option of free banking when a certain amount is lodged per month ?

Currently have my main account and a savings account with bank of Ireland but if I will be subject to new fees under this new account then I will not hesitate to change my accounts to a bank that offers free banking such as permanent tab / KBC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hello

My personal graduate account is being upgraded to personal account from February according to the electronic communication I have received.

Does the personal account have the option of free banking when a certain amount is lodged per month ?

Currently have my main account and a savings account with bank of Ireland but if I will be subject to new fees under this new account then I will not hesitate to change my accounts to a bank that offers free banking such as permanent tab / KBC etc
    Frwe banking when you lodge a certain amount is gone. All banks are bringing in set fees. Waste of time moving. You'll get hit everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

N26 is completely free as long as you make less than 5 ATM withdrawals per month. Revolut is free as long as you withdraw less than €200 from ATMs per month but isn't a bank yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hello

Good morning,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Our new flat fee charge of €6 will apply to all Personal Current Accounts. We will no longer have the 'No Transaction Fee Offer for customers who hold €3000+ in their account. Everyone will be charged the €6. 

As we had over 23 amount of fee structures, we have created a more transparent and simple pricing model, to make it easier to understand banking costs and enable easier budgeting. 

I hope this information help!

Many thanks, 
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Frwe banking when you lodge a certain amount is gone. All banks are bringing in set fees. Waste of time moving. You'll get hit everywhere

KBC are set at lodge 2K at the moment and it's free banking. Is that changing too ?

Thanks for getting back to me Megan, I'll be closing accounts shortly.

Even the savings account is more of a holding account, no incentive to have it. 0.0%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

KBC are set at lodge 2K at the moment and it's free banking. Is that changing too ?

Thanks for getting back to me Megan, I'll be closing accounts shortly.

Even the savings account is more of a holding account, no incentive to have it. 0.0%

KBC charge ~€2 per month on their free account. You can use bonkers.ie to calculate the cost of current accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

EBS current account is still free.

GarIT wrote: »
    KBC charge ~€2 per month on their free account. You can use bonkers.ie to calculate the cost of current accounts.

That's the first place I went to actually was bonkers.ie and the 2 top ones were KBC for free and ebs

Must look.into their t&cs

Edit: looked into the terms and nothing about a €2 fee anywhere for maintaining the account

Was onto KBC. Confirmed free banking, no fees and better savings accounts

Switched today in mins on the phone and a quick email with some pics. Job done

Well be moving everything there and closing my bank of Ireland account very soon

Advertisement