Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a start up loan?

Options
  • 07-11-2020 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

With covid, I say the odds of getting a job is zero. Even at the best of times, there were no jobs around the place :D. Currently in the progress of registering a limited company. I figure getting a loan through a company is easier than getting a personal loan. If unemploy u can't even get a 500 euro loan from the credit union without jumping through 100 hoops.

SO is there anywhere I have a realistic shot of getting a 5000-10000 euro loan to get my business seriously up and running or am I wasting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Plenty of jobs out there if you are prepared to work.

Zero chance of a business loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

blocstock wrote: »
    With covid, I say the odds of getting a job is zero. Even at the best of times, there were no jobs around the place :D. Currently in the progress of registering a limited company. I figure getting a loan through a company is easier than getting a personal loan. If unemploy u can't even get a 500 euro loan from the credit union without jumping through 100 hoops.

SO is there anywhere I have a realistic shot of getting a 5000-10000 euro loan to get my business seriously up and running or am I wasting my time?

Microfinance offer loans up to 25K for startups.
    https://microfinanceireland.ie/loan-packages-2/covid19/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7qP9BRCLARIsABDaZzhgv4TDdKssS22XGXPiawo9HRsLsu85H-XvvRlXVZJ6PDlKDndNUfIaAndwEALw_wcB

Whether that'll happen during the pandemic and to an F&B start-up is another matter. You'd want to have a bangin' business plan and solid credentials to boot!

Advertisement