Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from current affairs

Options
  • 06-11-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I seem to have been banned for two posts at the same time which werent really offensive or anything I dont understand.

One of them said how long will it take Biden to fix corona now that hes president or something like that, the other one said maybe every Trump supporter isnt a racist and maybe joe Biden doesnt actually touch kids because the guy I quoted couldnt believe an area that voted Trump also voted some liberal policy about other stuff.

I just let it go because I didnt want the hassle.

Then today I got a message saying automatic ban lifted by the boards team, I posted in the thread saying there will be a court case about voter fraud then hopefully everybody can get together and stop being so devisive but I feel america is too far gone for that and got banned because I was banned from that thread even though I got a ban lift message.

I messaged the mod and he said take it to dispute resolution.

This would be all on my record now and makes me look like some nutter who has arguements on the internet for no reason.

Baggly is the mod and I cant link private messages or anything my phones not great, hence the name.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Before asking a CMod to look at this, I would like to confirm the sequence of events

2 days ago you picked up a yellow card in the Trump v Biden thread and were told not to post in the thread again

You ignored that threadban and posted in the thread again. You were banned from the forum for a day for ignoring the mod instruction not to post in the thread again

Once that forum ban was up you again posted in the thread you were threadbanned from - this time you were forum banned for a week for ignoring the mod instruction

the nature of the posts themselves are irrelevant - it's the fact you posted in a thread you were told not to post in again that triggered the forum bans

To be clear threadbans are not automatically applied - it requires self-restraint by a poster. The threadban remains in place unless it is issued for a specific period or the mod agrees to lift it. The message you received related to the 1 day forum ban, and not the threadban

Can I clarify - are you contesting the 1 day form ban, or the 1 week forum ban? I presume the latter, but thought it best to provide this explanation of the process in case it changes your view on whether you wish to appeal either or both of the forum bans

If you wish to contest the threadban, that is dealt with in Help Desk and not this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

The first two actions happened at once but I am back in pm contact with mod who seems reasonable enough now, can this be delayed until further notice.

I think I didnt understand some of the process or terms used but I dont think I warranted any action in the first place to be honest.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Any further update on this OP?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

For clarity - Current Affairs is in the Social & Fun forum, not Society & Culture.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

For clarity - Current Affairs is in the Social & Fun forum, not Society & Culture.

Changed tag there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Man with Broke Phone,

I can look into this for you. Have you contacted the mod? If so, please post the PM's here or forward them to be.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Man with Broke Phone,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

You were banned from the thread by a moderator here here. Threadbans are usually permanent and not lifted unless the moderator directly confirms this. The message you would have gotten was from the system informing you of the lifting of the forum ban.

Moderators cannot ban posters from specific threads, only from the forum so a threadban is therefore an instruction. You're either banned from the forum or not banned at all from it.

You got banned the same day for one day for ignoring this instruction and then again two days later for the same thing.

On the basis that it was made clear to you that you were not to post in that thread again. Ignoring this instruction was why you were banned. I feel that sufficient warning was given and am therefore upholding the ban.

Let me know if you would like to request an admin review.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

OP, I'll leave this open for another couple of days for you to confirm whether you wish this to be looked at by an Admin

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement