Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift to tv/monitor

Options
  • 06-11-2020 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi. Recent recruit to the zwift scene. Enjoyable. Have been using it with a relatively old tablet. I would like to use a bigger screen though. Any (cheap) reccomendations for laptops or tablets I could purchase that would allow for HDMI projection to tv.

Comments

It's possible you could do it with what you have already, is there a screen cast / screen mirror option on your tablet? If it does you could wirelessly display the tablet on a modern TV.

Don't confuse this with chromecast, thats a different thing entirely and Zwift doesn't support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hi. Recent recruit to the zwift scene. Enjoyable. Have been using it with a relatively old tablet. I would like to use a bigger screen though. Any (cheap) reccomendations for laptops or tablets I could purchase that would allow for HDMI projection to tv.

If it’s Apple you can get a lightning to HDMI connector- I used one for this very purpose for a while. Worked pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

It's possible you could do it with what you have already, is there a screen cast / screen mirror option on your tablet? If it does you could wirelessly display the tablet on a modern TV.

Don't confuse this with chromecast, thats a different thing entirely and Zwift doesn't support it.

Thanks for reply. Yeah tried the screen mirroring with both the tablet and my phone. Found it both laggy and jumpy. That's why it prefer the HDMI option

martyc5674 wrote: »
    If it’s Apple you can get a lightning to HDMI connector- I used one for this very purpose for a while. Worked pretty well.

Unfortunately not. Both android. Don't support the type c to HDMI cables either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Unfortunately not. Both android. Don't support the type c to HDMI cables either

In that case I’d highly recommend the Apple TV 4k- you’ll get one for little more than 100€- works flawlessly with Zwift and the only thing that will beat it for graphics would be a high end gaming PC.

• Advertisement

martyc5674 wrote: »
    In that case I’d highly recommend the Apple TV 4k- you’ll get one for little more than 100€- works flawlessly with Zwift and the only thing that will beat it for graphics would be a high end gaming PC.

Just watched a quick video there. Looks exactly like what i need and cheap too. Thanks a mill

Looking online there and cex by far the cheapest for the 4k. Know they'd be second hand. Anyone know what their delivery times are like? Can't click and collect unfortunately

Does it run on the Amazon alternative the Fire Cube thingy or whatever it's called. Might need the app to be side loaded which isn't difficult. They go for 80ish for the 4k cube I think in Argos.

Not sure about bluetooth compatibility though for sensors etc.

Advertisement