Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Update and Security - accessing problems

Options
  • 07-11-2020 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I cannot access Windows Update and Security via Windows Settings - I presume that there is some problem and that as a result Windows does not update automatically?

Also, the Windows security icon in the taskbar alerts that actions are recommended - is there a way to fix this problem or has anyone else experienced it?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Maidhci wrote: »
    I cannot access Windows Update and Security via Windows Settings
    Is it just updates page , settings window or Start menu altogether?

Win + I will open settings window
    Win10, as previous versions, have troubleshooter build in - have you tried it?
    Maidhci wrote: »
    Also, the Windows security icon in the taskbar alerts that actions are recommended.
    What is the statement of message? Restart required by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Is it just updates page , settings window or Start menu altogether?

Win + I will open settings window
    Win10, as previous versions, have troubleshooter build in - have you tried it?

What is the statement of message? Restart required by chance?

Thanks for your response smuggler - I got it sorted by trial and error on Saturday evening. It was the Updates and Security in Settings that I could not access but after several attempts it eventually responded and I was able to troubleshoot from that point. That seemed to go into a bit of a loop and after 20 or so minutes, I cancelled and restarted. In any event, it downloaded all the updates. Thanks again for taking time to respond.

Advertisement