Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Built Gaming PC for young teens

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You might be able to get one from CEX, but their stock levels tend to be low so you might have to ring around as well as frequently checking the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Still no sign of the GPU and I'm officially sh1tting myself. :(:(:(

Was thinking about purchasing this as a backup which would do until I get the orignal GPU delivered. Can anyone tell me if it's compatible with the MOBO I have? This is where not having a clue what you are doing really starts to become a hindrance!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-Passive-Silent-Graphics/dp/B01AY78MLM/ref=sr_1_4?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Graphics+Cards&qid=1607722118&s=computers&sr=1-4&ts_id=430500031

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

RMDrive wrote: »
    Still no sign of the GPU and I'm officially sh1tting myself. :(:(:(

Was thinking about purchasing this as a backup which would do until I get the orignal GPU delivered. Can anyone tell me if it's compatible with the MOBO I have? This is where not having a clue what you are doing really starts to become a hindrance!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-Passive-Silent-Graphics/dp/B01AY78MLM/ref=sr_1_4?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Graphics+Cards&qid=1607722118&s=computers&sr=1-4&ts_id=430500031

Any "PCIe" graphics card is compatible. Have you got onto amazon customer chat? Get on there and make sure they know you're panicking about the order, they might do something for you.

Any "PCIe" graphics card is compatible. Have you got onto amazon customer chat? Get on there and make sure they know you're panicking about the order, they might do something for you.

Thanks. Yeah, I've been on to them but all they're offering me is a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you have any family coming from Dublin for the holidays? Within Dublin you can get AMZL delivery so about 24hrs from order to arrival, reliably. Could get a basic enough GPU delivered tomorrow evening if ordered now with Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Coyler

Same card on adverts. Only up a couple of hours. He's taking the piss with price but I feel your pain. Got nailed for a Santa present at three times the price last year after leaving it too late. He's claiming it's nearly new so get the invoice and receipt of him.

ED E wrote: »
    Do you have any family coming from Dublin for the holidays? Within Dublin you can get AMZL delivery so about 24hrs from order to arrival, reliably. Could get a basic enough GPU delivered tomorrow evening if ordered now with Prime.

Yeah, I have prime and could organise the Dublin side of things, but to be honest what I'm struggling with is to identify an alternative to what I ordered. There are SO many GPU options and I'm bamboozeled with all the choices.

I've puchased this and it's due to be here next Monday.
    MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 710 2GD3H LP

That should tive me over till I can get the better one from Amazon.

I'm reluctant to do the Adverts deal and I'd be scared I'd be sold a pup.

Thanks for the help follks.

Well .... that wasn't as bad as I expected :D

Have to get a splitter cable to hook up all of the front fans, and will add in the MSI RADEON RX 570 ARMOR GPU when it arrives next week, but all in all I'm happy with it. It was fun having the kids involved in the build (but honestly it was Daddy that enjoyed it the most) and they have been playing away all evening.

Thanks for the help on this thread and for the useful information in this forum in general. Happy Christmas.

Advertisement