If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar and bluetooth headphones

Options
  • 07-11-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    At the moment I have an old Panasonic 43" TV in the bedroom and this is connected to some stereo speakers via the headphone socket. But the volume still isn't great and I was wondering if a cheap soundbar to connect would be a better option. It's not regularly used so the justifiable budget is low.

If a soundbar was a better option, is there then an option to connect bluetooth headphones to the soundbar when desired, e.g. halfway through a film?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

whoami1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    At the moment I have an old Panasonic 43" TV in the bedroom and this is connected to some stereo speakers via the headphone socket. But the volume still isn't great and I was wondering if a cheap soundbar to connect would be a better option. It's not regularly used so the justifiable budget is low.

If a soundbar was a better option, is there then an option to connect bluetooth headphones to the soundbar when desired, e.g. halfway through a film?
    Hi whoami1,

Thanks for the post!

I think a good soundbar would boost the sound a good bit for you but it would depend on which speakers you are currently using and I'd also recommend one with a separate subwoofer as this will give a clearer sound with a lot more bass. I'd recommend something like the Yamaha YAS207 which can connect to your TV via HDMI ARC or Optical!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

In terms of connecting Bluetooth headphones, the soundbar only has a Bluetooth input, not an output so you wouldn't be able to connect headphones to your soundbar wirelessly. If your TV has a Bluetooth output you can choose this mid way through a film to select the headphones but it wouldn't work through the soundbar!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Thanks for that information and sorry about the delay in replying - life gets in the way sometimes.

By fiddling about with the sound properties on the TV and the Pi I use, I managed to get it to an acceptable level.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

whoami1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that information and sorry about the delay in replying - life gets in the way sometimes.

By fiddling about with the sound properties on the TV and the Pi I use, I managed to get it to an acceptable level.
    No problem at all Whoami1.

I hope everything was ok!

Glad you have got sorted but if we can help in any way in future please don't hesitate to drop us a post or PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.